garlic recipe collection

cashew cabbage crunch salad

So.

It is Meatless Monday again, and I didn’t create anything. I have still been incredibly busy, and this last week? I’ve also had the flu. I rarely get sick, but this one has really knocked me out. I cannot even speak.

Besides my cravings for french fries (I always get that craving when sick), I have been juicing a lot. Juicing with healing ingredients like ginger. and lemon. and cayenne. and garlic.

For Meatless Monday Garlic Week, I have a recipe collection for you, including two garlic juices.

garlic apple juice

quinoa moussaka with garlic cashew bechamel

quinoa moussaka with garlic cashew bechamel

cholar dal

cholar dal [Bengali Five Spice Chronicles]

slow cooker marinara

slow cooker basil marinara

baby bella, pepper and arugula sandwich with roasted garlic spread

caramelized shallot dip

savory tomato protein pancakes

blackened broccoli bisque

basil quinoa meatball marinara sandwiches

African peanut stew

celery ranch dressing

celery ranch dressing

What is your favorite garlic recipe?

Visit Heather for even more garlic goodness!

Meatless Monday recipes

Comments

First of all, I hope you’re feeling better. With how much you’ve been stretching yourself out, I suppose it’s not a surprise that it all caught up with you. Still…ugh.

Second, I LOVE garlic. Always have, always will. My mom used to joke that when I was little, you could open up the door to my room and garlic would flood out. No matter what I eat, it sticks with me for days. With that said,
    I will take one of the baby bella sandwiches above to go, please and thank you :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

I know… this has been a sign that I need to s l o w d o w n… especially if my doc tells me today that it IS pneumonia like everyone thinks… *sigh*

I wish I could send a sandwich over right now! XO

• says

I wish I could send myself over to you right now! I would totally be the best nurse…well, not the best, but laughter is the best medicine 😉 Hang in there!

• Kristina Sloggett says

there definitely IS something in the Portland air… too bad, because it is SO STINKIN NICE right now – perfect 87-90 degrees out there! it better last until I feel better…

XXO

Another garlic fan here! I think the fingers on my left hand permanently smell of garlic from mincing it (I should probably get a press…) These recipes look fab, although I’m not sure I’m brave enough to try garlic in a juice…!

• Kristina Sloggett says

I have a garlic press, I still end up mincing it myself too. something about smashing it with a knife, too… 😉

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks Eileen – so far the garlic doesn’t seem to be helping, but I’m not giving up! 😉

Great list of recipes! Will definitely be trying some of these because I am obsessed with garlic. Also, I’ve been adding nuts (pistachios and cashews) to everything I can. Love the combination of flavors.

• Kristina Sloggett says

cashews are one of my favorites, I use them a lot and they have such great flavor. pistachios are SO GOOD too, glad to hear you’re enjoying them more!

oh squealingly yumful! Count me in the Garlic Fan Club…I don’t think I could ever give it up. Thanks for all the recipe links…your ‘Meat’ball Marinara Sandwiches look especially delicious!

I love your roundup of recipes – and those quinoa meatball marinara sandwiches are awesome!! I’ve made so many of your recipes, I’m always surprised when I see so many I haven’t tried yet. Love you!! And feel better!!

• Kristina Sloggett says

those quinoa meatballs are a favorite here too, so glad you like them – I think at this point you may have made them more than me? :)

I hope you’re feeling better! I hate that you’ve been so sick. I’m glad you got to see your dad for a minute though with precaution. 😉

Looks like you’ve been downing lots of good sick fighting nutrients with those garlic juices! They are beautiful too! I need to try that cashew béchamel. Dang that looks good!

Feel better soon!

• Kristina Sloggett says

I am well taken care of over here – Jason is keeping me in fresh juice :) still not great, I am heading to see my doc this afternoon… everyone seems to think this is now pneumonia.

I wish you could come over for something topped with cashew bechamel. we really need to work on this “next door neighbor” thing 😉

• Kristina Sloggett says

you are welcome, Kath! I wish we could sit and enjoy some of these together! (one day, yes!). I am feeling better, thanks – I rarely get sick, but this one was a DOOZIE! hugs to you!