chocolate ganache swirl cheesecake with almond fig crust

chocolate ganache cheesecake

I haven’t made you a cheesecake in a while. I’m making up for that now.

I think this is my best one yet.

Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts to make – so fun to get creative with the flavors. Especially when the flavors include a topping of buttery caramel sauce:

This cheesecake begins with a crunchy almond fig crust topped by a middle layer of cheesecake. Delicious as is, but I can never leave well enough alone. After the cheesecake layer set, I swirled a spoon through the surface (call it taste testing?), and poured a rich chocolate ganache over the top.

Oh my word, I wish I could invite you all over for a slice.

chocolate cheesecake with almond fig crust

The positive side? You can make one yourself – the most difficult aspect of the recipe is waiting for it to set.

Please visit Attune to say hello and see the recipe:

chocolate ganache swirl cheesecake with almond fig crust

vegan cheesecake

more cheesecake creations:

perfect for a festive July Fourth: triple berry cheesecake, red white and blue

perfect for … any day: salted caramel cheesecake

incredibly decadent: brownie bottomed cheesecake

a summer favorite: blackberry cheesecake ice cream

one of the most popular cookies on this site: raspberry lemon cheesecake cookies

Comments

It’s so beautiful! I’m curious as to whether anyone has tried to make a cheesecake with the new Daiya cream cheese spreads. They have some recipes for it, but we don’t have the product around here yet. To be honest though, I would rather keep it more natural like this. So clever.

Happy Fourth of July!

• Kristina Sloggett says

you know I’ll be trying, as soon as I can find them (I keep looking…)

I do love a cashew based cheesecake too, though.

hope you had a great weekend, happy week to you, my friend!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks Eileen! I especially loved the crust, I think – the figs gave an extra crunch, and great flavor! :)

Holy c***! I’m a sucker for cashew cheesecake and this one looks phenomenal.
    That gif with the caramel sauce makes me want to dive in :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you, Dreena! and seriously, next time you’re in Portland… give me a day or two heads up, and you’ve got cake 😉

thanks SO MUCH for sharing! XO

• Kristina Sloggett says

I always feel that way about cheesecakes, too – one thing I know will always turn out well! :)

Happy National Chocolate with Almonds Day!
    Thank you so much for sharing this…so many of my favorite flavors in one swirly masterpiece! I’ve linked to it on my blog. Cheers!

4. Jay says

Hi,

Made or my husband’s birthday. It was just awesome. Thanks for your wonderful and easy recipe. The photos made me to take the plunge. Glad it worked :) Thanks again

• Kristina Sloggett says

I am so happy to hear this, thanks for letting me know! honored to have been a part of your husband’s birthday! cheers! Kristina

Trackbacks