ciao, Google Reader

in random

Remember in school, those class assignments where you were to get into small groups to complete said assignment?

Were you That One Person who did all the work while everyone else took credit, or… were you the lucky and relaxed everyone else?

I was That One Person. *sigh*    …but somehow in college I turned into that procrastinator person, staying up all night at the very last possible second to get things done.

Cheesy, not at all smooth segue … now!

Here I am waiting until the last minute to talk about this – Google Reader is going away, as of today. Tonight. Tomorrow, it will be gone.

While I waited until the last minute to talk about it here, I didn’t procrastinate with my own favorite feeds (yay, me!).

I have been reading my favorite blogs and articles from Feedly for about a month. Not exactly like G Reader (I love that even with different folders, my true favorites and most reads still came up to the top, regardless of the newer publishings ahead of them. maybe Feedly can get on that.), but the closest I have found. before importing my G Reader feed (it takes mere minutes!), I did briefly try Bloglovin’. I use it too.

Are you a Google Reader, um, reader? Have you moved somewhere else already?

You can follow me on Feedly here, on Bloglovin’ here, and all of these places if you are not already:

Twitter

Pinterest

Instagram

Facebook

Lastly? I miss you all – I miss it here. I will be back with a new recipe tomorrow, and hopefully back to a kinda sorta regular schedule soon. I have a lot to share, and want to hear from you, I miss the interaction. What’s new with you?

I am just now home from a fantastically fun weekend at Fitbloggin’ – I will share with you the fun I had soon – and we’re having people over to grill this afternoon.

This sparkly spiked raspberry granita is sitting in the freezer right this minute, waiting for me to scrape scrape scrape into glasses and top with whip cream:

Cheers!

1 Kate | Food Babbles June 30, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Oh my goodness! I’m SO not a procrastinator but I also have waited until the very last second to tell my readers to make the switch. Yikes! ;) On another note, I made the switch yesterday so I won’t miss a single post of yours.

2 Kristina Sloggett June 30, 2013 at 3:32 pm

awww, thank you sweetie! xo

and right? I was so proud of myself for not waiting to switch myself, but geez, this is pathetic ;)

3 Abby June 30, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I’ve never used any reader other than just following people on Facebook or Twitter and have no idea how that works, but hopefully my readers know what they’re doing and don’t leave my life forever!

Glad you’ve been busy and having fun. Look forward to your updates :)

4 Kristina Sloggett June 30, 2013 at 9:29 pm

your readers are smart.

…busy, I’d like to be less so. or at least more busy in the kitchen. it’s happening. I have been having some fun too. miss you!

5 Eileen June 30, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Aw, we miss you too! :) I remember this granita from pre-Thanksgiving–and now that there are actually raspberries around, I am so going to make up a batch. Hooray!

6 Kristina Sloggett June 30, 2013 at 9:27 pm

thanks so much, Eileen, that is so nice to hear :) I hope you do make this, enjoy!!

7 lindsay June 30, 2013 at 5:32 pm

don’t worry, i follow you everywhere! hehe, can’t get rid of me!

8 Kristina Sloggett June 30, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I love you.

9 Marty June 30, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Sorry, stupid question! We’ll still get email updates?

10 Kristina Sloggett June 30, 2013 at 9:21 pm

yes you will, Marty! not a stupid question at all, thank you for reading!

11 Heather (Where's the Beach) July 1, 2013 at 5:18 am

Yep, I was that kid too ;-) And I too have procrastinated. I guess I need to check out bloglovin

12 Kristina Sloggett July 7, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I’ve heard good things about bloglovin’ – I’m getting used to feedly, I think it’s my favorite.

13 Rachel Cooks July 1, 2013 at 5:21 am

This granita is SO pretty! I’ve been using feedly and I think I’m finally getting used to it…

14 Kristina Sloggett July 7, 2013 at 10:07 pm

thank you! I’m getting used to feedly too, and I actually DO think it’s beginning to sort in order of my favorites, within each category? :)

15 Georgina July 2, 2013 at 11:53 am

Hello,
I certainly used Google Reader heavily. You are in one of my favourite food folders! As nothing will be the exactly the same as Google Reader, I’ve been using different readers depending on the situation.

At work, I can’t download anything on my browser, so I am using The Old Reader. It works beautifully and you can re-arrange your folders and share very easily.

For a more visual, magazine-like experience, I’ve used Flipboard for a long time and I also signed up with Feedly, which work great on my iPad and iMac at home. The feeds are beautiful, and certainly those with lovely photos as your blog quickly grab my attention.

Just because I’m curious, I also signed up with Reeder and Digg. I’m not so sure about those two.

16 Kristina Sloggett July 7, 2013 at 9:54 pm

ah, THANK YOU Georgina! that is so nice to hear! :)

sounds like you did the same as me – tried everything I could find… I am now using feedly the most, at least for now.

I LOVE flipboard! I use that on my phone.

17 Kath (My Funny Little Life) July 4, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I was that person in school as well (the one who did the work). At uni, there wasn’t so much group work anymore, but I still was the one whose lecture notes the others were copying, and who explained the stuff to them, particularly statistics and everything else methods-related. This way I didn’t have to learn much for my own exams. :)

I’ve never used Google reader. Some blogs I follow via WP and look into the WP reader for updates, but many of my (not too many, admittedly, for time reasons) blog friends whose blogs I read and comment regularly have their own websites or are on Blogger, so I usually use my blogroll to catch up.

I’ve missed you, btw! But I know you’ve been busy – and most of all, with your DAD!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 :D – so I know we'll talk more as soon as you have more time. (I can't help myself but have to drop that I've successfully made cashew yoghurt in the meantime, however. ;) )

18 Kristina Sloggett July 7, 2013 at 9:44 pm

oh Kath, I miss you too! yes, I’ve been busy, and you know how life goes – soon we shall have the time to catch up! congrats on the yoghurt, though – wow! that is exciting! hope your new food plan continues to go well and make you happy! XO