buckwheat hemp banana pancakes

buckwheat hemp banana pancakes

I am going to be that cliche that talks about summertime… again.

I am just loving the summer like weather we are having in Portland … already. Like, shorts and tees and sandals weather… every day. Daylight until almost 8pm – you all know my favorite part of summer is that we get daylight until after 9pm – here it comes, everybody!Β

It has been so nice all week.

Until this Sunday. We have a 50 percent chance of rain. So we’re celebrating Mom on Saturday. Having the family over to grill, play in the sun with four dachshunds.

buckwheat hemp banana pancakes

Sunday will be … my mom day? (two of those dachshunds are mine…)

I’ll sleep in (which will mean a glorious 7:am most likely). I’ll make these pancakes. I’ll take those pups for a long walk. We will go see a movie. A fun day where my biggest issue will be should I add chocolate chips to my pancakes or not?

buckwheat hemp banana pancakes

With a total of five ingredients, this is an easy vegan gluten free recipe using what you most likely have on hand. These pancakes have no added sugar, using a ripe banana as a natural sweetener.

Adding dark chocolate chips makes these pancakes even sweeter:

buckwheat hemp chocolate banana pancakes

so good, and a like a completely new recipe with one added ingredient.Β

do I make my Sunday pancakes with chocolate, or without?

buckwheat hemp chocolate banana pancakes

to see the recipe, please come say hello at Attune: buckwheat hemp banana pancakesΒ

Comments

That sounds like a lovely Sunday. I’ll be driving back from Buffalo which is a good thing because it means a quick 24 trip to see my family. Enjoy those puppies. Oh and I’d go straight up buckwheat with blackberries.

2. Diane M says

l absolutely love Buckwheat pancakes. But I want mine with homemade applesauce please, just like my Grandma Hopkins always served them! I’ll be making these this weekend too!! πŸ˜€

Okay now your black berries look way too good to be real. They are jumping out at me. They are oh-soo-perfect and I want your pancakes with those blackberries Pronto. I may have asked you this already, so if I did, old age is setting in. Are you going to Fitbloggin’ in Portland in June? I would love to meet spa bettie.

• Kristina Sloggett says

hi Marlene, I am not going to Fitbloggin’ this year, I don’t think. the cool thing? I LIVE in Portland, so I may change my mind at the last minute, or am here to meet up! :)

I’m going to say….with PEANUT BUTTER chips. :) [Or maybe cinnamon chips if you can find them?] Just to be difficult.

And because that sounds really good to me right now.

I’m waiting until you have made enough recipes using that cereal that I can open my box, that I still have from HLB Summit swag–which I had my brother pick up after I couldn’t go and mail to me (hint, hint regarding Vida Vegan ;)) and make them all in one fell swoop.

• Kristina Sloggett says

I actually have some cinnamon chips, I think? :) peanut butter would be good too… I happen to know the VVC swag bag will have a box of Erewhon as well…

Oh wow – these look SOOOOOO good and fluffy! I will have to try this sometime. We are planning crepes this Mother’s Day but I am very tempted by these pancakes….have a great weekend!

I think those are the hugest blackberries I’ve ever seen–and I’ve spent some time in the PNW, even! Such a perfect match with beautiful fluffy pancakes. :)

Absolutely stunning pancakes. I am such a sucker for pancakes. What grabbed me here is the unique ingredients. I’ve tried buckwheat pancakes in the past but never with hemp. I got all the ingredients here and ripe bananas. Better get to work! :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

Shulie I used buckwheat hemp cereal ground to flour, but I look forward to hearing about yours if you make from scratch!

• Kristina Sloggett says

we LOVE hemp seeds here – we have been using them as a (coconut) yogurt topping at breakfast – CRAZY good energy!

Nope… while I love chocolate, I don’t like it in my breakfast! The pancakes with the blackberries though?? Fabulous!!! Hope the day was a beautiful as you described. I’m envious of the “long” walk your pups take, mine would prefer to stay on a lap!

• Kristina Sloggett says

I get it, chocolate isn’t always a natural breakfast choice (I happen to LOVE it, though). πŸ˜‰ we have been walking the pups early every morning lately – they love it and SNOOZE all morning afterwards! :)

Trackbacks