Valentines Day recipes

in baking, Breakfast, cocktails, Dessert, Gluten Free, recipes, Valentines Day, Vegan

dark chocolate mint truffles

You have several more days to plan something for your Valentine – a sweet breakfast, a batch of pink cookies, a luxuriously decadent truffle.

You may know, Valentines Day is my all time favorite. I love to celebrate love, whether it be with Jason or my favorite friends!

You may know, giving gifts of food is another all time favorite. Each of these recipes is Valentine approved, vegan, gluten free, and deliciously good.

Baileys and black tea French toast

dark chocolate mint truffles

dark chocolate mint truffles

peanut butter cups – wasabi, ginger, or graham

homemade Twix – peanut butter or caramel filled

vibrant pistachio lime bites

vibrant pistachio-lime truffles

raspberry cheesecake cookies

raspberry lemon cheesecake cookies

saffron doughnuts with rosewater icing

salted caramel milkshake (with homemade Baileys)

strawberry lemon rice crispies

strawberry lemon rice crispies

raspberry cheesecake oreo bars

salted toffee crunch truffles

salted toffee crunch truffles

pink thumbprint cookies with whiskey ganache

Valentines spicy hot shots

pomegranate cranberry hearts

sparkly spiked cran-raspberry granita

Meyer lemon mousse in chocolate cups

…and Portlanders can visit Blossoming Lotus for their prix-fixe Valentines Dinner!

Happy Valentines Day!

1 christina February 9, 2013 at 8:31 am

everything is so pretty!!! want those pistachio truffles!

2 katie February 10, 2013 at 5:06 am

I would want a sample of EACH for Valentine’s Day! All look amazing!

Hope you are well and thinking of your dad girl <3 Sending love and prayers <3

3 Kristina Sloggett February 13, 2013 at 6:44 am

thank you. all I can say is thank you – you have been such a support to me this entire time, and I hope you know how much I appreciate it. you have brought me smiles, strength, and hope when I have needed it most. I am so grateful to call you a friend. <3

4 jobo February 10, 2013 at 10:51 am

Not only are these perfect for v-day, they are perfect for PMS!! I want to dive into every single picture!!

5 Kristina Sloggett February 13, 2013 at 6:38 am

hee hee – absolutely!

6 Heather (Where's the Beach) February 10, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I’ve not ever really been a fan of V-Day, but you sort of make me want to love it. I think it’s because of how much you love and give. Hugs sweetie!

7 Kristina Sloggett February 13, 2013 at 6:37 am

awww. YAY! ;) Valentines is my favorite holiday, and Jason likes it too, so that’s a bonus.

8 Jenn@slim-shoppin February 11, 2013 at 10:54 am

Love all those dishes! So pretty.

Have a great day!

9 Kristina Sloggett February 13, 2013 at 6:23 am

thank you Jenn! xo

10 Richa February 11, 2013 at 11:50 am

you are unstoppable.. that is a a lot of things i have got to try! those mint truffles, baileys shake, cheesecake bars.. you should do a round up of super easy things that guys can whip up so i can pass it along to hubbs with requests ;)

11 Kristina Sloggett February 13, 2013 at 6:21 am

now THAT is a great idea… I will have to remember about that next time!

12 Laura (Tutti Dolci) February 11, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Oh those raspberry lemon cheesecake cookies are leaping out at me, love!

13 Kristina Sloggett February 13, 2013 at 6:11 am

several people have already made them and LOVE them! they went fast around here ;)

14 Jeremy February 11, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I really appreciate the combination of beautiful shapes with delicious taste. Looking at the pictures what immediately came to my mind is the gift I’m gonna give to my girlfriend on Valentine’s Day. I’ve made a private booking for one of the courses organized by Zac’s cooking school here in Vancouver – cooking classes for couples and your recipes will most certainly be among the first ones we’ll try together. :)

15 Kristina Sloggett February 13, 2013 at 6:08 am

sounds like fun – I love cooking classes – have a great time!

16 Jessica February 14, 2013 at 11:38 am

Wow these look delicious, thanks for sharing Kristina! Check out more kid-friendly recipes and craft ideas for today here: http://www.care.com/child-care-41-easy-diy-valentines-day-crafts-for-kids-p1017-q24629994.html