staying healthy through stress – Wellness Wednesday

apple cider vinegar lemon

I had a different post on deck for today’s Wellness Wednesday, but am sitting here writing this one in real time because… that’s how I’m rolling today.

It has been another extremely stressful and emotional week, for sure. I am exhausted, and really, nothing has even happened yet. After a short night of sleep and a busy day yesterday, all I wanted to do was go to sleep at 4:pm. I had a dinner date with two girlfriends, then class to go to later.

I rallied, I picked myself up, had an extra shot of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and aminos, and was out the door!

juice

Sitting with the girls was not only a therapeutic and much needed break, we laughed and smiled and talked and talked and talked. We enjoyed fresh juice and wonderful raw food for dinner, and I was thankful to be there.

Right now for me, Wellness means staying healthy while under extra stress. That means making sure I am taking my supplements (I have that vitamin post coming soon!), increasing things like zinc and vitamin c and more of my favorite remedy, vibrant fresh juice and veggies.

Wellness also means choosing a few more hours in a day, when you get to spend those hours with the rich company of friends. I came home and relaxed to unwind and catch up with Jason (I call him my soother), and went to sleep early. I slept in until 5:30 today, and I honestly do feel refreshed.

…spending some down time with these two?Β Very therapeutic.

Basil and Rosemary

How do you stay healthy during stress?

Comments

1. Kathy Peterman says

So glad you are posting realtime stuff. And I am grateful to be one of your friends, knowing it was therapeutic for all 3 of us! Blessings to you and your Dad as he goes into surgery tomorrow and keep doing all things that help manage the stress.

• says

We’re good over here! Yes, let’s get together. I will start the ball rolling. :)

Also – I would love to interview you for my blog. I love sharing how entrepreneurial women make their careers. Let me know if you are willing.

• Kristina Sloggett says

yay! I would LOVE to be interviewed – sounds fun and yes I am willing. XXO – hope to see you guys soon πŸ˜‰

I love that rainbow of juice! And that you found the time to take a moment or two and de-stress. Just pausing to breath, enjoy a treat or chat with friends can make all the difference! Stay healthy and happy Kristina!

((hug)) those pups are good for the soul, aren’t they? I ALWAYS find mine are when I need a boost. These drinks look delish and soothing as well. Thinking of you friend!

It’s cliche, but you have to take care of yourself in order to best take care of others–of the two and four-legged variety. I’m actually working on a semi-similar post for this week, as it seems like there’s a lot of this going around.

But you’re right that it’s so important to remember the core of wellness–phsyical and emotional. Sometimes you need to force yourself to say “yes” or say “no,” simply because you need to reboot. Tea, TV, pets, books…whatever is good for your soul πŸ˜‰

• Kristina Sloggett says

exactly… the last thing I wanted to do yesterday afternoon was go to class, go out at all – but having dinner with friends and then class was the best thing for me. :)

and yes, I recognize when I need down time, in busy and stressful times I plan for it if I have to.

XXO

sending you bundles of healing thoughts and hugs! I, too, love an ACV combo, fresh juices, and making sleep a priority! glad you have a personal soother. <3

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you Dorry, I can sure use those thoughts today, it’s been a long one. making sleep a priority is an important one as well… and something I really need to do tonight! πŸ˜‰