Celery Ranch Dressing – a plant based, flavorful take on the classic dressing that is a favorite of so many – celery adds a crisp pop of flavor to this tangy cool ranch!
I love ranch dressing.
Jason makes fun of my love of ranch dressing.
In all my years of ranching (heh…), I have become quite the connoisseur. Not all ranch is the same. For instance, I love the flavor and consistency of something like a Hidden Valley packet of ranch, mixed with milk. I do not enjoy the flavor or consistency of the Hidden Valley Ranch in a bottle, ready made. This is nothing against Hidden Valley – as I loved those original packets – I am not a fan of most bottled dressings.
I love to make my own.
First of all, I like a thin dressing – this is thin, dippable. I like the traditional ranch flavors, including whatever Cool Ranch means. Cool is most definitely an aspect of this flavor, and I have been trying to recreate it for a while now, in addition to the tangy herby flavors ranch is known for.
While it may seem like a completely strange ingredient, coconut milk helps give it the cool taste I was looking for. If you want to try this recipe and think I’m nuts, please feel free to substitute milk of your choice. Then put it in the freezer before using. Only sort of kidding. But yes, I am kidding.
I first made this dressing for my salad of living watercress. I also used it as a dipping sauce for those radish tarts. Mmm.
Celery Ranch Dressing
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
2 stalks celery, cleaned and trimmed
1/2 cup coconut milk (So Delicious carton)
1/2 cup sunflower oil
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
3-4 fresh chives, minced fine
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch sea salt, black pepper
In high speed blender, puree celery to a liquid (or juice celery). Pour through a mesh strainer to remove pulp, set aside celery juice.
Add coconut milk and oil, cover tightly and blend at highest speed several minutes, until this emulsifies into a thicker consistency.
Add celery juice, apple cider vinegar, chives, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper – blend to combine.
Store covered in refrigerator.
Are you a ranch fan? What is your favorite salad dressing?
- 2 stalks celery, cleaned and trimmed
- ½ cup coconut milk (So Delicious carton)
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 fresh chives, minced fine
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch sea salt, black pepper
- In high speed blender, puree celery to a liquid (or juice celery). Pour through a mesh strainer to remove pulp, set aside celery juice.
- Add coconut milk and oil, cover tightly and blend at highest speed several minutes, until this emulsifies into a thicker consistency.
- Add celery juice, apple cider vinegar, chives, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper - blend to combine.
- Store covered in refrigerator.