spabettie recipes – best of 2012

salted caramel milkshake

It is always fun to look back on the year of spabettie, and today I am rounding up the top recipes – both reader favorites and favorites in our house.

The homemade Twinkies? I made those early in the year, after the first Hostess bankruptcy scare. The sushi sliders and the plant based steak dinner? Two of my favorite things ever. A kale chiffonade salad was big around here this year, and the chipotle potato burritos were one of the recipes my readers made often.

Along with the salted caramel milkshake up there, and my homemade Bailey’s recipe below – very popular with… well, everyone.

vegan homemade Irish cream

plant based steak dinner

homemade Twinkies

tempeh edamame salad rolls with ginger peanut sauce

double rich chocolate protein cookies

chipotle potato burrito with chipotle mayo

orange creamsicle cupcakes

sushi veggie sliders

triple berry raw cheesecake

lightened up Piña Colada

lemon avocado massaged kale salad

double chocolate cherry ice cream

Thank you all for reading and connecting this year, I love our conversations!

Comments

Even though I haven’t tried any of these–still waiting for your delivery service–I love it! And I love that when I’m on another site like Finding Vegan, for example, I can totally pick your pictures out of everyone else’s.

You are extremely talented, my friend, and I look forward to reading more in 2013 :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

hee – that’s good to know! I’ve had others tell me that as well – they know my photos. I guess that’s a good thing? :)

it has been so nice getting to know you even more this year – I look forward to more fun conversation in the new year – a better year all around, for all of us! XXO happy new year!

• Kristina Sloggett says

aw, thanks so much, Jess – that makes me smile so big! happy 2013 to you guys – it’s going to be another big and exciting one for you, for sure!

2. Laurel says

I, like Abby, have not tried any of these (even though) they feature in my dreams. I WAS going to do the Bailey’s for xmas but the whisky had mysteriously done a runner before I got to it. Harumph and now it’s time to do a cleanse. I wonder if milkshakes and ice cream and all those other goodies would perform the same function?
    Have the BESTEST New Year and thanks for all the lovely, imaginative yumminess you share and all the happiness you spread along with it.

• Kristina Sloggett says

haa – a milkshake cleanse! someone oughta make one 😉

and thank YOU so much for reading – I wish you a fantastic new year as well – cheers!

I love ALL your recipes, but thank you for reminding me of some of these…I can’t believe I STILL haven’t made the cauli-steak yet! And then I totally forgot about the sushi sliders…I need those in my life! Well…that is once I get come out the other side of my post-christmas detox that is! Ugh, I want my appetite back!

It’s been a great year hasn’t it? Can’t wait to see what 2013 brings! Happy (early) new year friend! 😀

Oh, and since I haven’t had the chance to tell you yet…Rosemary is the CUTEST! Love love love all the brother/sister pup pics that have been filling up my IG feed! <3

• Kristina Sloggett says

you picked two of my favorites, the cauli steak and the sushi sliders… DO IT, please! 😀 yes, after a bit of a new years cleanse – I am looking forward to one of those myself!

and THANK YOU!! we have been having SO MUCH FUN with our new little sweetie pup. double trouble, for sure. 😉

happy new year, Dear! XO

This year was FILLED with deliciousness! I still need to make that cauliflower steak. I love cauli… it may have to go on my menus to kick the new year off!

Can’t wait for more amazing food in 2013. Your creativity is inspiring. :)

Happy New Year!!!

• Kristina Sloggett says

yes it was, most definitely. and yes, please make the cauiflower steak!? so SO good! I made another one that I will be sharing soon, even better!

happy new year to you, my friend!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you, Wendy! and yes, even in the coldest temps, this salted caramel milkshake is good – just grab an extra blanket or sit by a fire! :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

it has been a delicious year here, for sure… lots of fun planned for the new one as well! cheers, happy new year my friend!

• Kristina Sloggett says

oooh, yes! I have had a few “you forgot this…” messages – perhaps I need to compile a reader favorites list? :) happy new year, Dorothy!

LOVE this list of recipes! and I remember all of them! my goal for 2013 is to honestly MAKE one of your recipes. I always say I will and I pin them with the the best intentions and then haven’t! But I will!! Happy New Year! XOXO

So many goodies – it’s hard to pick just one. I do think those chipotle burritos were the one I made most often of yours though! I’m so happy to have gotten to know you better this year. Your creativity is always inspiring and you are such a kind and sweet person!!

• Kristina Sloggett says

we love those chipotle burritos :) and I feel the same, Heather – so good to get to know you more this year, and it has been so much fun participating in your MMAZ! happy new year to you – cheers!

That Salted Caramel Milkshake is reeling me in! I’m in love with anything salted caramel these days… put it in a drink and I’m in heaven. I’m about to check out that recipe and the one for your Homemade Irish Cream. YUM!