a Basil and Rosemary holiday…

Basil and Rosemary

Meet Rosemary.

Basil finally got a sister, just in time for the holidays.

We have been spending time bonding over the last few days, and today we are having the whole family over – with two more dachshunds, Jake and Elwood! Tomorrow is little Rosie’s fifth birthday – we adopted her from the local rescue over the weekend.

dachshunds

happy holidays from all four of us.

Comments

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you Dianne! they are doing very well so far – she is very sweet and Basil always has been, so it seems to be a good match :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks, Heather! she sure is a sweetie, she’s doing well here and I think Basil is getting used to her 😉

1. Deb Roby says

Congratulations! Our newest puppy addition has made a much brighter (and more chewed) light in our home and hearts! I’m sure Rosie will do the same for you.

(hopefully without the chewing).

• Kristina Sloggett says

ha – funny you say that – today she was chewing THE CARPET of all things. she stopped though… I hope that doesn’t continue, I’d have to lock up my shoes! :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks Tiff! and yes, they’re getting along very well, I imagine it will just get better the more they get to know each other… happy holidays to you!

• Kristina Sloggett says

warms MY heart too – there are so many and I want to adopt them all! she really is such a sweetie, just like our first. happy holidays!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks, Kristy!! we are so excited to have two – these last few days have been so fun! :) happy holidays and new year to you! XO

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks Jess – we are happy we found what does seem to be a perfect match! I hope you had a great holiday too – last one “alone” before baby, right?? 😀

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks, Sarena! we have been having such a fun time bonding – nice excuse to just stay in and be chill for a few days :) I hope your Christmas was wonderful, too! I’m taking a nice break for a few more days… 😀

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you!! 😀 and when Clyde gets older (Basil is already nine, we adopted him at 5) you should get another, keeps them young 😉

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks, Cathy… she is so dang fun and Basil is getting used to her 😉 happy new year to you and your family – cheers!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks so much, Julie – we are still enjoying a nice holiday – and getting to know the new pup :) happy holidays and happy new year to you – I hope we can meet up sometime soon! (if not, we’ll at least see each other at Vida Vegan, right?) 😉

Aww Kristina, what a super duper holiday. Great present for you, Basil and so wonderful Rosie found a warm home. You are spread so much cheer around social media with your positive cheerfulness. Happy Holidays!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you so much, Shulie – that is very nice to hear and just gave me a BIG smile! and yes, we are having such a great time with the new pup – she is a handful but lots of fun! happy holidays, happy new year to you too!

• Kristina Sloggett says

two is certainly a handful, but yes, SO much fun! 😀 we’re getting to know each other around here, and having a good time!

• Kristina Sloggett says

hello and welcome! and thank you – we are having a lot of fun with the newest pup!

happy new year to you!

Happy Holiday Kris. OMG….Rosemary is ADORABLE!!!!!! I laughed out loud at the “sharing the blanket” picture. Rosemary looks like she’s almost “smiling” and Basil has the “REALLY? I have to share the blanket??? REALLLLY?” look on his face. So fun. I’m sure they’re fast friends. Best to you and the whole family, I’m looking forward to more of your recipes and posts well into 2013.

• Kristina Sloggett says

THANK YOU!! isn’t she sweet? (well, right now she is barking at a squirrel in the back yard…) 😉

happy new year to you, my friend! thank you for your fun conversations this year – looking forward to more of those next year as well!

I have been loving the pictures on FB of these two cuties! Doggy pics get me every time :) When we rescued our dog they thought she was black lab – basset, but we actually think lab – dachsund now