orange creamsicle shortbread cookies

Happy Holidays, everyone!

I can officially say that now, right? Thanksgiving is complete, so now can we focus on the rest of the holiday season?

I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, or if you were not celebrating, simply a nice weekend.

Our holiday was so lovely – as I mentioned, my dad joined us at my mom and step dad’s house, and I could not have been happier. I definitely missed having my sister and her husband there that day, they were out of town. We often go to Missouri on Thanksgiving, to see Jason’s family, and the only thing that could top this weekend would be having both families together. Perhaps someday.

Thanksgiving began with a brunch at my other sister’s house, where Dad also joined us. Jason and I then stopped back at our house to pick up Basil and all the food I had made, and we headed to my mom’s place right away. I like to spend the whole day at my moms… Β I used to spend the night the day before!

We avoided shopping crowds the next day, opting for a fabulous lunch and movie instead. Saturday the Ducks won our Civil War game, and I had a super fun girls night out with a show at Tony Starlight’s Supperclub.

The holidays and merriment begins!

More holiday festivity – all month long, my friend Roxana has a holiday series where she is featuring delectable holiday goodies and some fantastic giveaways.

To see my orange creamsicle shortbread, please visitΒ #25RecipesToXmas.

Happy Holidays!Β

Comments

• Kristina Sloggett says

if anyone understands this truth, it is you. so happy you had a nice time with your family as well. I love the holidays. XXO

• Kristina Sloggett says

yes, it is nice to be able to plant yourself in one place for the day πŸ˜‰ I wanted ALL of my parents with me ALL day this year…

1. Tommy says

I know how important this was for you, my dear. You deserve the most beautiful holiday with your pop. Glad you could all be together.

These shortbreads are great, different from the standard holiday fare but still with that signature spabettie sparkle!

I’m so happy to hear your Thanksgiving was family-filled, especially with your dad this year!! We did the Friends-giving thing for the first time and it was fabulous. We celebrate early with Kirk’s family & my parents are coming for Christmas. This is our first year of long-distance family holiday. :)

I am not a Black Friday shopper either – why get up early and fight the crowds when there is online shopping?!

• Kristina Sloggett says

your Friendsgiving sounded incredibly lovely! sounds like Christmas will be exciting too – great to have your parents visiting. we are hosting our first Christmas in our new house – everyone will be over here and I could not be more excited! πŸ˜€

Shortbread cookies are, hands down, the BEST Christmas cookies EVER!! I love the sound of orange creamsicle shortbread cookies πŸ˜€ I will have to make some soon. I had three shortbread cookies today already!

I’m glad you had such a great time with your family :) Family time is definitely the best part of the holidays.

• Kristina Sloggett says

family really is the best part, right? there are so many things I love about this time of year and all of the festivities, but being with my family and just enjoying… that’s the best stuff! :)