orange creamsicle shortbread cookies

in baking, Dessert, Gluten Free, Guest Posts, holiday, recipes, Vegan

Happy Holidays, everyone!

I can officially say that now, right? Thanksgiving is complete, so now can we focus on the rest of the holiday season?

I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, or if you were not celebrating, simply a nice weekend.

Our holiday was so lovely – as I mentioned, my dad joined us at my mom and step dad’s house, and I could not have been happier. I definitely missed having my sister and her husband there that day, they were out of town. We often go to Missouri on Thanksgiving, to see Jason’s family, and the only thing that could top this weekend would be having both families together. Perhaps someday.

Thanksgiving began with a brunch at my other sister’s house, where Dad also joined us. Jason and I then stopped back at our house to pick up Basil and all the food I had made, and we headed to my mom’s place right away. I like to spend the whole day at my moms…  I used to spend the night the day before!

We avoided shopping crowds the next day, opting for a fabulous lunch and movie instead. Saturday the Ducks won our Civil War game, and I had a super fun girls night out with a show at Tony Starlight’s Supperclub.

The holidays and merriment begins!

More holiday festivity – all month long, my friend Roxana has a holiday series where she is featuring delectable holiday goodies and some fantastic giveaways.

To see my orange creamsicle shortbread, please visit #25RecipesToXmas.

Happy Holidays!

1 Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking November 27, 2012 at 4:13 am

Hi Kristina,
Thank you for sharing the recipe to these beautiful shortbread cookies with us. I still have to find some of those candy cane.

2 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:32 am

you are so welcome, my friend! thanks for having me, and happy holidays! XO

3 katie November 27, 2012 at 4:23 am

These look AMAZING! Reminds me of the orang creamsicle pops I used to love as a kid!!!!

You rock!

Happy Tuesday! <3

Love to Basil and Dad!

4 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

YES!! I loved those! much love back to you, Katie! XXO

5 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 27, 2012 at 5:07 am

I am so glad you had such a great time with your family. That is truly what it’s all about!

6 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

if anyone understands this truth, it is you. so happy you had a nice time with your family as well. I love the holidays. XXO

7 Heather (Where's the Beach) November 27, 2012 at 5:13 am

That’s great your family can get together like that. Makes it so much more relaxing rather than running from one house to the next. Those cookies look amazing too!

8 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:30 am

yes, it is nice to be able to plant yourself in one place for the day ;) I wanted ALL of my parents with me ALL day this year…

9 Rachel Cooks November 27, 2012 at 5:54 am

These look awesome!

10 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:29 am

thank you, Rachel! :) happy holidays!

11 Beth @ Tasty Yummies November 27, 2012 at 7:11 am

These are sooo beautiful and I bet they are JUST as tasty, too! Thanks for sharing!

12 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:25 am

they were pretty darn tasty… ;) and you KNOW I love the sparkle!

13 Ashley F. November 27, 2012 at 7:38 am

Those look divine! I am so excited for the cooking baking season!

14 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:22 am

me too! I have SO many ideas, not enough time:D

15 jobo November 27, 2012 at 8:27 am

I am so glad you had such a fabulous holiday and with both of your parents!! love hearing this :-)

16 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:21 am

thank you SO MUCH – it meant so much to me, and I know you get that :)

17 Tommy November 27, 2012 at 9:27 am

I know how important this was for you, my dear. You deserve the most beautiful holiday with your pop. Glad you could all be together.

These shortbreads are great, different from the standard holiday fare but still with that signature spabettie sparkle!

18 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:19 am

thank you SO much, my friend. your continued support this year has meant more than you will ever know.

19 Heather @ Better With Veggies November 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

I’m so happy to hear your Thanksgiving was family-filled, especially with your dad this year!! We did the Friends-giving thing for the first time and it was fabulous. We celebrate early with Kirk’s family & my parents are coming for Christmas. This is our first year of long-distance family holiday. :)

I am not a Black Friday shopper either – why get up early and fight the crowds when there is online shopping?!

20 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:18 am

your Friendsgiving sounded incredibly lovely! sounds like Christmas will be exciting too – great to have your parents visiting. we are hosting our first Christmas in our new house – everyone will be over here and I could not be more excited! :D

21 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 27, 2012 at 10:28 am

I really love that this is orange rather then red and green. I’m already on Christmas color overload!

22 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:15 am

you know me, anything but traditional ;)

23 Char @ www.charskitchen.ca November 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Shortbread cookies are, hands down, the BEST Christmas cookies EVER!! I love the sound of orange creamsicle shortbread cookies :D I will have to make some soon. I had three shortbread cookies today already!

I’m glad you had such a great time with your family :) Family time is definitely the best part of the holidays.

24 Kristina Sloggett November 28, 2012 at 9:10 am

family really is the best part, right? there are so many things I love about this time of year and all of the festivities, but being with my family and just enjoying… that’s the best stuff! :)

25 Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil November 30, 2012 at 9:03 pm

These look so yummy! I love this idea so much!

26 Kristina Sloggett December 3, 2012 at 1:05 pm

thank you, Melissa – I cannot wait to include these in my cookie gifts this year! Cheers!