chocolate cheesecake mousse in peanut butter chocolate cookie cups

I’ve been holding out on you guys. I have made this mousse quite a few times, and have been wanting to share it with you.

This is the original thought that was in my head, though – to make this mousse and serve it in edible (and awesome) cookie cups.

I have made the cookie cups several times, too – but with not too pretty results. First time, too much cookie dough, ran all over the tins. Next time, the cookies stuck, ripped apart.

Then, I found these genius ladies, and this genius guest post from Amy – where she made cookie cups! One of the steps in making her cookie cups includes using foil – which helps make a perfect cookie cup!

My method uses less cookie dough per cup, because I like the cookie to end before the top, so it has a rustic, uneven edge, not a “lip” on the cup. My cookie dough just barely starts to form down the side of the cup, as the dough will expand down as it cooks. If you prefer the cup to have a full bowl with a lip around the edge, use more dough!

chocolate cheesecake mousse

dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan

serves four

1/2 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup agave*
2 large avocados, peeled and seed removed
juice of 1 lemon

*adjust agave to sweetness levelย

In food processor, pulse cashews until crumbly, add water and continue processing until smooth. Add cocoa, agave, avocados and lemon juice, continue to process to a silky smooth mousse. Pipe or spoon into cookie cups and enjoy!

peanut butter chocolate cookies

dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan

makes 8-10 cookies

1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter (Earth Balance soy free), melted
3 tablespoons agave
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free all purpose flour
pinch sea salt
1/3 cup (dairy free) dark chocolate chips

In medium mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and melted butter until smooth. Stir in agave and vanilla paste. Add flour and salt, combine completely. Fold in chocolate chips.

To make cookie cups: (using Amy’s foil idea)

Turn a muffin tin upside down, cover muffin cups with foil pieces. Form pieces of dough into balls (just less than golf ball size), flatten and cover the top of the muffin tin, so the cookie goes over the edge just a bit. (The cookies will expand and move down the muffin cups). Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until set. Allow to cool, carefully remove tin foil from cups.

Anybody want a peanut cookie cup?

Comments

how could you?! we trusted you to report delicious recipes like this at once! lol.
    these cookie cups look fantastic and I love the idea of the cheesecake mousse filling.

haaa, I know, I know!! I didn’t just want to share a bowl of mousse when I knew I wanted to do this! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know – the avocado is SO GOOD. Jason was eating one and LOVED it, and I asked “do you want to know what is in the mousse?” he looked at me for a minute, and then said no. ๐Ÿ˜‰

the foil works great! my next step was going to be my silicone muffin mold, but I saw this and tried it first – works great!

cookie cups filled with mousse-y goodness? what will she think of next? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I LOVE the idea of the cups — you could concoct some pretty fun flavors I bet — like a pb cookie ‘cup’ with something reminiscent of jelly in the middle, what do you think?? care to make up a recipe like that for me? y’know, if you take requests and all ๐Ÿ˜‰

hmmm – I bet I could put something like that together for you! ๐Ÿ˜€ let me work on something… ๐Ÿ˜‰

…and YES – I always take requests!!

thank you, Shirley! oh, and will you try to just share the link, no photo? I want to see if it comes up with an actual photo, I have had some work done on the inner workings here… (and if it does not work, by all means use a photo like you have been!) :) XXO!

they are SO fun!! I have wanted to make these for so long! (well, I have made them many times, but we just ate them – I never served them to guests or shared here, because they weren’t all that pretty!) the foil is awesome, and my other suggestion would be to NOT form the dough all the way down – just a little bit over the top of the cup, really. they get bigger… ENJOY!

You’re just too much. Too much deliciousness. Too many treats you taunt me with, and you are so far away and I can’t come knocking on your door demanding such deliciousness.

hi Laureen! fun, right? I know, I have several other flavors I want to try as well… I look forward to seeing what you make!

Trackbacks