chocolate dipped sugared kale chips

What else was I going to do with kale during a ‘Treats and Sweets’ month?

Seriously, I came up with several ideas. Many that are not ready for spabettie just yet,

but these? Several taste testers have approved – vegan or not! They all loved these.

and to my surprise, they were still crunchy and crisp, even after a few days – still delicious!

chocolate dipped sugared kale chips

kale
coconut sugar
chocolate  – melted

Wash and dry kale. Tear / cut leaves into small pieces, removing ribs and stems. Arrange in single layer on baking pan or dehydrator sheet. Sprinkle with coconut sugar.

Oven: bake at 250-275 for 45 – 60 minutes.

Dehydrator: 145 for 2-3 hours.

Once dried, brush with chocolate and allow to dry.

More recipes using kale:

miso sesame kale chips

plant based steak dinner

grapefruit kale chiffonade

raw taco Tuesday

lemon avocado massaged kale salad

tahini kale stuffed waffles

To see more kale creations, visit Heather for Meatless Monday A to Z!

Comments

haa! I’m actually surprised that everyone makes such different things each week – no overlaps or similar recipes – such a creative group we are!

Woah…..I have some kale chips that I dried over the weekend. OOOH…I may go and get myself some chocolate to go with ’em. I would NEVER have put them together myself, but really, why not? Kale is good, chocolate is good…
    Have a great week Kris.

I went to Veg Fest in Portland last month and that was the first place I tried chocolate covered kale. Crazy party in your mouth for sure. So now I can make it at home and it’s got a nice extra sugar hit, too. Thanks. : )

ooh, I didn’t get to attend Portland’s Veg Fest this year, I always love it so! these are so easy to make, enjoy!!

Whooaaaa. I would never have thought to put kale and chocolate in the same sentence. Awesome!

I have to ask you… do you always bake your kale chips at such a low temp for such a long time? or just this recipe with the chocolate?

and it is SO good! I was so happy with these, that they remained crispy with the chocolate, for days!

I don’t bake mine, I use my dehydrator. I give the oven instructions as an alternative, and the low temp and time is as close to using a dehydrator as I can get. I know it can be done faster at higher temps, I’ve not done that.

I know this isn’t everyone’s “cup of tea” – and have heard a few people saying so the last couple days – they were nicer about it though.