mushroom lentil burgers

Are you guys tired of my “I love fall” talk?

I know I’ve been talking about fall a lot, and how much I am looking forward to it…  I really have enjoyed this summer – summer in Portland is generally good and this year has been perfect. We still have very warm days (yesterday’s temperature was 90!), but I am loving the cool evenings that have that smoky scent in the air. Fall is coming.

But! We are still loving summer, still loving grilling. We have enjoyed several varieties of veggie and bean based burgers this summer – and here is another.

Lentils and mushrooms make a deliciously savory and juicy burger. I may have used extra garlic. and I think I used a bit more olive oil. I definitely used a flax egg. Which resulted in a perfect burger.

I made a cheese sauce to top the burgers, following that recipe but using Jack cheese. and we used gluten free buns from this local company. We liked them, we grilled them.

The recipe I followed, from Cooking Light –> mushroom lentil burgers.

We paired these burgers with some fresh pineapple and some crunch, in the form of Plentils

Yes, I made lentil burgers and the chips we ate with them? Made of lentils. It works, right?

Well yes – yes it does. These are our new favorite chip, for real. The ‘margherita pizza’ and the sea salt are my favorite flavors, but I loved all of them. Those sea salt chips? Five ingredients total. All the flavors? Free of gluten, dairy, and all of the common allergens (as the Enjoy Life brand always is).

Your favorite chip? Are you clinging to summer or welcoming fall?

Comments

• says

I highly recommend Heather’s eggplant lentil burger as well! I’m making another batch this weekend…LOVE them!

This one looks killer and I absolutely love Plentils! They are super crispy, tasty and not greasy, which are all I look for in a chip!

As for the season…bring on fall! I need to go to the pumpkin patch!

I need to try those eggplant burgers, for sure! I bet they are incredible. super crispy, tasty, not greasy – my kind of chip too! 😉

oh and we cannot WAIT for the pumpkin patch!

Ohhh those chips look AWESOME, I’ve never seen or heard of them before!! And um hi — this is another item you can surely make for me whenever you’d like to. Those burgers look DELISH!! I love lentils!!

I totally approve of eating lentil burgers with lentil chips- you simplified your meal and made it easier to digest that way right? 😉

I will never get tired of I love fall talk because I too am engaging in a ton of it!

3. Loanna Overcash says

Looking forward to fall! Not sure if it will ever get here. Everything looks delish – I’ve never tried lentil chips so I’ll have to check them out.

we have had a mild summer, pretty perfect I think… but if I lived in some of the areas where it’s 90 by 9 am? I’d be wondering if it’ll ever end also!

glad you can see where I’m coming from, Eileen! 😉 I have plenty of friends who think I’m crazy for wanting summer to end! :)

4. Elizabeth says

What is an “8-oz pouch of black beluga lentils from Archer Farms”? Is that a grocer? These are pre-cooked beans? I have never seen black lentils…I use brown, green and red.

hi Elizabeth! Archer Farms is a brand, I believe (maybe the one with Target stores?) but I didn’t use those either… I assumed the “8 ounce pack” was a precooked bean as well, so I cooked mine.

I think black (or beluga) taste most similar to the green lentil, if you cannot find black.

mmmmmm these burgers remind me of the chickpea burger I had last night. It was at a restaurant, but house-made with hummus, guacamole, salsa, & mozza. Meeercy!! I will have to check out these burgers & whip some up.

I’m with you on the welcome of fall. I didn’t feel that way last year, because summer just basically didn’t show up for us. But this year we had a hot summer & I took advantage of it. Now I’m totally ready to welcome fall & all of the comfort foods that comes with it 😀

oh, wow, the burger you had sounds great! same down here, we haven’t had a good summer for a couple years… we were due, and we definitely had a great one this time around! :)

Nothing wrong with eating lentils-with-lentils. Or with eating extra garlic. Mmm, extra garlic makes everything just right. Everything, except close personal encounters 😀