recipes with dates

I love dates.

This week is date week with Meatless Monday A-Z.

We are currently in Sonoma – we have actually been out of town on vacation since before last week’s caperberry cocktail party. Having no kitchen available all week, the only thing I’d be able to show you with dates is that photo above – my typical snack of peanut butter stuffed dates.

So this week’s #mmaz is a sweet roundup of sweets – date style.

triple berry layered cheesecake

grilled rosemary date bars

lavender goat cheese hand Pi

date filled butter cookie

tahini almond date bites

raw caramel apple cobbler

Last but certainly not in any way ever least, my raw apple cobbler. I make this all the time, and will update with recipe variations soon. Once you have made this a couple few times, you will find there are a few simple minutes and steps between you and a light, fresh and amazing dessert or snack.

Caramely, crunchy, cheerfully combined.

What are your favorite ways to use dates?

Better With Veggies

Comments

I always have them in the house… so versatile, yes, but as I was compiling these recipes I noticed I don’t have any savory date recipes… I need to get on that, obviously.

I usually just eat them plain, but I forgot about your tahini almond ball things. When I saw that recipe the first time, I was excited because I actually had all the ingredients already. Did I make them? No, as five seconds later I forgot. Thanks for the reminder!

aww, yay – that makes me so happy to know it is all my fault πŸ˜‰ sunbutter just isn’t the same, right? glad you are still enjoying them, though!

I freaking LOVE dates. My mom used to make a quick easy app just by stuffing them with peanut butter or cream cheese. so good! hehe! I need you to live here and make these for me. OR start your own online store. seriously.

yes, SO good, so easy. then wrap the cream cheese dates in bacon? yeah… I really should look into that store thing. it would be SO much fun…

oh man, I know I’ve seen you talk about this before. sticky toffee pudding are three words that absolutely go together. πŸ˜‰

3. Laurel says

Do you cater? I never seem to get past the nut butter stuffed dates. They are such an easy meal! Plus, nobody around here shares my food much. Reason enough to make the cheesecake though!

haa, yes, then you can enjoy the whole cake yourself? (love where my mind goes first…) oh, if you made the cake others would of course eat it, right? πŸ˜€

• Laurel says

Actually. The only ones they’ll eat involve fudge and caramelly pecans, aka from ForkandBeans contest. So if I make cake, it’s all mine, usually eaten frozen because I freeze slices to ration it and then eat it anyway, frozen. I’m a Very Naughty Girl one moreover who needs cashews and layered cake!

4. bitt says

the first picture is great. you managed to make a date look really juicy not all dried and bug-like as they sometimes do in pics.

Hey, nothing wrong with a simple date+butter! Simple is sometimes best. Although, yeah, simple has itself a challenge with all your other recipes–I’ll take one of each, please πŸ˜‰

most of these are simple too, Allie! make them when you can do fruit again… (LOVED your take on “date”) πŸ˜‰

I throw dates into my protein shakes mostly, but love them all alone! I need to coat those suckers in peanut butter asap! All of this looks so good! Oh and I want that cheesecake. I’ll be right over if you promise to make it! It would so be worth the plane ticket!

ahhhh, seeing you would be worth the plane ticket!!! < -- you know I mean it because I rarely use multiple exclamation... ;) I need to add dates to our smoothies more - done, tomorrow morning this is happening!

I started out buying them for recipes, and if I didn’t make that recipe right away, I’d have to buy more because I would eat too many! now I always have them on hand, for both πŸ˜€

Mmmm, I really would like to nom this apple cobbler soon… let me have a guess on the ingredients: granny smith apple, dates and nuts (probably walnuts) and apple sauce? Cannot wait for the actual recipe to come up πŸ˜‰