Cherry Mojito Milkshakes

Cherry Mojito Milkshakes

Cherry Mojito Milkshakes and A Shiny Chic Cocktail Party – a lightened up and creamy cool twist on the classic mojito – fresh flavor just in time for summer soiree season!

__________________________________________________________

Regular readers know I love to throw a party.

That we often have happy hour at home.

That I am distracted by shiny things.

When BACARDÍ sent me a big box filled with fabulous things for a shiny chic party, I was beyond excited. You should have seen me looking through the box – it was Christmas Morning When I Got A Baton excitement. Basil was there to give me the side eye. It was shiny and fun and filled with things from all of my favorite stores – zgallerie, West Elm, Williams Sonoma, Crate & Barrel. Squeal!

It really was like they were shopping just for me. Classic cloth napkins with sliver triple circle napkin rings:

A Shiny Chic Cocktail Party

Shiny sparkly tea light holders filled with black and white tea lights.

Cocktail-themed cocktail picks.

A brilliantly shiny bar tray with fun and funky snack bowls to match.

A Shiny Chic Cocktail Party

The day after that, I received another box on my doorstep. This one contained the rest of the party – the new line from BACARDÍ Classic Cocktails Light, in both Mojito and Piña Colada flavors.

Well, twist my arm, it’s time to have a party!

We were going to dinner with friends, so we had them over for cocktails and light snacks beforehand. We were going to our favorite restaurant with international – caribbean influences, so I was going for a tropical theme.

A Shiny Chic Cocktail Party

Candied hazelnuts and almonds, dried fruit, bright cocktail glasses for mojitos and piña coladas over ice. A bright shiny sparkly cocktail party was achieved.

Then there were milkshakes.

Dessert before dinner?

Cherry Mojito Milkshakes

cherry mojito milkshake

makes six small milkshakes

6 large scoops cherry vanilla ice cream
1 cup fresh cherries, pitted, plus extra for garnish
3 cups coconut milk
4-6 ounces BACARDÍ Classic Cocktails Light Mojito

Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth. Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and cherries.

Cherry Mojito Milkshakes

Cheers – who wants to come over for the next party?

Join the twitter chat this afternoon – the last one we had was a great time:

BACARDÍ Classic Cocktails Light is a new line of low calorie, ready to serve cocktails. At less than 95 calories for a 4-ounce serving, BACARDÍ Classic Cocktails Light is available in Pina Colada and Mojito flavors and is made with natural flavors, real juice and pure cane sugar. Whether enjoying a favorite cocktail after a long day or throwing a party, BACARDÍ Classic Cocktails deliver classic cocktail taste that’s a hit with friends, won’t add inches to your waistline and won’t take all day to prepare.

COMPENSATION WAS PROVIDED BY BACARDI VIA GLAM MEDIA.  THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE THOSE OF SPABETTIE AND ARE NOT INDICATIVE OF THE OPINIONS OR POSITIONS OF BACARDI.

Comments

I would LOVE to come to a party you host!

I have seen an ad for those new bacardi light drinks and I really want to go get a bottle! Your drink looks amazing, you are amazing at taking great photos! I wish I had your skills! I told you this many times 😉

thank you, Katie! I appreciate that, I am still learning and growing in my photography.

these new drinks are good – I was skeptical at first, but I really like them, especially the mojito – minty and refreshing!

one day… we WILL be at a party together! 😀

you could leave out the mojito for daytime, adding fresh mint instead! 😉 and then have a spiked one at 5 😉

2. Tommy says

Girl you’ve been having sparkling parties without us, and with mojitos?? Looks fab as usual, love all the shiny!

oh my gosh, can I come to your party? haha 😀

Like you, I’m totally attracted to shiny things. Such amazing gifts from Bacardi! Very generous of them. And those milkshakes…I would loooove a milkshake right meow!

right meow! do I look like a cat to you? 😉 I know, I was really happy with everything they sent, I will definitely use everything a lot.

I would LOVE to have you at a party!

4. Natasha says

Well – maybe I should book a flight and head on over! 😉 your recipes (as always) as incredible…I sent you an email – I hope everything is good? I’m headed to school soon (yikes, and yipeeeee!) – so this weekend we’ll be celebrating with a Mexican Night…any suggestions?
    How is Dad?

hello my dear! yeee, excited for you and school, as far as celebrations, how about homemade tamales?? they are REALLY easy and lots of fun. Jason and I make them together, all kinds of fillings and they are SO good! here’s what we do –> TAMALES.

Dad is okay, just finished his last chemo + rad, is slowly healing (back on feeding tube because he had no appetite, wasn’t feeling well) :( we are waiting for his ct scan appointment to see the results of all the treatments… and what is next.

sending big hugs to you – I miss you!

These.look.amazing. (as always) – I really need to buy some liquor. This house has surprisingly little, and brandy really doesn’t go well in a mojito. :)

this would be just as good without – maybe add some mint if you still want the minty mojito effect. :)

I absolutely love cherries and this glass full of milkshake not just looks beautiful and I can even feel the taste in my mouth. It is the best thing to start a weekend; Saturday morning breakfast with a cherry mojito milkshake. However, what if I replace coconut link with regular milk? Would it make a lot of difference? I am not a milkshake fan but when it comes to bananas and cherries, I can’t stop myself.

yessss… fantastic way to begin the weekend, I say! yes, regular milk will work just fine – get to it and enjoy! cheers!