cherry basil infused water

I try to drink a good amount of water each day, some days are better than others. Infusing water with natural flavors elevates it to a refreshing and pretty beverage.

On days I am home, I make a large pitcher and drink it all day. On days I am out of the house, I bring a large jar or bottle with me. My standard add ins are lemon or whatever citrus I have on hand, or mint. In the summertime especially, mint is cooling.

In class last month, one thing all us students looked forward to was the water of the day. Each day a new flavor was infused into our water pitchers, usually from fresh herbs.

One of my favorites from class was fresh basil – it brings great flavor to a glass of water!

Today I discovered that basil and cherries pair well together – the pitcher of water we are enjoying today includes chiffonaded basil and frozen cherries. Being frozen, the cherries cool the water while the basil flavors it.

Today’s motivation to drink water? A cherry snack at the end!

Cheers!

Comments

I drink a ridiculous amount of water and always have a huge water bottle with me. Seriously. I never go anywhere without it. And while I like it plain and boring, the salon that I used to go to would bring us glasses of water with slices of cucumber. It was so refreshing and crisp–very fancy!

I love that – my spas always had water too, and I liked changing the flavors. some of my regular clients and patients would anticipate the water – cucumber is a classic spa water!

I can’t imagine how basil tastes in water. I love water; I love basil… I don’t know if I’ll love them together! Cherries? Def. :)

you should try it – it’s one of my favorites! the cherries didn’t really flavor the water too much, the fact that they were frozen helped cool the water, then they were a good snack while drinking the water! 😉

YUM! what an awesome combo!! I LOVE to infuse water with fresh fruit and citrus, especially in the summer! so refreshing!!

the cherries turned the water red after a while… but it still mostly tasted like basil! the cherries were just good to eat while enjoying your water… 😉

when I am juicing in the morning, I’ll cut up an extra orange or some herbs, adding it to water so I have it all day! it’s becoming a delicious habit now. 😀 enjoy!

4. Nelson says

Ive never thought of using black cherries before for the ideas of infused waters! Its great stumbling across all of these new ideas and takes on water!

I did also find this how-to video that gave some more ideas! check it out!

I’m loving infused water this summer! cucumber is always a refreshing favorite, and I love mint as well – for the cooling factors. I had to get used to that one because mint reminds me of Christmastime! anyway, this combination sounds divine. I need a cherry tree!

Trackbacks