thoughts and things

We have been eating this for dinner a lot lately. Three times in two weeks? Easy to make large batches for us and for my dad and brother. Tastes so good, never gets old.

I love those baby corn thingies.

Sriracha lollipops. Yep, that’s right. and they are SO good.

This week’s pick from Way Too Much Portland is a good one. So Very Portland.

This ice cream cone:

Oh my. My favorite ice cream food cart Fifty Licks always has a couple vegan varieties. This week my flavor of choice was Passionfruit Szechuan Peppercorn. Hot dang.

These photos do restore faith in humanity. Rats, I have something in my eye

Some events just call for a patriotic beer. I swear The Champagne of Beers is also a headache cure.

Van Gogh’s Starry Night…  recreated with dominoes! Awesome. Then even more awesome when he knocks them down!

This photo looks like it is out of a 1950’s recipe book or magazine:

…but it was from class last month – one of my favorite desserts. The schedule was arranged by food type – one day was tofu, tempeh and seitan, another day was wraps and sandwiches (a favorite), and then there was dessert day. Yep, all day eating desserts. It was glorious. We made a pizza and salad so we weren’t actually just eating desserts all day. This (phone) photo was the chocolate pie from dessert day. I cannot wait to make this again.

It’s summertime. Which means it is time for s’mores. We had some at the wine country B&B. Then there is the s’mores shot in a chocolate glass. If you want to make these yourself, the shot glass moulds are on sale for less than $8 right now

Basil just wanted to say hello. and wag is tail for you. He is now waiting for his sister, since I told him as soon as class was over we could contact Oregon Dachshund Rescue…

Comments

I’m also obsessed with baby corn right now for some reason, whether it’s in big rice bowls with chickpeas and other veggies or salads. Maybe it’s the season.

And for the record, the shot of those s’mores shot glasses is still some of your best work. Absolutely gorgeous 😉

Hi Basil!!!

Oh my gosh so Rosemary might be coming, you might get another pup?! So excited! Keep me posted!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

How is dad-o?! Send him love and get wells!

Katie xoxo

the lollipops are so good. :) I know, I am so excited to finally start looking for Basil’s sister… I looked at Oregon Dachshund Rescue the other day – oh MY I just want them all!

how cute would that be! Basil is about to turn 9, so we want to adopt a little girl pup about 2 or 3 years of age… can’t wait! …and when Jax is a few years older, maybe… out of puppy stage!

that ice cream WAS killer – so SO good. fried rice never gets old, right? it’s one of those things I could eat often.

You are getting his sister?? Two cutie pie pups?! SO CUTE!! And those smores shots? look divine and I don’t even like shots!

Very interesting flavours! Sriracha lollipops and the ice cream!? I haven’t heard of such flavours for those treats before! I would definitely be interested in both of them!

so many amazing pictures!! You are so adventurous with your ice cream choices! I’m always a traditionalist – going for chocolate or vanilla. More Peppercorn for you!

thank you Amey! and yes, I can appreciate a good chocolate or vanilla – but love to try the outrageous too! :)

Baby corn! So cute and delicious! I love quick easy repeats in the summer time! Those lollipops…I need them! We now have 5 jars of hot sauce open in the fridge (obviously sriracha is one of them)…I opened up the fifth one tonight (Franks Red Hot) because I specifically wanted that one. I’m an addict!

haa – sounds like our fridge – many bottles of hot sauce. last time we were in Santa Fe I found an incredibly HOT sauce, it comes in this tiny bottle (looks like a 2 ounce medicine dropper). too hot for Jason even… it sits in our fridge, taunting us.

and Franks will always be one of my favorites…