wine country vacation

The day after class was completed, I took Jason to Oregon’s wine country for a birthday vacation. We stayed at a lovely B&B on 130 acres of gorgeousness.

We ate at great restaurants and sipped wine at great vineyards.

We came home with a car full of wine and a couple new club memberships.

We enjoy our wine.

We toured one winery I have been wanting to visit for a while, and we both thought it was some of the best wine we tasted on this whole trip.

I also finally met a long time blog friend – I will tell you all about all of it soon!

Jason has been wanting to get away to our wine country for months now, and things kept getting in the way. When planning his birthday, I thought this would be a great vacation away. He has been saying all week that it was exactly what he wanted.

Relaxation, sunshine and wine tasting – exactly what we both needed!

Comments

I was just telling Lindsay (COtter) that all us girls need to do that some day – we all meet up at a winery! SO fun, right??

One of my fav vacation activities is wine tasting – beautiful pictures! I’d love to hear what wineries you became a member of, love learning about new places. Our latest winery membership is with Etude in Sonoma, which we visited back in February.

ours too – we love visiting wineries, Jason ended up talking to the owner of one for a while (they are both engineers… πŸ˜‰ ), he took us on a tour of the whole facility. it was very cool to see and listen to the process. our new memberships are with Penner Ash and Vidon Vineyard (the one we talked with a while). Both make some amazing wine! The other winery in Oregon we are a member with is Noble Pig – we have been a member with them since the beginning a couple years ago – very good wine!

the rest of our memberships are from Napa + Yountville, from our trip last spring.

oh I know – one day we’ll have to have all us girls meet in wine country, right?? HOW FUN would that be! πŸ˜€

Wow this is so pretty!! What a great birthday idea! We went to a local winery for our 1 year (Dating) anniversary last year, and we loved it! I want to go to Napa Valley now on a vacation at some point :) Or Portland πŸ˜‰

we went to Napa last spring – I can’t wait to get back there too! Portland is great, and even a day trip to wine country is easy – 30-45 minutes away!

yes, we were in the McMinneville / Carlton / Newberg area. it was nice. I’ve never spent time at Hood river wineries… we overheard a couple people say Walla Walla has good wine country, too! I need to visit them all!

• says

Hood River wineries are amazing. Much cheaper too! Tastings about $5. I have some favorites there too. I haven’t been to the ones in Walla Walla but Yakima has some good ones too.

which are your favorites in HR? we may have to make our way up there… is it still a lot of Pinot or something else?

• says

My favorite is Quenett. We were in their club for awhile. Cathedral Ridge is good but busy. Marchesi is excellent! Pheasant Valley is pretty good. Naked Winery is fun but I don’t like their wines as much.

yes, and I know you can relate when I say now I really need to finish (start??) the kitchen remodel, because we have too much wine and nowhere to put it! πŸ˜€

thanks, Cara! we were unplugged except for the camera this vacation… πŸ˜‰ it was such a nice getaway – a very short car trip, but we feel like we’re on a real vacation. we talked about making this a monthly thing, even just a night or two.

LOVE this! Clearly πŸ˜‰ Which wine clubs?? did you go to Torii Mor? My friend LOVES their pinot noir there and it’s one of few pinots that I like! Love that we both just did this same thing!

I love it too – and um>>> we are going back this week! what?? πŸ˜€ our new wine clubs are Penner Ash and Vidon Vineyards – both fabulous. i had fun looking through all the photos of you all – I’ll be posting more soon :)

I know, crazy. We talked about making it a monthly or bi-monthly weekend thing (without buying multiple cases each time AHEM) because we had so much fun… one of our new clubs is having a summer member party, so we decided to go back! This is Jason’s Friday because of the holiday, so… πŸ˜€

I have heard of Tori Mor, probably even had it before, but never been… I’ll look them up!