veggie power stack

My new favorite lunch is a fusion of many favorites – fresh vegetables, grilling, and tasty food that is also vibrant and energizing. I call it my lunchtime power stack, or veggie stack.

This stack started with a base of steamed* cauliflower. Next up, a mashed sweet potato. Top that with a slice of grilled pineapple, a few grilled onion rings, and lightly steamed* asparagus. A generous sprinkling of sesame adds more great flavor.

*I have also grilled all ingredients using a grill basket.

This works warm with freshly steamed and grilled components. Cold or room temperature is also good, especially on a warm Saturday while sitting in the sun with a dachshund.

Basil would like to make it known he is not picky – warm or cool, he will take his power stack either way.

Sweet and savory, fun and filling, I have been stacking my lunches all week. I am excited to share other versions of the stack – even more colorful!

Comments

Wow. You’ve outdone yourself. This is such a simple idea but one I’d NEVER think of on my own, for real. It looks SO YUMMY and refreshing and light and perfect for the summer. I’m totally making this (I really love the grilled pineapple part most of all!!)

I would love to find these in a restaurant here, too… and the chances of that are probably greater out this way, hint hint πŸ˜‰

(I love Heather’s comment – so funny, but so true! amazing concoction!). Wow, this is definitely one of your most creative and perfect for summer eating meals!!

If Spongebob lived in a veggie pineapple on the land. This is such a brilliant combo, and it makes cauliflower look good. Nice work!

you know I love the bright and vibrant food too… and recently I can’t stop stacking it! πŸ˜‰

aw, thanks Linds. I wish you were my neighbor… I’d have you over for lunch like this all the time! XO

4. Tommy says

well Slap Your Mama! this is epic! I wish I could borrow your imaginations for ONE day. Love this.

…and don’t slap anyone, especial your Mama. πŸ˜‰

ha! I won’t slap my Mama, it was her birthday that day! πŸ˜‰ but I appreciate the connotation, and yes, these are that good! πŸ˜€

thanks, Rachel – these are fun (I love stacking food…) and I can’t stop making them! lunch every day this week. πŸ˜‰

5. nik says

I feel healthier (and more powerful!) just looking at it…it’s a Superhero-worthy Stack! Many thanks. :)

I LOVE THIS VEGGIE TOWER! The colors! The layers! The asparagus peeking out of the onion ring like noble folks who stand on the tower of their castle, looking around their lands and saying, “ah, isn’t it nice here?” πŸ˜€

this is fantastic! so many ideas popped into my head about what I could layer. I want to incorporate avocado – no surprise there! and I hope you are using your sriracha spray on these delicious stacks!

Almost too pretty to eat. Almost. Looks absolutely fabulous and the fusion of flavors makes it a winner…and let me guess, you sprayed it with your sriracha bottle!

9. Tommy says

well mine is not anything to look at, LOL, but it sure tastes good! can’t wait to see more power stacks!

why, thank you my dear! :) and I already beat ya to it… I shared the cherries we just picked tonight, from our yard! no recipe with them yet, hopefully soon! XO