Piña Colada breakfast smoothie

Last week I discovered you all like Piña Coladas. Several people have already made the Lightened Up Piña Colada, and I am happy to report that “lightened up” did not mean missing anything. So far so good – people are liking this light version.

Since we really shouldn’t begin the day saying “it’s five o clock somewhere”, I have a solution for the early cravings of those creamy cool and sweet tropical flavors. Unless you’re on vacation. Then go for the real thing.

Piña Colada breakfast smoothie

dairy, soy and gluten free, vegan, no added sugar

serves two

11.2 ounces coconut water (small container)
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
handful ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender, serve with pineapple garnish and enjoy!

As you can see, I really do have a fresh pineapple around at all times in the summer. I’ve been having these each morning since Sunday. Today’s has spinach as well – yum!

Mmm, creamsicle! I was just making Jason his smoothie, and I have a grape powder and that I said I’d make a “Grapesicle” flavor tomorrow… 😀

haa, Heather I know EXACTLY what you mean. and I could sit here and eat a whole pineapple. then a pint of raspberries. I love summer.

we have nice days, and right now it’s cold and sometimes rainy. it always does this the first two weeks of June – it is our big annual Rose Festival, and it almost always rains for much of the events… as soon as it is over summer will return! :) and yes, these were enjoyed outside! 😀

Pina Colada for breakfast? I’m IN!
    I really need to start having fresh pineapple around at all times. I suppose I could just buy one and cut it up, and use it for several recipes, like you have! I don’t know why that idea seems so daunting… I’m sure it’s not hard to cut a pineapple.
    What’s your favorite protein powder? Are you a SunWarrior gal?

I have a … thing for protein powders, a need to try them all. but I always return to the classic Sunwarrior – I don’t like the new one as much. the vanilla sunwarrior is what I used here, and what I use most often.

and that’s what I do with pineapple – it really isn’t too hard to cut up. It lasts a few days in the fridge, if you don’t eat it all before then! 😉

fresh pineapple and coconut water – sound like staples to me! :) once you stock up on the coconut milk I hope you make this!

you know, I have used these glasses only one other time here, and I think you said you liked them then too! 😉