holiday weekend in photos

We take Basil on outings as often as we can. This weekend, he joined us at Home Depot:

and Lowe’s!

He stayed home for the after hours rock show at the bookstore, though…

He doesn’t like loud noise.

We enjoyed grilled sushi dogs,

and I had worked a little bit (cookbook recipe testing for Allyson):

and I made several batches of these

Have a great week!

Comments

πŸ˜€ have to showcase Basil every now and then, right? hope you had a great weekend too, are you settling in to married life now?

• says

Wedding life has been amazing! I honestly thought it wouldn’t change any since we’ve lived together for about 4 1/2 years but it has! I’m loving it :)

Thanks for guest posting for me while I was away! That recipe looks amazing, perfect for summer!

thank you… we like to take him with us (he has separation anxiety), but it’s also fun because EVERYONE loves him and wants to talk to and pet him… such a cutie. hope you had a great weekend too, Caralyn!

I love it! The pics of Basil are SO CUTE!!

BTW been meaning to tell you — I was going to make those caprese skewers I saw on your blog once before this weekend at the big bday bash for Scott. Wouldn’t you know, by the time we got around to the second half of the party (cocktail party at night), I FORGOT to make them!! I have ALL the ingredients and never made them. Total FAIL huh??

Awww, Basil! Funny you posted this because someone was just telling me this past week that you can take dogs into Home Depot–I never knew that! I would love to take Linx while I troll for hot men but he doesnt like the noise. Oh well!

you should take him – bring his favorite blankie or pillow and set him up in the cart. Basil doesn’t mind that, if we remain close! πŸ˜€

it is a good one, for sure! we have just started the testing process on this one, so I haven’t even seen all the recipes yet, but what I have already made? AMAZING! πŸ˜€

Aww, I could *so much* have a holiday like that with you right now! I am quite down with my nerves – the corrections on my thesis kind of break my neck. I have to edit *everything* (and cut out 3o pages). Today I worked on the results part, and from the notes my supervisor made I infered I’d have to analyze the whole stuff again, and then re-write the whole section. I wrote an email to him telling him that I didn’t know what to do, and that I was completely wasted, and I got a quite vicious email back (in a nutshell: that I didn’t value the effort he has put into it, that I’m a moron to annoy him with such stuff, and that I should just shut up and leave him alone – a 100 lines of verbal venom). Gah. But at least I could take some valuable information from it. So, I don’t need to redo everything, just discuss some critical things in the discussion part. I can’t wait until this whole thing is done and submitted!

Sorry for the rant! I just need a hug today, and nobody was there to give me one. :( But I composed a little music piece on the piano (it’s not finished yet) – I’m going to start taking lessons in songwriting and composition, and that makes me very happy and excited! πŸ˜€ And I’ve signed up for the first of my final exams, so things finally get going again. :)

you can rant ANY TIME, Kath… and I so wish I was there to give you that hug! :( sorry things are stressful for you right now, but I know you put so much into this and things WILL be fine. just remember to breathe and take time for you… spending time with Fred and Henry! :)

sending you best of luck with everything coming up for you – I hope (and I know!) it will all go smooth. XXO