thoughts and things

in Basil is a Young Sportsman, thoughts and things

(Sorry, I just wanted to show that photo again. I love the frosting on the front one).

First off, look at this gorgeous corn! Second, I want a “corn teacher”. Seriously, look at the corn. It’s like nothing you’ve seen before.

I updated my mailing address with Larabar just in time. Sweet and salty? Well absolutely! Bananas Foster!? That’s just sweet and salty perfected. Complete with banana slices. Thank you, Larabar, you remain my favorite, and not because you send surprises in the mail.

From “Way Too Much Portland”. I’d say it’s a perfect amount.

Dear Businesses, when I ask to be unsubscribed to your emails, it is only after these emails have long since become irrelevant to me. “Processing” that request instead of unsubscribing immediately will not make me change my mind. Ignoring it completely? Now you’re just annoying me.

In other news? My inbox is much sleeker these days. Spring cleaning, if you will.

In other other news? these 33 animals, and how disappointed they are in you.

Thank you to those who continue to ask after my dad. We are waiting to hear the results from his CT scan, the two choices are more chemo + starting radiation, or having surgery. He is feeling okay right now, and the jokes are back. This makes me happy.

So do all of you.

Speaking of those cupcakes… I’m out. Already thinking of the next flavor.

picasion

Last but one of the most important – my spabettie salt scrub is one of the items up for bid in my friend Richa’s Fundraiser for VSPCA. The Visakha Society for Protection and Care of Animals work to provide care and shelter for animals in many ways, as well as provide vegan meals to people in need.

Head over to Richa’s and support a worthy cause?

Happy Thursday – any Thoughts and Things to share?

1 Tommy May 17, 2012 at 2:22 pm

girl there you are teasing us with those cakes again. the disappointed animals?? A LOL RIOT!!

2 spabettie May 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm

haa, so glad you liked them, T. I may have thought of you when I first saw it. did you see the link to the VSPCA? those cookbooks you wanted are on there… XO

3 Tommy May 17, 2012 at 2:24 pm

hush now, girl, you’re interuptin my fundraisin!

4 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 8:04 pm
5 Tommy May 17, 2012 at 2:26 pm

And in the words of our FAVE betty, “yeeeee” !

6 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 8:04 pm

yeeee! xxo

7 jobo May 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Glad to hear an update about your dad. GLAD he is joking! that is a good sign, humor, right? ((hug)) praying for good news! (and um, sweet and salty larabar? YUM!)

8 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 8:04 pm

thank you for continued prayers, Jolene! it means a great deal to me, and to my dad. (I used to sit next to him in his hospital room, showing him all the supportive love!). :D

9 Julie Hasson May 17, 2012 at 2:59 pm

So glad your dad is starting to joke again. That’s a good sign!
Your cupcakes look delicious. What brand of gluten-free cake mix do you like?

10 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:59 pm

thank you, Julie – it is such a great thing, I am so thankful Dad has remained positive and happy throughout all of this.

about the cake mix… I honestly had not used one in years before this one! The one I used for these I bought at Food Fight, but have not seen it the last couple times I went. I liked it. As far as favorite brands, I can’t vouch for the actual cake mix, but I really like Jules Gluten Free products, and they just developed a cake mix, so I am going to try theirs. I haven’t tried any of the major brands in the grocery store… although I recently heard that Duncan Heinz regular cake mix might be vegan? I don’t know if they make a gf line…

11 Heather (Where's the Beach) May 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Girl I am glad you posted the cupcake pics again. I could look at those all day. YUM. Glad to hear your dad is in good spirits. I really hope that the results are as good as they can be.

12 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I could look at them all day too… which is good because this method is kinda fun, and I can’t wait to try other flavors… :D

13 recipeland May 17, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Love the photo, the cupcakes look so pretty and I’m sure they taste as pretty as they look :)

14 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:53 pm

thank you – they really did!

15 katie May 17, 2012 at 6:01 pm

LOVE that your dad is joking again, that makes me happy too! It is important for him to be in good spirits <3

Oh that cupcake pic was definitely worth showing again for sure ;)

Lots of love! <3

16 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:51 pm

lots of love to you too, Katie! I hope you are having a blast in NYC.

17 lindsay May 17, 2012 at 6:11 pm

i love the new uber bars too!! so good. ANd i miss portland. Hoping to come visit you soon. K?

18 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:48 pm

oh, yes Yes YES, please! I would love to see you here – longer this time! XO

19 Richa@HobbyandMore May 17, 2012 at 7:18 pm

those animals are super cute. great to hear that your dad is joking again. Sending you all lots of good wishes.
Thanks for mentioning the fundraiser.. we are steadily getting bids.. just 5 more days left.

20 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:47 pm

thank you for the continued good wishes, Richa. he is scheduled to begin radiation soon, so we definitely still need them! hope the fundraiser is doing good! XO

21 Susmitha - Veganosaurus May 17, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Love this totally random post!! :)

And that cupcake does look amazing! The claymation at the end is just cruel. Not something someone who’s craving it wants to see. :op

22 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I know, sorry about that. kinda ;)

23 Brooke (Crackers on the Couch) May 17, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Sweet baby meerkats! I’m so sorry I disappointed you. I’ll do better next time. Also, that corn? Frikkin’ A! Also, apparently the spell check in Firefox has never heard of “meerkats” because it gave me “beermats” as an alternative. I don’t know what beermats are, but now I seriously want some. Also, cupcakes? YES!

24 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:30 pm

BEERMATS! haa, I love the spell check responses sometimes. glad you liked the animals – so cute, so disappointed. ;)

25 Janetha May 18, 2012 at 2:57 pm

i forgot everything i was gonna say because that cupcake GIF blew me away!

26 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:23 pm

those cupcakes have a way of doing that.

27 Nichole May 20, 2012 at 11:40 am

Don’t you go teasing me with cupcakes, or animated GIF cupcakes. Not fair!

And Way to Much Portland, amazeballs!

28 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I know, I know. I never claimed to play fair.

isn’t WTMP hilarious?? better for those who have been here, you understand… :D

29 sippitysup May 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

Now that’s a mini van I could with a future. GREG

30 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers May 21, 2012 at 11:49 am

Oooo, can’t wait to try the cherry cobbler bar. Though not nearly as cute as cupcakes, Larabars are absolutely delish!

31 spabettie May 21, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I love Larabars too… and these new ones, YUM!

32 Kath (My Funny Little Life) May 22, 2012 at 3:22 am

I want to try a Lärabar! :D (But not banana flavor, there must be something like cherry or so.)

33 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning May 22, 2012 at 7:18 am

I’m working my way through the Larabar Uber flavors. So far I’ve had the roasted nut and the cherry cobbler ones. The nut was okay, and the cherry was AWESOME. I’m hoarding the bananas foster for last, because it sounds the best to me.

34 dorry May 22, 2012 at 8:16 am

you lucky duck! or just more organized than me ;) – I updated my address with Larabar once we found our place and had a mailing address, so there’s a box from Larabar sitting at my mom’s house in Dallas! lucky for her, I suppose. :)