chocolate peanut butter coffee pops

Summer may not officially be here, but the temperatures in Portland are good enough for me – we have been enjoying consecutive days of perfect 75-85 degree sunshine.

Wanting both a brisk bite and a caffeine charge, these creamy cool pops satisfy both! Jason has been out of town all week, and I already made a second batch last night. I told him he better hurry home if he wants one.

The recipe amounts filled 6 of my (favorite!) popsicle molds – adjust amounts according to your own.

chocolate peanut butter coffee pops

gluten, dairy and soy free, vegan

makes 6 standard size popsicles

4 shots espresso
~3 cups water (add enough water for 3 cups total with espresso)
1-2 droppers Cocoa Bean Extract (or sweetener of choice)
2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter*

In blender, combine espresso shots with enough water to make 3 cups total liquid (adjust to number/size of popsicles made). Blend on high, adding sweetener, peanut butter powder and (optional) peanut butter as you blend. Pour into popsicle molds, place in freezer several hours or overnight.

*Omit for a low fat option.

Pour remaining over ice, for a chocolate peanut butter iced coffee…

picasion

Is it acting like summer where you are? What is your favorite popsicle flavor?

Comments

VERY fun. as it is, I’ve just been buzzing on them all week, all by myself! 😉 I love the cocoa bean!

These look delicious! I make an espresso-peanut butter-cacao-banana smoothie a couple of times a week, but never thought to freeze the mixture as pops! I may have to give this a try over the weekend.

DO IT. 😉 actually, if you do have to buy some pop molds, look for the Tovolo brand, like these are… I have no affiliation with them, they are my favorite kind… great quality and fun looking too. Cheers!

Yum! Great pops!
    Love the “movie” :-). Spabettie studios inc :-)
    By the way, if I omit peanut butter and use Nutella instead, will it still count as low fat? ;-).

haaa, no. 😉 but just as delicious. Spabettie Studios, I love it! I have had 3 paying photography gigs recently, perhaps I should have a separate dba? 😀

I am buying TONS of popsicle holders (yeah, like a girl needs more than one style) and I cannot wait to start making popsicles!! Maybe I will start off with this creation. But more importantly, LOVE that last pic friend :)

but you DO need several styles! 😉 I just bought 3 kinds of the same set… I would totally do it differently next time 😉 and when you make these, DO make sure to make enough for an iced coffee… something to keep you occupied while you wait for these to set up. 😉

yes, if you make these, you MUST make enough for a leftover iced coffee. also? I had to make another batch. they didn’t last until he got home… 😉

thank you, Purabi! they are free of all those things, but FULL of flavor! (okay, cheesy time over…) 😉

Wish I could do caffeine because I’d whip these up asap! Love the flavor combos though and may have to try it with some decaffeinated coffee!

thanks Carolyn! it definitely adds a nice boost – I made another batch of these this weekend, even though our temperatures have cooled. It only took a week for me to look forward to the afternoon caffeine pop!

FAbulous!! I can’t even begin to say how much I would love these beauties!! Your weather has been better than ours here in San Diego… I’m ready for summer!

I made another batch this weekend, Kim! the temps have cooled, but I still like these for the wake up! 😀

I just read your ingredients, just wondering if you thought about doing the same thing as your popsicles routine but filling an ice tray up with it not popsicles but cubed styles so they are like reesees cup style? that would have been my crazy idea so it would be bite sized.

if you want you can try it out and see how it works out then if it does work you can have that idea to put with the rest of your recipe’s. later

Trackbacks