thoughts and things

…on a Tuesday. For alliteration.

The weekend in Portland could not have been more perfect – sunny, clear and warm – Saturday and Sunday were in the mid 70’s, and yesterday was in the 80’s! I wore my pink shoes for the first time this season. I need a pedicure…

green tea wasabi peanuts. A favorite snack I have been revisiting lately. Between these and Sriracha Peas, I’ve got the corner on Spicy Snackage.

Please tell me what your Pro Wrestling Name is… I am Bulldog Juggernaut.

One of the first things I chewed after my dental surgery – vegan mac and cheese with herby homemade hummus. So SO very good.

The link to the hummus? includes a sweet story from my childhood…

A very dear friend recently sent me a thoughtful and awesome care package, just because. She has been an incredible support and source of strength for me this year – uplifting and always saying the exact right thing – that’s Natasha – such a dear! One of the treasures in this gift? A bottle of health, in the form of chlorophyll! I have been adding this to our juices and smoothies, and as pictured here, to a glass of water for a minty refreshment:

Good stuff, that is.

I am One Lucky Duck lately, I received another wonderful care package from another friend and favorite Whiskey Drinkin’ Chimney Sweep, Jillian. Look!

This is a dishsoap apron! She is so crafty, right? She also made me an adorable vinyl coin purse, it was a perfect accessory on our recent trip! LOVE the rabbit zipper pull…

I am so very thankful to my generous friends – they really know how to bring the sunshine.

Last but certainly not least, the four winners of the NuNaturals giveaway have been (randomly) selected and announced

Happy Tuesday – what’s new with you?

Comments

I love those shoes! So pretty and SO you! Well they are SO me too 😉 haha!

How nice to get sweet gifts and that mint chlorophyll drink looks pretty awesome!

Happy Tuesday!!!

AW! I love that your friends sent you care packages — what a thoughtful and LOVING idea! I totally ought to do more of that for my own friends — even just a simple card, mailed out via snail mail even. Imagine – such a simple thing, but it’s those simple things that can hold such meaning, right?

I know, I love the idea too – I love to send cards, especially unexpected. it’s so rare these days, and I know how much I love to receive mail, so it’s only good, right?

3. Laura P says

Care packages are the best!! So glad you are the recipient!! I know you are enjoying them!
    My Pro Wrestling Name is Evil Champ!!! Not as cool as yours!

Heck yeah, I’m Jack Python!!! Makes me feel strong! Love those shoes! It was so chilly here yesterday. I wore my sandals thinking it would be warmer. I realized I needed a pedicure too…

Time to start working on the toes! Have a great day my friend! You are definitely loved!

Jack Python, you RULE!! that is the most awesome.

heh, yeah, the first time wearing open toed shoes… *sigh* I hope to have time to give myself one, or go get one, soon!

5. bitt says

haha i want a dishsoap apron too. :-) i love care packages. i’ve gotten a few lately and they sure brighten my day.

happy to hear you are getting care packages – seriously, you MUST be getting all kinds of communication from people missing you! 😀

hee, Grizzly Geek, that one is a sneak attack and you know it! 😉 Velvet Jane sounds like you’re on a roller derby team…

oh, I love you too, Legendary Gremlin!

…the mac was GOOD… I seem to be adding hummus to EVERYTHING lately. I am happy about this.

My wrestling name is Fusion Magnum. hehe

Love those shoes!!! I’ve always been a huge fan of wedges (not too skilled in the heels department) so I’m really excited to see lots and lots of styles in stores this season! Too bad I don’t have the funds to buy them all up :/

your wrestling name is AWESOME.

I like the wedges too, because although I love high heels, I like a big chunky heel rather than a stiletto, my skinny ankles might snap in those! 😉

7. Natasha says

I’m famous!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉 You make my day in many ways Miss K!!!!!!!!!!!!! there will be more to come…promise.
    Oh – my name – there is a male and female version…check it out in the small text below the box where you type in your name…”Sultry Angel” – c’est moi!!!! heeeeheeeheee!!!!!!!

it is so good to hear from you, my dear. I know you are busy, as I am… I do miss our more regular chats though. I hope you are at this very moment SMILING and HAPPY and CALM and SERENE.

you make MY day so very often!

8. Natasha says

Rob’s name is ‘Cardiac Bomber” and for his Diva Wrestiling name – he’s gonna kill me for this “Wicked Peaches” Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

9. Natasha says

Forgot – new with me…hmmmnnnn – Shellac’in me pinkies tomorrow…and on the job hunt still….What is your fave shellac colour ?? As a spa guru and obviously rocker of wicked shoes…would you give us your thoughts on some for Spring/Summer?….

haa – spa guru likes light pinks and corals in the summertime! :) although right now, I am wearing a Tiffany blue color… 😉

Love those shoes but I would fall off them directly on my butt! (Also love wasabi anything but have not tried sriracha peas—must find some!)

I think I have seen the sriracha peas in some grocery stores… look in the Asian section? if you have an Asian grocery in your area they SHOULD have them there! they are so good!

I broke my ankle once, and it took a bit to get used to tall shoes again after wearing one flat and one walking cast… but I normally wear them enough that I am used to them, I can run in them!

haa – what a fabulous coincidence that is, I love it! (I wonder what your daughter’s name would be…?) 😀

11. Hannah-lyz says

Lol! I’d love to have some Chlorophyl! I tried telling my boyfriend about it, and he gave me the strangest of looks… He thought I was talking about Chlorophorm! The drink with a knock-out flavour 😉
    My wrestling name is Samurai Ninja! I like it =D