carrot juice waffles

I am always honored when asked to write a guest post on another website. When Cara asked me, I was beside myself giddy, as she has not only become a good friend, I look up to her as an extremely talented and creative blogger. We met while participating in last year’s Vegan MoFo, and our friendship has grown over long emails and chats, our mutual love of cooking, and Wheel of Fortune.

One of my many favorite aspects of Cara’s website is her “People You Should Know” series. On Fridays, she features her favorites from around the web, and I am happy to be among them. A favorite aspect because the talents are varied and vast – and the people are all just like Cara – quality personalities who are lots of fun.

I created a recipe especially for Cara, and I used fresh juice…

I know, I know, I keep meaning to talk about my new juicer. Soon, I promise. It’s not even new anymore. I love it so.

Cara loves her waffles, so creating a new waffle recipe was what I kept coming back to. I make a recipe several times before posting it, so we were enjoying waffles many ways for a while – sweet, savory, as a sandwich… all of them good!

Please go visit my dear friend Cara, and see what I made for her.

Happy Friday everyone!

Comments

nothing happened to the old girl, I still drag her out for juicing beets every now and then. I wanted an upgrade to a juicer that would effectively juice greens, including wheat-grass (effective meaning… it actually makes juice out of greens!). 😉 I have a post half written… I need to finish it. HAPPY FRIDAY Heather – hope you guys have a great weekend and I hope Jason is tip top shape soon! XO

I am so, so happy that you introduced me to Fork and Beans/Cara as reading her “About” page and food philosophy has led me to believe that I should stalk her in a completely non-creepy way. Love it!

Oh my gosh these are beautiful! I made a sweet bread with carrot juice that we really liked. I bet we would love these! I’m definitely heading over to check Cara’s blog out! Thank you for sharing her feature!

I hope you have a great weekend! Something tells me it will be busy for you, but really good! xoxo

I made a carrot bread once, too… I think I only used the pulp, though, can’t recall… you will love Cara – she is so fun and creative! and YEESSSS… we have a busy weekend and it is supposed to be SEVENTY degrees, yay! first thing in the morning I am helping my brother move (I know, the irony…) and then we go change the locks on our place!

now this is an interesting breakfast, I’m trying to change the breakfast that I always eat (oatmeal or cereal) since it has become pretty boring, these waffles seem like a pretty good begining!

I bet you could!? SO many parents have told me their kids love my spinach pancakes (bright green), so… I figure these may be the same?

thanks Lindsay – I’ve had several positive reviews already, from people who have made them.

4. Bryanna says

when i made these they stick to the waffle maker all over, do you know why? they tasted great though.