Spring Recipe Roundup

in appetizers, baking, recipes

orange cardamom rice crispies

The beautiful sunny day in Portland prompted this post. That, and the increased number of searches for this green wonder from my childhood:

lime jello salad

Yes, it seems that wonder from our childhood is also an Easter staple – people have come to spabettie from that search a lot this week, yesterday and today especially.

spinach blini with pimiento spread

I have something fun going on for our menu tomorrow, which I will share in time. For now, I started thinking of things I would like to make if we were having a family gathering or a group of friends over.

apricot bars

The sunshine is making me antsy for the summer months, the lighter foods we enjoy, dining outside, cooking with produce picked fresh from the garden, grilling:

lemon basil fish tacos with jalapeno raita

During my wisdom tooth recovery this week, I also brought out the ice cream maker for the first time this year. It definitely gets used a lot around here when the temperatures rise, and I could not end this without sharing one of our favorites:

strawberry balsamic ice cream

For those celebrating this weekend, have a wonderful Easter. For all of you, a fantastic weekend!

1 Abby April 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I just have to say that the composition of the tacos and how the corn is so artfully arranged on such a “popping” blue plate is just gorgeous. Awesome pics.

I hope you enjoy your holiday!

2 spabettie April 7, 2012 at 4:40 pm

thank you Abby! and I wish you an enjoyable holiday too!

3 hännah @ dishesanddishes April 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Oh, you really just made me want fish tacos. Today is the first day in weeks I’ve been able to enjoy sitting on my balcony in the sun. Let’s hope we’re done with all the Portland rain nonsense. :)

4 spabettie April 7, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I know, isn’t it just beautiful today?? I hope it stays – Jason thinks we’re in for a warm summer, we are definitely due! :)

5 Averie @ Averie Cooks April 7, 2012 at 2:58 pm

The orange cardamom krispies…mmm, I need. And those apricot bars. Thanks for the reminders.

And the fish tacos…those corn chunks. YUM

Good luck with the wisdom teeth recovery. I had mine in h.s. and it was a nightmare. I hope yours is going smoother than mine did. 15 years later almost, I still shudder at the memories!

6 spabettie April 7, 2012 at 4:20 pm

those orange cardamom lovelies are one of my favorite things – SO fresh and light, yet still delectably gooey good, you know? yeah, you know ;)

I’m still scared to eat anything too … normal. I did have pancakes this morning, but those are pretty soft, and I chewed with the front of my mouth (positive I looked awesome doing that!) ;) doing okay pain wise, now – off the heavy drugs and just taking ibu now. I can function mentally again! :D

happy Easter to you all, Averie! hope it’s a fun day!

7 Lisa B April 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Happy Easter to you!
Beautiful, beautiful food :-)

8 spabettie April 7, 2012 at 4:45 pm

thank you, Lisa B! Happy Easter to you all too! XO

9 Heather (Where's the Beach) April 7, 2012 at 6:47 pm

MMM strawberries. I need to pick some up. The apricot bars look amazing. I never think about apricots, but I do like them. Hope you’re having a great weekend my dear.

10 Lou April 7, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Happy Easter! LOVE the sound of those apricot bars… tempeh? Really!? Can you taste it? Totally want to try this out… intrigued for sure :)

11 jobo April 8, 2012 at 1:55 pm

APRICOTS! I haven’t had those in awhile. These look scrumptious!! I love this roundup, so springy :)

12 Kimm April 8, 2012 at 8:37 pm

we have springtemps already, these all look wonderous!

13 Kath (My Funny Little Life) April 9, 2012 at 2:16 am

Beautiful, Kris! And I love all the spring colors – green, yellow, orange, and o course strawberry-red! :D

Happy Easter to you and your loved ones!

14 Nichole April 9, 2012 at 3:47 am

This is gorgeous! I am definitely going to have to snap, crackle and pop those rice krispies in my mouth.