¿Por Que No? and WHEEL

Yeah, it was no big deal, I was standing like, three feet from Pat and Vanna. It’s cool.

Wait, whaaaaaaat?? VIP tickets to see several episodes taping? Yes, please!

I kinda like this show.

We had so much fun – the VIP tickets meant we got to skip all the lines (there were probably 8-10,000 people there?) and get right to the front – we were in the third row! The first row is reserved for family of contestants, and some local celebrities.

It was really cool to watch the behind the scenes of this show – it’s a big event. When they go on location, there are huge sets built with the city’s landmarks. In this case, Wheel In Portland’s set boasted a large replica of our beautiful St Johns Bridge, a downtown theater, the Made in Oregon sign, real trees to accompany the trees, greens and blues in the photo backgrounds. Then of course there is the Wheel itself, and Vanna’s letters, a car parked offstage, and bright lights!

We captured one photo of me on set – we found out about the No Camera Rule a little while later…

There will be at least a couple weeks worth of shows (they were here for several days, and each ticket was to view three shows), and they air in early May. Watch for me in the audience!

Another highlight of our weekend was lunch at one of our favorites – ¿Por Que No? – a tasty taqueria in the Boise-Eliot area on North Mississippi.

Jason ordered a beautiful sangria and I had a house margarita. I chose one of the daily specials, the Spring Veggie Taco, which was fresh and flavorful and included grilled asparagus. I also ordered one of my standards, the veggie tamale:

¿Por Que No? was delicious as always. As we were sitting there, the sun came out – I look forward to spring and summer visits where we can sit outside!

Our Wheel Weekend was an awesome one – two tryouts, now actual audience members? I am getting closer to spinning that Wheel myself!

What is your favorite game show? Would you ever want to be a contestant?

¿Por Qué No? on Urbanspoon

That is SO FUN! A friend of mine was at a taping once because her (now ex) boyfriend got on the show! How cool! That would be so fun. I’d probably blank on every word though, stage fright or something 😉

What FUN!!!! I will look for you :) My kids try to guess the final Jeopardy answer with when only the topic is given, not the question. my boys have each gotten one right…LOL.

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! But you already knew that, you lucky girl. I will be glued to the tv come May, scanning every audience member I see to find you…

I so wish you could have gone with me – we would have had SO much fun!! (or we’d have been kicked out for talking too much, yelling out the answers!) 😉

That is so fun!! I’d love to see a taping of a show like that. Or a show like Oprah – preferably around the holidays when she tapes her “favorite things” episode, hehe

I would LOVE to be on that Favorite Things show. crazy. My mom and I just started talking about attending a taping of one of those shows – like Ellen or something! :)

You got to be on the WoF set???!! Can I include enough punctuation to express my jealousy/excitement for you???!!!!!! Clearly not. I’d only be more jealous if you got to be on the Jeopardy set :)

I would never want to be a contestant, though–’cause I know I’d be one of those people who gets up there and freezes, and looks like an idiot in the process. I’ll couch-watch for now. Or, rather, table-in-Starbucks-where-I-can-use-free-wi-fi-because-I-have-no-TV-or-Internet-yet watch.

weeee! it was TOO fun. and as much as I want to be on Wheel (and will continue auditioning!), I have a feeling I’d freeze too, or keep landing on lose a turn, bankrupt, etcetera… make sure you watch in early May – perhaps I’ll be in the audience shots! 😀

That looks like fun!
    I don’t have a favorite game show, but I did go to the Price is Right when I was 18. My uncle took me because my cousins weren’t old enough yet. It was fun—I was glad I did NOT get called up onto stage (I was way too shy for that). But the girl next to me got called up, so I definitely was on TV a few times! It seemed like a big deal at the time :-)

during the commercials, Pat walked around the audience and talked to people – he brought two little girls up on stage with him, they were probably ages 3 and 6? my mom looked at me and said “no way would you have gone up there at that age” I was painfully shy when I was little! I wonder what happened, ha! 😉

We used to watch Wheel Of Fortune with the boys when they were little. They loved that show. Sounds like such a fun time!

I hope you’re doing well today. I’ve been thinking about you all day! Hopefully your mouth will heal quickly! xoxo

I have watched it all my life, ONE day… I WILL be on it! 😉

and thank you, Sarena – as always, I appreciate your thoughts! I’m healing well, still on pain meds and chillin with Basil (the pain meds DO help, but make me very sleepy and loopy). hope to be off them as of the one I took this morning! 😉 XXO!