Big Night

I am excited to be hosting Food ‘n Flix this month, and thrilled to be sharing one of my all time favorite movies, Big Night.

Food‘nFlix

The movie, the acting, the actors, the food, the story – all of it is fabulous! Two Italian brothers, Primo and Secondo, come to America and open a restaurant. The majority of the movie focuses on one big night, where they gather a large group of guests, a well known jazz musician, their combined talents and amazing food in a last ditch effort to save their restaurant.

If you have yet to see this movie, watch the trailer:

If you have seen the movie, watch the trailer.

It will make you want to watch it, or watch it again.

I know I cannot wait to, and already know what food I will be preparing in inspiration… I would love it if you would join in!

Here’s how to participate in Food ‘n Flix:

1. Watch the chosen film – Big Night.  Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and cook or bake or make something.

2. Post about it on your blog with a link back to this post and a link to Food ‘n Flix.  Use of the logo is optional.

3. You must post must be current (during month of film). And of course we don’t mind if your post is linked to other events…the more the merrier.

4. Have fun with it!

5. Email your entries to me at: spabetty@msn.com and include:

-Your name

-Your blog’s name and URL

-The name of your dish and the permalink to the specific post you’re submitting

-Attach a photo of any size (or give me permission to “pull” one from your post)

-Indicate “Food ‘n Flix Submission” in the subject line

Deadline for submission is Wednesday, April 25. My round up will be within a few days of this date.

Have you seen this movie, and if so, did you like it?

movie photos courtesy of IMDb

Comments

1. Laura Podrasky says

My hubby and I love this movie. I tried to get it for him this year for his birthday and can’t find it anywhere!!! So bummed!!!
    I’m currently reading An Everlasting Meal by Tamar Adler, it’s wonderful. But it has me in the mood to make some traditional homemade food!!!
    Can’t wait to see what you make!!

oh, please Please PLEASE participate Sarena!! it is SOOOO fun and a fun group of people too! 😀

Yay! I’m so excited for this flick…I’ve only seen bits and pieces of it here and there. I can’t wait to watch it all the way through and get into the kitchen. Thank you so much for hosting this month. =)

I can’t wait for you to see it, and to see what you make – there is SO much great food! thank YOU for having me!

3. Natasha says

Hello Mon Amie…how are you? FYI – this is ALSO ONE OF MY FAVE movies…sigh…you have epic taste. Everyone and everything is delicious…sigh…
    So girl – this is all I got for you – sleep is here…fill you in before the weekend promise.

mon amie! I MISS YOU! I am (impatiently) waiting for an update from you <3

OF COURSE you love this movie!! wish we could watch together... sleep well, thanks for saying hi! XO

oh, as someone who appreciates the ‘Pleasures of Food’, you should watch this movie! and then join us this month at Food ‘n Flix!

This is a favorite in my foodie movie collection but I have not watched it in a while. I am looking forward to having it as the F’nF pick for this month to give me even more incentive for another viewing! 😉

I know, it is one of my favorites too! a great movie with a GREAT cast! I look forward to what you make, Deb!

I just come from Tina’s blog. What a fun place this is. I have never seen this movie(how come)? Now I have to find it somewhere..
    Rita

I loved this film. Really. Totally loved it. I can’t thank you enough for making this April’s pick. Emailed you my post last night. It should be up this morning.