National Spinach Day

spinach pancakes

Today is National Spinach Day. You may know that spinach is one of my favorites – probably always in my top five foods list. I always have at least one large box (usually two) of baby spinach in the fridge at any given time. Right now? Two.

I’ll take any chance to share some of my favorite ways to enjoy spinach. While most of these recipes incorporate spinach, a couple just like to sit atop a spinach salad, like my award winning pepper jacks. Yep, they’re cute, but you must try the carrot ginger quinoa filling – yum!

carrot ginger quinoa pepper jacks

My spicy green Thai curry is a popular green recipe- I receive emails about this recipe a lot, and it was featured in a newspaper back east. Again, this is one that I add spinach to after the recipe, something to serve atop or alongside. Delicious.

spicy green Thai curry

Vibrant, bright and green:

asparagus pepper bisque

A party favorite:

spinach blini with pimiento spread

Our newest favorite is stuffed with spinach:

lemon piccata enchilada

Almost every smoothie I make includes spinach – it is a great energy source to start my day, and it blends with almost any flavor. Some of my favorite flavors?

chocolate cherry mint smoothie – or “The Hulk”

This smoothie is easy to make while traveling:

pumpkin smoothie

Happy National Spinach Day!

Will you be celebrating?

Comments

This made me happy to see so many wonderful recipes and photos again. Always so beautiful. I guess I’ll get my spinach at dinner Would have it in a wrap but was rushing and couldn’t find it in the veggie drawer this morning – we just got groceries so it’s packed πŸ˜‰

oh, that is a GOOD problem to have… πŸ˜‰ hope this is a great day and the start of a great week for you, Heather!

well, Happy Spinach Day, Laura! there is plenty of time to celebrate! you probably already did and just didn’t know it, right? πŸ˜€ XXO!

Such beautiful green recipes you have created! :)

Happy spinach day!

Hope you had a great weekend! Hope your dad is doing good and the house stuff going good! <3

thank you, friend! Dad is good this week, feeling good and we had a nice visit yesterday – I brought Jason (who I know he misses) and my brother over, and made everyone lunch. It made my heart smile.

house update SOOOOOON! πŸ˜€ XO Happy Monday, Happy Spinach Day!

I LOVE all of these recipes!! And I LOVE spinach too. Been all over it lately! These look delish!! Wanted to pin them all up to try, but I guess the older posts don’t have them. Bookmark instead πŸ˜‰

oh, I love kale too, Janet! spinach is just so much more versatile to me. (although kale chips are always a good thing…). Happy Spinach Day!

Wow I had no idea that it was National Spinach Day, but I just happened to post a “spinach frappe” on my blog this morning! I must have known subconsciously πŸ˜‰
    This is my first time visiting your blog and EVERYTHING looks delish. I’m definitely going to have to try those spinach pancakes – yum!
    Happy spinach day!

haa – yep, you must have known, or you just love spinach that much! :) great to “meet” you, Micha – thanks for your sweet words… I’m going to check out your frappe now… πŸ˜‰ Happy Spinach Day!

Well, I think this means I need to pick up some spinach this evening. I love a good green smoothie with a healthy handful of spinach.

I’m a big spinach fan. it’s one of the foods my body craves on a regular basis, so I always have it 0n-hand. and like many of these recipes, I often add spinach as a base to many meals (& smoothies!) for extra nutrients. love the stuff. :)

I’m sure there’s a brussels sprouts day somewhere (not that I would celebrate, ew), you’re just being efficient and ahead of the game.

I can’t believe I missed National Spinach Day yesterday! Count me in as a huge spinach fan. (I just made green spinach frosting for my St. Patrick’s Day cookies.) Anyway, I love these recipes and can’t wait to make a nice big stack of spinach pancakes!

Kris I must have missed your lemon piccata enchiladas and I’m SO HAPPY you posted them here!!! OMG they look amazing. I seriously love anything piccata!

Christina I hope you try these – they are SO good! I love piccata too, and have been thinking of these since I made them…

9. Lori Larson says

from another site I am here, seems you are everywhere these days congrats. I spy my favorite pancake…..

Trackbacks