Chipotle Tofu Potato Burrito with Chipotle Mayo

Chipotle Tofu Potato Burrito with Chipotle Mayo

Chipotle Tofu Potato Burrito with Chipotle Mayo – packed with veggies, protein, and flavor, this tasty hand held makes a perfect lunch you will crave daily!

__________________________________________________________

I have another lunchtime dish to share with you guys. This is a longtime favorite, one I have been enjoying for years. It takes a little more prep than your typical lunch, but if you plan ahead you can make enough for a few lunches this week.

Once you taste this, you’ll want to.

You’ll want more.

Chipotle Tofu Potato Burrito with Chipotle Mayo

chipotle tofu potato burrito

gluten and dairy free, vegan

makes two large burritos

1-2 chipotle peppers (from canned in adobo)
large handfuls of arugula
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1/2 block extra firm tofu, cubed
2-3 small red orΒ YukonΒ potatoes, cubed
olive oil for roasting vegetables
2 gluten free wraps (or serve over rice, quinoa – also very good!)
chipotle mayo (recipe follows)Β

In food processor, puree chipotle peppers, pour over cubed tofu to marinate.Β Chop onion, bell pepper and potatoes, spread in single layer on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and roast at 350 for 20 minutes, turning at 10. Remove onion and pepper from oven, set aside. Add tofu cubes to baking sheet with potatoes, return to oven for another 10-15 minutes.

build the burrito in layers:

chipotle sauce, arugula, sauteed onion + pepper, roasted tofu, roasted potatoes, more chipotle mayo, more arugula, fold and roll!

chipotle mayo

2-3 chipotle peppers (from canned in adobo)
1/4 cup mayonnaise (vegan)

In food processor, puree chipotle peppers. Combine chipotle puree with 1/4 cup mayonnaise (more or less to taste). Double recipe for leftovers – store covered in refrigerator.

Pin It

online gif maker

At this point I place back in oven to warm the whole burrito for a few minutes, for the flavors to combine. These flavors combine well – this is spicy, sweet and savory – it is comfort food for us and we love this.

Jason worked at home one day last week, and I started this an hour before he had a break in meetings. The kitchen smelled fabulous, and we enjoyed a tasty lunch.

Chipotle Tofu Potato Burrito with Chipotle Mayo

What is your recent favorite comfort food?

I hope you try this – please let me know if you do!

Comments

Oh YUM. I wish you had been back in the kitchen at the restaurant I went to yesterday…I bet YOU could have worked some magice on the lackluster tofu I was served.

I obviously ate it anyway…but I would have been much happier eating this. :)

[Ever since Texas, I see the words “chipotle” and I get excited. Considering I also develop random mayo cravings at the oddest times—usually post one-too-many glasses of wine the night before–AND just scored some vegan mayo on sale…maybe I’ll try this.]

omg the gif!! how fancy are you right now?! i could definitely get on board with this tofu wrap. looks and sounds amazing.

your comment on my blog today made me SO happy. i really appreciate you being open with me being open (ha) on this eating style thing. you are awesome! xo

hee hee… I make a gif every now and then, this is the first one that SORTA looks okay πŸ˜‰ you need to try this wrap – you will LOVE.

happy I could make you happy… I’ve seen enough attitude about MY choices, and people just need to lighten up, no need to attack πŸ˜‰

yes, over quinoa this is awesome. I hope you try this, Heather… it is SO good and I want you to have the goodness! πŸ˜€

What a gorgeous burrito! Love the green outside, the yummy filling, and your food styling and pics are always gorgeous. If it were me, that burrito would have been everywhere but neatly photographed…lol

haa – Averie, you definitely understand that mine WAS all over the place. πŸ˜‰ burritos are not easy! πŸ˜€

This looks really good, I might just have to try it.

I’m really curious, what kind of gluten free wraps do you get? I’ve only been able to find rice wraps that are gluten free, and those always seem to break whenever I try rolling them.

the gluten free wraps I usually get are either rice or teff as well, or a combination of… my trick is warming them in the microwave* (one at a time) for 30 seconds before I roll them, they become pliable and don’t tear. then they usually STAY in the wrap form, which is nice! trust me, I have many ripped wraps too. :(

*or oven for a couple minutes, or even in a dry pan on the stove top, over medium-low heat.

I don’t understand why they don’t make a candle that smells like roasting vegetables? I would love it if my house always smelled like that. Although I guess I would be hungrier more often…

This looks amazing as always. I definitely would dive into this wrap!

My most recent favorite comfort food is good old spaghetti, I fell back in love with it :)

The burrito looks awesome, I am a huge fan of chipotle mayo on pretty much anything!

oh, Brooke, get thee to a store today! πŸ˜‰ the chipotle is less strong as a mayo, and you could definitely do less with the tofu marinade (or use the chipotle mayo on the tofu too!). hope you like it!

7. Steph says

My school only has Kontos wraps which contain l-cysteine (feathers!) :( I wanna stuff this into a pita though!

Steph yeah, this filling goes much better with pita (or over salad, quinoa, rice…) than it does with feathers :( I hope you try it! :)

Woooo! Awesome gif! :)

I love this burrito idea. I still haven’t taken the leap and bought some gf wraps yet, but I do intend to eventually. I’m kind of tired of eyeballing them as I pass them in the grocery store.

Isobelle, the trick with gluten free wraps is to warm them in the microwave or oven for a bit, or even in a dry pan on the stove. they soften and can FOLD when warm, otherwise they crack. every single time. πŸ˜‰ I hope you try this filling, it’s really good!

Oh YUMMO :) This looks great… I used to make tofu wraps at the cafe I used to run in Melbourne, and I had completely forgot about putting tofu in a wrap until now ! Yay thanks for the reminder, and the recipe to try :) Love the addition of potatoes too, great idea.

these look great, and love the gif you made! quick question: can chipotle peppers — in adobo sauce? those are the ones i’ve been able to find (and love in a chili or any soup)

yes Jared, with adobo is what I used – SO good. actually the only ones I’ve ever seen, too, I think? I’ll edit the recipe to add that. ENJOY!

11. Pauline says

I made these. loved them so much I made a double batch for all of our lunches this week – the kids and the hubs all LOVE it, thanks!

12. Lora @cakeduchess says

I try to come up with new tofu dishes my kids will like and I think this is something we will all LOVE…yummyyyyy!!!:)

oh, please make this!! πŸ˜€ I think everyone would love it. (don’t know how your kids are with spice? maybe try it before you add a bunch of it to the tofu – it can be spicy. or ‘marinate’ the tofu with the chipotle mayo… ) let me know how y’all like them – they are one of our favorites!

13. Kelly says

this is my new favorite, I have never had chipotle peppers before and they are great! thanks for a delicious recipe I will be making for lunch all week!

14. Salix says

I found your recipe through Gojee. It is a tongue twister! This sounded great to me. My husband made it last week and he isn’t the tofu fan that I am. I LOVED this and will definitely make it again!

Trackbacks