raspberry cheesecake oreo bars

Yep, you read that right, Oreo.

Do you know there are vanilla Oreos now? I may like them even more than the original. Although I know either choice would be good in this crust, I went with Golden.

This time.

I’m going to add to the conversation about Oreos being vegan, and throw my hat into the “yes they are” side of the ring. Healthy? Not at all. Tasty? Sometimes. Always.

As a crust for cheesecake bars? Absolutely. Throw them in the food processor, filling and all. I still added melted butter, but reduced the amount. This crust is good.

You may want to throw a few extra cookies into into the processor, if you taste test like me.

raspberry cheesecake oreo bars

dairy and egg free, vegan

crust:

one half package Golden Oreos
1 tablespoon butter (Earth Balance), melted

Process Oreos in to crumb; add melted butter and combine. Press into 9×9 baking dish, bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

filling:

2 packages cream cheese (8 oz Tofutti), room temperature
2 tablespoons Ener-G egg powder
3 tablespoons NuNaturals More Fiber Baking Blend
2 tablespoons almond milk
2 tablespoons agave, divided
1 pint fresh raspberries

Combine cream cheese, egg powder, baking blend, almond milk and 1 tablespoon agave. Divide in half and set aside. In saucepan over medium heat, combine raspberries and remaining 1 tablespoon agave. Stir until raspberries make a syrup, leaving some berries intact.

Combine berries with half cheesecake batter. Pour ‘plain’ batter over crust, top with ‘berried’ batter. Bake at 375 for 37-42 minutes or until set. Cool completely on counter before cutting; store covered in refrigerator.

This is one of the last in my series of Valentines desserts – although it also works for a random Saturday.

Cuteness for the daya sheep-herding rabbit.

Happy Saturday!

Comments

These look really yummy! Perfect for Valentine’s Day : )

I never tried the golden oreos, I am always a sucker for the double stuffed, the peppermint ones around christmas, and the chocolate mint ones!

Happy weekend to you , Basil, and your husband! Still thinking of your dad, I pray he is getting better xo

thank you SO much, Katie! chemo begins this week, and he is home now! he is doing really well, I appreciate your continued thoughts, you are SO sweet.

you NEED to try the Golden Oreos!! NEED! 😀

Wow…I want to sink my teeth into one of these. Can you believe I’ve never tried golden oreos?! What have I been waiting for. Oh yea, this recipe!

And the fact that Oreos are vegan always gets me. Even though I “know it”, I am always surprised when I’m reminded of that one.

actually I CANNOT believe that, Averie! I’d figure you’ve tried all the Oreos to be tried! (um, did you know there is a PEANUT BUTTER OREO??) yeah.

3. Natasha says

OMG…we LOVE bunny rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have many in our front yard – I need to send you a pic of where they live…this is soooo damn cute I’m, clenching my jaw!

oh, you are SO lucky to have them in your yard!! we have little critters around here, mostly big squirrels, nutria and small things, no rabbits that I have seen?

ha… actually, yes, there has always been some talk about the sugar used, and that it is probably processed (you know, the old Bone Char Talk!) 😀 I also think that so many DO know, or aren’t really contesting whether they are or not, but it’s just surprising, you know?

I like the 80/20 rule also…

I think I could get lost in these bars and never come out. I’d be happy. Ohhhh how I wish I could eat things like Oreos, Pizza, and Ice Cream like I used too.

Maybe I over think things and should just go with my taste buds from now on 😉 I love these and YOU! Thank you!
    xxoo

while I really like to eat healthy, and I feel WAY better when I do, sometimes I need an Oreo, ya know? and pizza. :) love you too, girl! XO

oreos? girl you have lost your damn mind – putting $20 on the table that you can make a healthier “oreo” – do it and email me your address and TWENTY whole dollars coming your way 😉

I didn’t realize there were golden oreos – my honey bunny prefers the vanilla filled style of cookie….and I had NO idea they were vegan! The bars look delicious!

7. Perry says

I always forget about the Oreo… thanks for the reminder. Vanilla is my favorite too, although a classic Oreo is just that, classic. Never gets old.

hi Rachel – the baking blend is just a sweetener substitute, so you can use the same amount of whatever you generally use. enjoy!

8. Shilpa says

Can I use flax meal in place of the Ener-G? If I were to use agave instead of the sugar substitue, how much agave should I use. Thanks.

• Kristina Sloggett says

hi Shilpa! I have not tried this with flax, but I am pretty sure it should work with this recipe. Also, perhaps just another tablespoon of agave in the cheesecake mixture? The cookie crust and the raspberry topping are both sweet enough, so the cheesecake middle can be less so. I’d start with 2 tablespoons and taste? Enjoy!

9. MTD says

Just made them…waiting for them to come out of the oven! The kids are at BB practice..so they may be gone by the time they get back.

ooh, never thought to try the vanilla Oreos (or better yet, Whole Foods 365 brand sandwich creme cookies, basically a natural version of Oreos, or even Newman O’s) in place of the chocolate in recipes.. will have to try!