cooler cleanse

in Breakfast, daily juice, Gluten Free, product review, Vegan

I recently finished another cleanse, this one was three days, plus a week of raw eating my own meals after. This way of eating is so good for me, makes me feel good and extremely energetic.

After we celebrate Valentines and finish up all the pink treats, I am doing another one. I will be doing this one, again.

Cooler cleanse. I love the way this is designed, and I love the juice – all delicious! You choose a three day or a five day cleanse, and you are sent a variety of juices and a cooler (cute cooler, I use it all the time!). There are six juices a day, each bottle with a number on the lid, 1-6. The cleanse is planned out to be consumed by number, and these are the daily choices:

1) sweet greens

2) grapefruit & mint, pineapple ginger or watermelon lime

3) essential green

4) young coconut water or spicy lemonade

5) essential red

6) almond nut milk or brazil nut milk

The essential greens? There are three pounds of greens in every bottle.

The pineapple ginger is amazing – it’s a flavor I make often anyway, so its good to know I’m making good combinations on my own.

The sweet greens and the essential reds are great, and I looked forward to them. They are a great way to start the day and get through the afternoon.

Finishing the day with a nut milk felt soothing and relaxing. These people know what they’re doing.

The watermelon lime tastes like summer. Makes me want summer.
I cannot wait for summer.

The young coconut water is one of the best flavors I have tasted in a while, of anything. It was amazing, and as weird as this will sound, tasted like cereal. I want to buy coolers full of this one flavor, if they let me. A delicious flavor that was definitely a favorite of the week. The most accurate way I can describe it is a tasty comfort cereal flavor.

SO good.

I have never tasted anything like it. I’m not excited to drink other coconut juice now…

Many of my readers already know I love to juice and cleanse. If you want to know my reasoning and experiences (and see a fun pineapple pepper!), please read this.

For a detailed FAQ / ‘your questions answered’, please read this. If you have any questions, please ask.

I love my juicer, I got a new one a couple months ago (details on that soon!). With as much juicing as I do, I have gotten into quite a groove with it all – from prepping the produce to juicing to cleaning the juicer, I can get it all done within 20 minutes at the most. I know a common complaint is cleaning the juicer, heck, for some it is “dragging it in from the garage”. A cleanse like this is a great alternative to doing it yourself and saving time.

I realize the price is out of range of many daily food budgets, and I already know this will be something I splurge on, plan and save for. There are times in life (like mine, right now) where having everything planned and done and ready for you is a really good thing. With my days being non stop and completely packed from 6am to 9pm these days, I welcome this. :D It is quick, convenient, portable (cooler! keeps it cool!), and completely nutritious.

I can’t wait to do it again!

POST SPONSORED BY COOLER CLEANSE. MY POSITIVE VIEWS OF JUICING AND THIS CLEANSE IS UNBIASED.

1 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning February 10, 2012 at 6:10 am

I’m a total sucker for labeling and packaging that catches my eye (must be my graphic design background…) and I love the way these bottles look. And the combinations sound incredible (kinda makes me want to drag by juicer out…).
I can’t wait for summer either… sigh.

2 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 7:22 am

summer is ALMOST here, right? right?? :)

3 Christine @ Merf In Progress February 10, 2012 at 6:21 am

OH MY GOSH I must do this right now. Like the other commenter said, I am a sucker for packaging. Plus I love the idea of a detox/cleanse. And not having to shop for all sorts of things that may go unused. I need this, like, now.

4 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 7:21 am

the packaging is nice, right? clean. yes, one positive about this is that it’s all mapped out for you, and EASY. just follow the numbers. ;)

5 Christine (Merf) February 14, 2012 at 7:27 am

Just wanted to let you know that my Cooler Cleanse showed up today and so far I’ve had the sweet greens. So delicious. I am so glad you introduced me to this!!!

6 spabettie February 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm

YAY! I am SO glad you got it – you must be completed by now, did you like it? :)

7 Ann @ Running With Choptix February 10, 2012 at 7:13 am

I’ve never done a cleaner but I’m interested in it. I’m always worried I’ll be starving but this cleanse sounds delicious! I’ll have to try it out soon! Do they deliver anywhere in the US?

8 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 7:20 am

hi Ann – I believe they do ship anywhere in US – if you do the 3 day cleanse, it is all delivered in one shipment (with the cooler!). for a 5 day, you get two deliveries to ensure it remains fresh. there is plenty of juice here, I did not feel hungry at all!

9 Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! February 10, 2012 at 7:19 am

Ah I love these! When I live in NYC I go to Juice Generation all the time, wishing that I had the money to afford the cooler cleanse. I buy one or two of the blends at a time – not for a cleanse – but they are so so good.

10 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 7:27 am

I know, I love the flavors, all of them!

11 curlsz February 10, 2012 at 7:33 am

this is making my mouth water – i love juicing and haven’t missed a day since the middle of December, and some of these flavor combinations sound WONDERFUL – at this point I have it down to about 20 minutes as well – i’ve even figured out how to stack the parts in the sink so that by the end the most difficult item to clean is a matter of simply rinsing it off – it’s all about practice!

ps is it scary we get this excited over juice – maybe it does something to our brains

12 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 11:07 am

good for you for not missing a day! (I know when I don’t have at least one a day I miss it terribly!). I love your cleaning method… I do that with a couple of the pieces (my new juicer has these two steel gears, they sit in the sink while I scrub the rest, and they just need a rinse at the end!).

I LOVE that juice makes us this happy… :D

13 curlsz February 10, 2012 at 7:43 pm

which juicer did you get this time – or is there a big reveal happening here soon?

14 spabettie February 11, 2012 at 3:59 pm

hee! I am planning to talk about it one of these days… I traded my centrifugal for a masticating… and I LOVE it. love Love LOVE it!

15 curlsz February 11, 2012 at 4:44 pm

good for you! that’s the way to go – I love my masticating juicer (never thought that would be a phrase I’d put out on the internet), that’s the kind I always recommend to people and a friend of mine took her centrifugal back for one and said she liked it a lot better -loads more soluble fiber (that last phrase officially makes me a geek)

16 meg February 10, 2012 at 8:15 am

I’m with you on cleanses. I feel like they give me so much energy and I just feel like a new person!

17 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 11:03 am

RIGHT?? I love them… I want to do them all the time, and then I always eat so fresh after too…

18 Christina February 10, 2012 at 8:40 am

I’ve never had cooler cleanse! Sounds like a great plan!

19 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 11:03 am

this was my first cleanse with this company, although I have had their juice from the shop in NYC… it IS a great plan, easy and tasty! :)

20 Sophie February 10, 2012 at 8:50 am

I love doing juice cleanses! I do a 7 day one every 10 weeks or so. I just use my own juicer because it costs me less but those ones above do sound great!

21 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 10:59 am

hi Sophie! yes, I juice daily with my own juicer, and love it. this was a great way to mix that up, and my schedule just changed DRASTICALLY so I was grateful for the time saved! :) I couldn’t do this every day, but it is a nice splurge!

22 Cara February 10, 2012 at 9:34 am

Okay, yuuup–so doing this! What a great post, Kris. I have never heard of this company and so happy you just exposed me to them. You have me drooling over all of them! How long have you been using their products?

23 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 10:49 am

they are a great company, starting from Juice Generation in NYC… I have had juice from there before, and have wanted to do a full cleanse for a while, knowing I love their juice. This is my first one, but I am doing another VERY soon – I am thinking of scheduling it to begin next Wednesday or Thursday… :D

24 Casey February 10, 2012 at 10:34 am

These look amazing! I’d love to try it myself.

My only question is, do you know if they use organic produce?

Thanks for the post!

25 spabettie February 10, 2012 at 10:40 am

hi Casey! yes, they use organic produce that is sustainably grown, and juices with a hydraulic press. it is delicious!

26 Casey February 13, 2012 at 10:00 am

Good to know! Thanks for the reply.

27 Lisa B February 10, 2012 at 11:25 am

I love doing juice cleanses too. I haven’t in a while, but I’m planning one soon.
What juicer did you get?! A couple years ago, I got a greenstar, and I love it (even though it’s a little slower than the centrifugal type).
Happy Weekend!

28 Christin@purplebirdblog February 10, 2012 at 11:55 am

Oh my goodness… I would LOVE to do this. With as scattered (I typed ass cattered at first, ha) as my brain is right now this would be sooo ideal. Unfortunately its out of my budget right now, but it’s definitely going on my wish list. I am dying to try that coconut water!

29 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 10, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Tony and I were talking about juicing just last weekend. Not so much as a cleanse, but a way to get more vegetables in all three of my guys. I fear I would be hungry doing a juice cleanse. I’m not sure what type of juice I want because I would want some pulp in it too. This one sounds delicious though. Thank you for your views!

30 sarah @ sarah learns February 11, 2012 at 8:09 am

this sounds like a great option for people who don’t have a juicer or are really just too busy to do a juice cleanse if they have to prepare all the juice themselves.

i just did a juice cleanse for 5 days and i love what it did for my body! i’m excited to do another one soon. :)

31 spabettie February 11, 2012 at 3:57 pm

exactly, for those without a juicer, don’t want to clean the juicer, or take the time. and this one is REALLY tasty, too!

32 Hannah February 11, 2012 at 10:09 am

I’m tempted to do a “cleanse” just to get those juices.. I don’t care too much about detox or the supposed benefits, but the drinks simply sound tasty enough without any other conditions attached.

33 spabettie February 11, 2012 at 3:44 pm

really, Hannah, the juice is all amazing! I’d drink them even if I were not on a cleanse also…

34 mikelite February 12, 2012 at 6:35 am

seeing a rousing endorsement for juice & cleanses isn’t out of the ordinary around these parts, just wish I read that it was paid for at the beginning. I don’t doubt the awesomeness of the juice or your honest review, just think it’s better to know that stuff up front.

35 Ali @ Around the VeggieTable February 13, 2012 at 11:50 am

I REALLLLLLY want to do this cleanse! I was looking at Blueprint Cleanse, but I can’t afford it, so I bought the book to make them myself. I did one solid day and felt great. Unfortunately though, I just don’t have time to make the juices myself because I have a centrifugal juicer so they will spoil (can’t prepare them in advance…bummer). I may just have to save up and do the cooler cleanse though…it sounds amazing! You’re so lucky you got to do it! :)

36 spabettie February 11, 2012 at 6:19 pm

yessss… I am thrilled with it!! I miss my beets, though, I have to do those in my other juicer? admittedly, I only tried once in the new juicer, but it jammed up the gears. do you juice beets? just chop them really small? yes, when you get to this level of juicing, you are officially a geek. that is a GOOD thing ;)

37 curlsz February 11, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Yes I do beets about 3-4 times a week – I think the centrifugal juicer has a larger “mouth” so that probably spoiled you a bit – I cut the beets horizontally in half – then cut each half into three pieces – so usually 6 pieces total – then put them in a bit slower than everything else – i make sure each one has had time to go through the blade before i put the next one in – that’s the only food i have to be careful with but it’s easy once you get the hang of it – sometimes i go to fast and it jams up, then i just hit the reverse button

38 spabettie February 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I really need to give them another chance, after all this was the second time I used the new juicer, and I only tried beets once. I’m much better about things now, and I actually REALLY enjoy the process of juicing – alternating greens and leaves with pieces of apple and carrot… I SO love my new juicer! :D

39 curlsz February 11, 2012 at 9:42 pm

If you think about how dense beers are it makes sense they would need to be in smaller pieces. By the way the new household fave is Apple lemon ginger WOW its awesome!!!! Stole that from the cooler site. Today I added cinnamon and it was fabulous!

40 spabettie February 11, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I will try beets again… and let you know how it goes :) apple lemon ginger sounds awesome – Jason and I were on a carrot ginger kick this summer.. and a ginger lemonade. Love that you got it from Cooler – there are several really good combinations they do…