Meyer lemon mousse in chocolate cups

I cannot stop making chocolate shot glasses. I’m not a big fan of white chocolate, but I am a fan of pink. I am a fan of Valentines Day.

Lemon is one of my favorite flavors for light, fresh desserts. But if I am honest, I have to say I chose lemon so I could tint it yellow, which is a vibrant contrast to pink. Exactly how I pictured it in my mind – I love when that happens.

Flavor-wise, the tart lemon of this pudding-like mousse tones down the very sweet white chocolate these shot glasses are made of – the sweet pink containers perfect for serving mousse desserts on Valentines Day.

Or on a random Monday.

Meyer lemon mousse

dairy and gluten free, vegan

1/2 (6 ounces) package silken tofu
1/3 cup cream cheese (Tofutti)
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 Meyer lemon – juice and zest only
coloring, optional (I use Seelect – vegan + organic)
4 white chocolate shot glasses tinted with beet juiceΒ

Combine all ingredients in food processor, pulse on high until blended. Taste – adjust for desired sweetness. Transfer into piping bag (or plastic baggie), refrigerate 30-45 minutes. Pipe into chocolate shot glasses and top with sugared decor.

Pin It

Happy Valentines!

Comments

ha, thanks Victoria! I love the colors too. and yeah, just like my bean ball obsession, this shot glass maker has taken over my thoughts…

yep – the only way I’ll eat white chocolate – make it pink and pair it with something awesome. πŸ˜‰

If I had those molds, I would be making everything I ate out them! Sloppy joes? Shot glasses form. Nutloaf? Shot glasses. Pizza? Yup, shot glasses. I am with you on the white chocolate though. Why does it taste so poorly? But if it is colored pink? Well, excuse me while I shove my mouth with some.

GAAH, you and I are STILL sharing a brain –> I tried making a quinoa cups. big fail, but I am not done. I will be trying again soon.

pizza shot glasses? THIS is why I love you.

A friend has these shot glass molds and never uses them…I want to steal them so I can take them home and experiment with making your pretty drinks and desserts! TOO cute, I love the pink and yellow.

DO IT. πŸ˜‰ they are SO fun. the first time you use them, it is a LITTLE difficult to get the shots out… but the silicone gets softer and the second and third times have been VERY easy to get out :)

and thanks – I love the pink and yellow too – good for Valentines.

3. Natasha says

Yo – that pizza shot glass? hmmmm – how about doing a Tiramisu shot glass Miss SB….?
    Ches? Ches? (This is how I would speak if I had a Spanish accent…) Ok- so I have to send you a note about my interviews and such…Rob is home “prepping”for an elective procedure that involves probes…I will say no more….SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy Papa is home!!!!!! I will brain storm and see what I can suggest for is smoothie!
    Kiss kiss – and love

Woo hoo- I can actually make these! The only thing I’ve filled my molds with so far is water. I didn’t know how much chocolate to use (but now I do because I looked back to your first post about it).
    I didn’t actually use my ice shot glasses, just showed them off to party guests on Sunday who were impressed and suggested we buy some Jager. :)
    And I’m with you on the lemon thing- I just posted a lemon dessert today (because I’m obsessed with Christin’s chickpea cookies).

5. Regina Gardiner says

I made this mousse today, it is yummie!! I have it hidden in the back of the fridge as a surprise sweets for tomorrow for my sweetie (shhh!) πŸ˜€ I even got the pink decor balls!