bienvenidos!

in Basil Pup, travel

we are baaaack!

We have been “backpacking” in Mexico since I was here last – and oh, how I have missed you all!

Landing in Puerto Vallarta with only one night booked, we traveled through Nayarit and landed in several different places. I have just started to go through the 900 photos I took – I will share more about our travels in the coming days.

Our first night included this view on our balcony:

I really thought Jason might sleep out there. Our next home? Needs one of these. So very therapeutic for my water loving Jason.

This was our view for many days.

We celebrated the holidays.

We celebrated our anniversary.

We spent days and days on the beach.

We enjoyed tequila.

On the beach.

Everywhere.

I love hammocks.

This was my view.

A lot.

Another hammock perspective:

Now this little sweetie is my view:

We are all back home, and all is right in our world. Plus, we have a checked bag full of tequila. The vacation continues…

Basil had his own adventures while we were gone – I’ll share all of those too!

Happy Wednesday, and Happy Holidays to you all.

1 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 21, 2011 at 5:41 am

Welcome home and can’t wait to hear more about this trip…shower us with tons and tons of pictures (when you have time), pretty please! :)

2 Heather (Where's the Beach) December 21, 2011 at 5:43 am

Sounds like an incredible vacation. Happy Anniversary. You know I am loving those views of the beach by the way!!

3 Abby December 21, 2011 at 5:44 am

Minus the Tequila–the drink of the devil–it looks absolutely amazing. I look forward to the recap…and more Basil.

Glad you’re back safe and sound!

4 Curt December 21, 2011 at 6:09 am

Only one word can describe a vacation like that. Awesome!

5 Heather @ Better With Veggies December 21, 2011 at 6:17 am

That looks amazing – including the tequila (my fav!) – very relaxing. I’m just days away from a tropical vacation myself and now I’m REALLY ready for it!

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 21, 2011 at 6:40 am

Wow, that sounds incredible! I am way too type A to land somewhere with only one night booked but I bet that’s kind of awesome in it’s adventurous sort of way ;)

7 lindsay December 21, 2011 at 7:40 am

yea! that one heck of a trip! love the tequila shots too. Perfect! And well enjoyed. We missed you though.
;)

so did Basil.

8 Cadry December 21, 2011 at 8:25 am

It looks like a marvelous vacation! Happy anniversary!

9 Lisa December 21, 2011 at 8:49 am

Wow what a great vacation! I could use one of those.Especially on a beach!

10 Shannon Roche December 21, 2011 at 9:28 am

That sounds so wonderful. I’m heading home to Tennessee tonight and can’t wait to go hiking!

11 jobo December 21, 2011 at 9:33 am

Wow, that trip sounds absolutely fabulous!!! welcome back :)

12 Jess December 21, 2011 at 10:00 am

Sounds. Utterly. Amazing.
Why did you even bother coming back?? ;-)

13 janetha December 21, 2011 at 10:10 am

oh, hi. i am jealous! i missed you! and i love basil.

14 Christin@purplebirdblog December 21, 2011 at 10:50 am

So jealous of your super fab trip, but so stoked for you… you deserved every beautiful minute! So happy you’re home for power puppy snuggles and for my own selfish reasons of getting to interact with you more regularly. ;) Love you, lady! xo

15 natalie (the sweets life) December 21, 2011 at 11:39 am

WOW sounds like an amazing trip! Can’t wait to hear more!

16 Char @ www.charskitchen.ca December 21, 2011 at 11:46 am

beautiful pictures!! so glad you enjoyed your vacation :)

17 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness December 21, 2011 at 11:50 am

Welcome back!!! The pictures look stunning, the things I would do to be sitting in a hammock on the beach right now…

18 Emily December 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Welcome back, friend! Looks like you had a FABULOUS time :D

19 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty December 21, 2011 at 12:19 pm

how did I not know you were going to Mexico!!! Looks awesome!!

20 Tiff December 21, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Welcome back! I am so jealous right now (especially because it’s a cold, rainy day, and I’m stuck in my cube at work. Ohhhh to be in a beach hammock!)

21 Eden December 21, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Yay! Welcome back! I’ve missed you and you’ve missed all this really depressing drama from my end so it’s good you weren’t around for it.
Looks like you had a glorious time and I’m down for trading lives with you. :)

22 spabettie December 21, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I’m sorry I missed it – I did see one post, caught up on the rest and emailed you while I was on vacation… hope you got it? XO love Kris

23 sarah (sarah learns) December 21, 2011 at 2:35 pm

welcome back! it looks like you had a fabulous trip – gorgeous photos.

one of my favorite parts of coming home after a vacation is snuggling my pups – i bet basil was happy to see you!!

24 Jenn @therebelchick December 21, 2011 at 3:04 pm

How fun and exciting!! I can’t wait to see more posts with pics from Mexico!

25 Kris | iheartwellness.com December 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Ooo hunny bunny, this is amazing!!!!!! What a gorgeous view, gorgeous relaxing and FUN!!! WOOO HOOO

xxoo

26 Sayward December 21, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Welcome home!

27 Pure2raw twins December 21, 2011 at 5:35 pm

yay your back, we have missed you!! lovely just beautiful photos!! must admit a little jealous ;)

28 Dorry December 21, 2011 at 6:55 pm

welcome home, dear friend! I’m sure it feels amazing to be back with Basil pup, and to sleep in your own bed/cook in your own kitchen. Can’t wait to read more about your adventure! Billy and I have a special place in our heart for Mexico…and tequila. <3

29 Tiffany December 22, 2011 at 6:44 am

What a fun trip, I love the pics! I could lounge on a hammock (with a cool beverage of course) all day long and be content–not a bad view you had!

30 Christina December 22, 2011 at 9:58 am

Glad to see you guys got back safely!! I’d be so scared to leave Sushi alone while backpacking, we’re one of “those” dog owners hahaha.

Um and tequila always makes for a great vacation, just sayin’.

31 spabettie December 23, 2011 at 10:53 am

Basil went to stay with this awesome lady who boards dogs – she has a huge awesome property and Basil LOVED it (it was the place with the horse…) she sent us updates and photos too, which was SO nice!

tequila DOES make a great vacation. especially when you bring several bottles home. ;)

32 Kath (My Funny Little Life) December 22, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Aww, how wonderful! Happy anniversary, Kris and Jason! And *wag wag* to Basil!

But … is that a whirlpool “sofa”? 8O WHY DO I HAVE NOTHING LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?!

33 spabettie December 23, 2011 at 10:45 am

oh, he has been wag wag wagging all the time! :D it is SO good to be home and see him.

I’ll have to see if I got a better photo of the whirlpool – it was HUGE. we came back to the room at midnight and sat in there, looking over the ocean. it was pretty awesome. I eventually got out, but Jason stayed in there for hours! :D

34 Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} December 23, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Gorgeous!!!! So glad you had a great time and that you are back!