frosty Portland

This morning is beautiful – icy cold and bright sunshine.

Frosty ice and lone webs

Basil was quick to run back in the house

but I had to capture the crisp sunny morning.

Perfect Sunday.

Ah! Sounds divine! LA is not behaving like it’s usual ultra sunny self and it’s so rainy and dark today. Blah, I don’t feel like leaving the house. I hate days like that. Anyhow, Im glad basil got to relish the frosty morning too. He deserves to be spoiled.

2. spabettiemom says

Very beautiful pictures sweetie..I know about Basil..Jake and Elwood do their thing and zip right back into the house because of the cold..Ha
    Hope you looked at the ‘website’………….

YIKES, Mom!! I haven’t opened the link yet, because I am scared!! is there a website to get over a phobia of THAT website?? πŸ˜€

ooooh, mama! that is NOT weird! I want you to come, and bring your beautiful family!! – well, we don’t have room for you all, if you are being serious, but if you want to VISIT Portland… Heck YES I will cook for you and teach you photography and… and… and… :) weeee! it would be SO MUCH FUN!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

ha! extreme frost it was! that last photo? TOTAL ICE – it was taken on the top of our pool! πŸ˜‰ BRRR winter is here!

It is great to ‘meet’ you too. I love how MoFo always gives me new blogs to add to my regular list.
    These photos are beautiful! Though I do not agree with frosty weather, no I do not. I am a warmth girl all the way. πŸ˜‰
    I really do hope to make it back to Portland soon (when it is not frosty, obviously). I need to eat a MacNoCheeto from HGS (I had the special instead when I was there) and also spend an entire day eating my way through Back To Eden, or my life will never be complete.

oooh, eating your way through Back To Eden??? if you do that, PLEASE let me know first so I can join you!! πŸ˜€ I feel so lucky to have HGS within… oh, a five mile radius whenever I NEED it. πŸ˜‰ and yes, it is a NEED.

Wow, those are really incredible shots. It’s scenes like these that redeem the coldness of winter. What lens did you use? The details on the frost are so sharp!

hi Hannah,

thank you! I love taking shots like these, and was happy I caught the detail! these were with my 50mm on my D300. πŸ˜€

Coooooooooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee baaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkk! Where aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee yooooooooooooouuuuu? *do I sound like a complaining little girl yet? I could get worse, just so you know* I miss my little Spa Bettie. Return. Return. Return. There, I think that will do for now…