spicy ice cream shake

Yep. These are all over the place, and I had to make one too.

This is very different from my pumpkin smoothie, which I could easily have with breakfast. This one includes ice cream, making it a dessert. At least eat breakfast first.

spicy ice cream shake

vegan, gluten free, dairy free

serves two

2 scoops pumpkin ice cream*
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut milk (carton)
2 tablespoons chai tea powder (Natures Flavors)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

In blender, combine ice cream, pumpkin puree, coconut milk – blend until smooth. Add chai, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, pulse blender to combine. Pour into glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.

*For a smoothie rather than a dessert, replace the ice cream with two scoops of vanilla protein powder and another cup of coconut milk.

Mmm. I wait to make that ice cream all year long. I really don’t like to see anything holiday related before Thanksgiving, except for that nog.

The other fun thing going on today – I am once again guest posting over at XGFX! Go check it out – there is another fun thing about these pepper jacks I shared over there…someone famous (and fun!) tweeted about them! 😀

Comments

Mmmm, why wait! I could go for that anytime of the year. But you’d have to make your own pumpkin ice cream.

And I love egg nog. I always get that around Christmas time!

I do too – kinda glad things like that are not available year round, it makes it more special and kinda marks the beginning of the holidays, right? :)

I won’t be making this as it involves making ice cream and soy (an intolerance to both, on my part,) but I have to say that a) I voted and retweeted, as your recipe kicks dupa and b) your pictures in this post are stellar. I love the colors and the composition of things so much that I actually felt compelled to comment on photography. I never comment on photography 😉

Good luck!

well, I’m honored to have your vote, Abby! and THANK YOU for your awesome compliments. those kind of things just make my day. really. XXO!

Oh….this sounds so great! I love not trying to health-ify things sometimes too—just make it dessert! (although, I do love the healthy-breakfast-smoothies too)
    Thanks for sharing!

thank you SO much for your vote, my friend! I’m in third place right now (which still wins a prize!) but I want to get back to FIRST! I was first place on the first day… 😉 need to UP my campaigning…

I’m spreading the Jack-o-Lantern love, my dear! I hope you win the contest! And I’ve been loving Chai tea lately – it’s such a delicious holiday flavor that I really only enjoy Oct-Dec. xo

thank you SO much, my dear Dorry – I appreciate it… I love to bake with chai anytime, but I really only drink it this time of year too… it’s very holiday!

5. Brandy says

Can’t find the recipe for the pumpkin smoothie you reference..?!?!!! Although this sounds amazing, I believe I’m a bit lazy and a smoothie would be just that much easier!!

I will be posting the pumpkin smoothie soon – I was going to do it with this one, but didn’t want it to get “lost” so a post of it’s own will be coming soon. 😀