sweet white bean dip

I needed an appetizer idea to bring to an event the other day, and was planning on making my date dip paired with all the apples of the season.

Then I saw Maryea’s sweet white bean dip.

oh, Mama.

Snacky McSnackerton, indeed. This is one tasty dip!

Maryea says she prefers it cold, and that is how I served it. Protein packed and naturally sweetened, this creamy dip is very easy and quick to make.

I paired it with some sliced apples, dried apricots and trail mix – perfect snack and I had empty plates to bring home!

Enjoy Life recently sent me their newest products, nut free trail mixes in fantastic flavors – they were very well liked by everyone, and were a perfect addition to this healthy dip and fruit.

Beach Bash is sunflower and pumpkin seeds, dried pineapple, apricots and cranberries. Bright and sweetly tart, I loved it. Mountain Mambo includes sunflower and pumpkin seeds, fruit and chocolate chips, and it may be my favorite. Both are gluten free and vegan (dairy, egg and casein free), nut and tree-nut free, soy free.

You all know by now that I am a fan of beans, and I like to use them in what some say unconventional ways.

Have you tried a bean recipe before, and what did you think?

Although it’s a bit more conventional, I made a rosemary, pumpkin, chickpea dip (hummus kinda) that was outstanding last week. I love using beans in things they aren’t supposed to be in mostly just to tell people after the first bite that they’re in there and see their reaction. 😉

I just had to come visit and look for that (I’m on a fun rosemary trend right now!). that looks perfect!

and I do this too – beans are so versatile, I add them to a lot of unconventional things. sometimes I’ll tell people. 😉

I love sweet dips! Don’t get me wrong, I love *ALL* dips – I’m an equal opportunity dip lover – but finding a great sweet one is always exciting! I’m a fan of beans, though I don’t usually think to incorporate into something sweet like this. But I can always use some extra protein! :)

*gasp* WHAT?! 😉 just kidding, girls. I don’t like… brussels sprouts!! I am seeing those everywhere lately!

see!? you knew something was coming your way – I hope you try this, it was SO good! I love that about beans too, VERY versatile!

“snacky Mcsnackerton”- best line EVER! :)
    This dip looks oh so delicious. I need to put it on my list right under your Spicy Peanut soup! Eeekk… everytime I come to your blog my list gets longer. You’re magnificent!

aw, thank you! :) I hope you try some of them, especially the spicy peanut soup! its a good one. I’m going to be posting the new recipe for the cashew version soon, if you want to wait for that one! 😉

I use beans in cookies and brownies, but this is my first time trying a dip also – it will NOT be my last, this is very good!

I’m sure I’ve had a bean dip before but nothing that stands out. This looks fabulous! And I’m off to check out your date dip. That sounds intriguing!

This sounds really interesting! I once tried the dessert hummus, but that’s as close as I’ve come to anything “beany” that is creative!

yes, the sweet is awesome, probably very close to a dessert hummus (I’ve not tried those yet – now I may have to!).