pecan coffee cheesecake bars

Welcome to week three of Vegan Mofo! There have been so many fantastic posts this year, have you checked them out?

I figured what better way to kick off a Monday than with a dessert, right?

I was once again one of the Foodbuzz Tastemakers selected to receive Godiva Coffee – one of the flavors I received this time was caramel pecan bark. As a cup of coffee, caramel pecan bark is a medium roast that is just the perfect amount of sweet (not too sweet) from chocolate and toasted pecan flavors.

Like the vanilla coffee fudge bars that came before them, these coffees were destined for more than a cup of coffee – I wanted a decadent dessert.

I love pecans.

Don’t you?

To accentuate the pecan flavored coffee, I wanted to use pecans. Ask me what my favorite dessert is, most often my immediate answer will be cheesecake. Pecans, cheesecake and coffee – decadence in the making.

These bars are rich in flavor and smooth in feel – fluffy creamy and caramely sweet. In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a cheesecake style dessert.

pecan coffee cheesecake bars

vegan, gluten free, dairy free

makes 9-12 bars / slices

crust:

1 cup raw pecans
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup graham crumbs
1/2 cup pecans

Process 1 cup pecans until pecan butter forms (this takes only a couple minutes). Add water and continue processing to a thinner consistency. Add graham crumbs, almost immediately a dough will form. Press into 9 inch springform or 9×9 inch baking dish. Top with a single layer of pecans (about 1/2 cup).

filling:

2 cups raw cashews, soaked
1-2 tablespoons cashew soaking water
1/4 cup agave
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons cream cheese (Tofutti)
1 1/2 tablespoons coffee
1 1/2 tablespoons chia
3 tablespoons warm water

Combine coffee, chia and warm water, set aside. Process cashews and water to a semi creamy consistency. Add agave, lemon juice and cream cheese, blend. Add coffee/chia, blend. Pour / spoon onto crust / pecan layer. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Are you a flavored coffee fan or do you prefer plain coffee flavors? Do you add anything to your coffee, or drink it black?

Comments

girl, we should do a fun blogger swap, I could send you some of these coffees! 😉 I’m a black coffee drinker too…

1. spabettiemom says

Oh…yummo…..like my coffee unflavored with a little milk….and with those pecan cheesecake bars…oh ya, sounds delish…they look so very good. Great pictures…..love the little pumpkins :)

I like my coffee unflavored with a splash of almond milk, or soy milk if almond is unavailable. I LOVE pecans. These bars look tasty; I wish I had one to go with my cup of coffee right now.

3. Laura says

You are on fire my dear!! Another culinary masterpiece. I can’t wait to make these. I’m not a coffee drinker though but I will enjoy these anyway!!!!

thank you, friend! :) you are too sweet. and I’m not much of a coffee drinker either, but in desserts? yes please!

thank you, Tracy!! I’m not a big fan of flavored coffees, for that very reason – hit or miss. I’m not just saying this because Godiva sent me these, but I DO like them. (I wouldn’t have said yes to a second shipment of them, you know?) :) I’m not a big coffee drinker anyway, but I love to cook with it!

Where do you get these recipes? I have never heard of this, but it is absolutely so smart. The filling looks a bit tough for me, but the end result seems pecan-perfect!

I can go black or flavoured. Black if it’s in the morning:) I love Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice, send some, lol.

girl, give me your address! I have enough friends living abroad that I know many favorite things are not available. I am serious, it could be a holiday present to you!

I was thinking of you guys this weekend (brewing!), did you bring your brew supplies with you? 😀

oh, and the recipes? all in my head ! I think of things at the strangest times… the other day I was running at the gym and I had to stop and make a memo in my phone about a recipe idea… then on my way home from the gym I stopped at the market for ingredients… 😉

I love coffee. And pecans. And caramel. …And cheesecake!

I love flavored coffees when it’s a medium or light roast….I’m quite partial to hazelnut, but I am open to anything :)

shhh… I’m not even a big coffee drinker! 😉 although right now I have been drinking more of it, I found a GREAT coffee cart at the hospital ! 😀

I want to try that coffee BUT now it would not seem complete or as good unless it had one of these bars to go with it!

Hope you had a great weekend! xo

aw, Katie I wish I could send you one! better yet, share one WITH you for breakfast – how fun would that be!? I DI have a good weekend, I hope you did too! XO HAPPY TUESDAY

I drink coffee at home with almond milk and a little bit of stevia. I’m kind of addicted to this little combo. When we travel I go with black. Probably because we are at a convention and I’m dead ass tired. Your treat looks delicious and perfect for my cup of joe!

I had to do a double take on the first image to understand what I was looking at. I always like to guess what a recipe is before I look at the title. Call me crazy (wouldn’t be the first time!) I used to love flavored coffee, many, many years ago.

Coffee and pecans? Bliss! My brother-in-law’s family have a pecan orchard, so I always have a massive supply in my freezer – now I know what I’m having for dessert (and dinner?!) tonight. I usually prefer coffee unadulterated + unsweetened with plain soy milk – but with something yummy on the side, like one of these amazing bars!

ohhh yum. these look great, lady. i like my coffee black or just with a little milk/cream. i don’t prefer flavored or sweetened coffee.. but i love eating something sweet alongside coffee– most recently, biscoff cookies.. but these would do the trick!

Mmm, biscoff. and I’m with you – plain coffee, nothing added and no flavors! 😀 flavored coffees make me do this – make desserts!

11. Tamara says

Hi Kristina,

in this recipe, when it calls for coffee, do you mean 1 1/2 tbsp made up coffee (as in liquid?) or 1 1/2 tbsp coffee powder? Cant wait to try this recipe!