rosemary apricot tahini bites

in appetizers, baking, Dessert, Gluten Free, Happy Hour at Home, recipes, snacks, Vegan, Vegan MoFo

I have always wanted to get a second dachshund as a companion for Basil. A girl doxie, and we’d name her Rosemary.

Rosemary is another of my favorite flavors, and Jason loves it too. In fact it makes me think of Jason – he lived on Rosemary Street in college. As cardamom was my spice of the summer, rosemary may be my autumn herb.

Longtime readers know my obsession with chickpea balls and bites, both sweet and savory. Heck, even my new readers are quickly catching on.

My good friend Heather recently made my tomato basil bean balls, and they looked awesome over spaghetti. Another dear friend Kris is like my chickpea partner in crime – constantly thinking of new flavors.

The last creation that Kris made was the inspiration for these. A while ago, she tweeted me about a rosemary raisin pairing, and we talked about sunbutter being a good base with the chickpeas. Her resulting creation looks good!

I’m not a big raisin fan unless they are in oatmeal cookies, although Kris’ cookies do look good. I have been wanting to create a chickpea tahini ball. The rosemary sounded good, and apricot goes well with rosemary for a sweet savory flavor.

What a flavor it is.

rosemary apricot tahini bites

vegan, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free

1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and peeled
2 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon butter (Earth Balance Natural Spread)
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped

3 sprigs rosemary, stripped from stem and chopped
1-2 tablespoons water (optional, as needed)

Rinse and peel chickpeas, add to food processor. Process alone until crumbly/creamy, add tahini and butter, continue to process. Add apricots and rosemary, blend. Add water as needed to make dough. Form into one inch balls and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

These are so good! They have a slight crunch on the exterior, with a soft middle. The apricots provide enough sweet that no added sugars are necessary, and the tahini gives a mild savory goodness. The rosemary is a strong flavor that rounds out the ball (ha!).

I just may have to send some to Kris…

What herb or spice do you use a lot? Do you like sweet and savory combinations?

Do you have a pet, and what’s their name? :D

1 Victoria (District Chocoholic) October 12, 2011 at 5:39 am

Woah, this flavor combination floors me. And MORE CHICKPEA BALLS. I’m in love.

2 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 5:57 am

I knew you’d be excited, Victoria! :D

3 Curt October 12, 2011 at 5:43 am

This sounds really tasty. I’ve never used tahini before. I love the flavor of sesame.

4 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 5:56 am

I’m not sure, but I bet tahini would be a good marinade with some of your grilling? :D

5 katie @KatieDid October 12, 2011 at 5:45 am

Oh my word this is such a creative combo of flavors, and I love every single one. I’m a huge rosemary fan. Also- thyme and sage… I love adding sage and rosemary to autumny dishes, especially winter squash. And tahini- love it!

6 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 5:56 am

thank you, Katie Girl! I’ve been wanting to do a tahini bite for a while, I’m really happy with the result! :D Happy Wednesday! XO

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 12, 2011 at 5:50 am

I love rosemary. I was cooking with it yesterday actually and thinking about how the smell just brings back so many holiday memories. Rosemary is my fall/winter herb and basil is my summer. It’s funny your dog is named basil b/c as a kid when my parents first told us we were getting a dog, I instantly wanted to name it basil! My brother told me it was stupid and he got to pick the name since I picked the dog. Now, my dog’s name is Ginger. Apparently, I have a thing for herbs/spices with my pet’s names ;)

8 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 5:54 am

Gina, that is awesome! I love that you wanted Basil as a kid, and now you have Ginger – aww! (what kind of pup is Ginger?) :D Basil is definitely my summer herb, my favorite (if you couldn’t tell!). The scent of rosemary does that to me too – instantly holiday and cozy cold weather feeling! I think Basil needs a Rosemary, don’t you? :)

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 12, 2011 at 6:03 am

She’s a weimaraner. And yes, Basil definitely needs a Rosemary. ;)

10 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 6:08 am

I love weimaraners!! give Ginger a pet for me, and a *wag wag* from Basil. ;) and thank you… for reinforcing that ;)

11 Jeni Treehugger October 12, 2011 at 5:52 am

These are a thing of beauty! I’d never thought of putting apricot and rosemary together but I can see how they’d totally work, you are a freaking genius girl.
I love sweet and savoury together and one of the herbs or spices I use the mostest (apart from pepper that is ‘cos I put that shatang in everything) would be parsley. That stuff gets added to pretty much all savoury dishes.
I have 3 cats, Boo Radley, Dr Blowfin and Flip Flop.
:-)

12 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 6:06 am

ah, Jeni, your cats have the best names! :D I love them. apricot and rosemary – you must try!! it’s wild. I rarely use parsley… I may need to start?

13 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 12, 2011 at 5:54 am

Could I make these in a VitaMix? And if so, could someone hook me up with a VitaMix? ;)
These look great, Kristina!

14 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 6:03 am

haa – you just made me laugh out loud, my friend - thank you. ;) I bet you could… any blender? if you don’t have a food processor (or a Vita…) ;) you could mash the beans and mix by hand. they’ll have a little different texture but should taste just as awesome.

15 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 12, 2011 at 5:55 am

omg these look sooo good. i love apricots and i bet the pairing w/ the tahini, rosemary and beans is crazy good.

beautiful photos too….just stunning. so light, crisp…perfect kris!

16 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 6:01 am

thank you, Averie! and yes, the flavors are really good together – and I fed them to several people, so it’s not just me and my weird tastes! :D

17 Hally October 12, 2011 at 6:13 am

Spabettie, I love you! I only recently discovered your blog (don’t know how I’ve missed THIS gem for so long) and I’m so in awe of your recipes and pictures. It’s a thing of beauty. I am going to make the tomato basil bean balls tonight and the rosemary apricot bites sound perfect for Thanksgiving time! (P.S. when my husband graduates we might be moving to Portland and I plan on sitting outside your house every day with a pouty face until you agree to cook every meal for me!)

18 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 7:21 am

aw, Yay! this made my day – hi Hally! :D I hope you LOVE the tomato basil bean balls… we make them a lot and loooooove them! I am now reading your blog, I’ve added you to my reader and look forward to getting to know you more. Portland is a beautiful place for anyone, but especially a vegan (have you been here before!?) :D

19 Hally October 12, 2011 at 7:49 am

Yay! Thanks for checking out my blog, that’s great! I haven’t been to Portland yet, but it seems like everyone from my hometown (Tucson) is migrating to Portland lately. We plan on visiting next year to scope it out, I’m pretty sure I’m gonna love it!

20 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 7:54 am

Vegan Wonderland, I tell ya. you will definitely have to let me know when you visit!!

21 Anna @ On Anna's Plate October 12, 2011 at 6:26 am

Yum– what a great combination of flavors!

22 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 7:18 am

thank you, Anna!

23 Nichole October 12, 2011 at 6:47 am

Sweet and savory, that little crunch, I’m hooked!

Expanding the family eh?! Love it, Basil would too.

And you know my baby – trick question!

24 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 7:18 am

I HOPE Basil will love it… maybe skeptical at first, but I think he’d warm up to another.

and I am SO HAPPY Indy has finally joined you, right?? little sweetie <3

25 rachel October 12, 2011 at 6:49 am

this sounds like an interesting flavor combo, i’ll have to give it a try! they look delicious. i love rosemary. i have a big pot of it in my window but i don’t use it nearly enough. i also love using basil. i have two cats, the big one is scratchy and the little one is saffy (full name saffron) :)

26 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 7:17 am

hi Rachel!! ANOTHER pet named after an herb or spice!! :D we have my Basil, hopefully a Rosemary someday, a Ginger, and now a Saffron! I love it. I hope you try these – the flavors are really good!

27 Kris @Krazy_Kris October 12, 2011 at 7:01 am

now, why didn’t I think of that?
I like apricots MUCH more than raisins – ha!
superbamundo!
you are SUCH a doll – these look amazing!
gotta love me some rosemary and sweet goodness.
And uh, Rosemary Lane?
And Rosemary the Doxie?
precious :)
xoxoxo

28 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 7:15 am

you need to try these! if you still have sunflower butter it would work in place of tahini! wouldn’t Rosemary the Doxie be SO cute? Rosie…

29 Heather (Where's the Beach) October 12, 2011 at 7:07 am

First off, thank you for the shout out ;-) Second, those look amazing! And I absolutely love the idea of a companion named Rosemary. Too cute. One day I will have a chocolate cocker named Charlie (as in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

30 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 7:14 am

you are so welcome, dear. I am glad you finally made them! :D aww! I love Charlie the Chocolate Cocker!! :D

31 Laura October 12, 2011 at 7:42 am

OMG!! I feel so sinful just reading your posts and looking at the pictures. I do not have enough time to make all these but am going to have to find a way b/c the serious yumminess that you create is just mouthwatering. I bet even my kids would eat most of them, too, a huge bonus. I think I’m going to just find the time to cook on Sunday!!!
We have two dogs, both lab mixes. Gus, is a big lab/shar pei mix w/ a blue tongue. Bella is a mismatched girl, lab body, beagle head and legs but lab feet. She is the sweetest dog ever!!! They love each other so much, its so cute to watch them. Usually gives me a toothache! lol

32 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 7:56 am

aw, I love when dogs are sweet to each other… I really want a second one and want them to be that way too! :D pets are just so awesome.

I hope you find time to cook this weekend – you’ll have to let me know if you make anything of mine and if they do indeed pass the all-important Kid Test! :)

33 Missy October 12, 2011 at 8:23 am

Aw, man! These are the my kind of balls! Err…I mean, bites.
For real. LOVE apricot and LOVE rosemary. Never thought to pair the two! I know what I will be doing this weekend. (It is high time they just start selling pre-peeled Chickadees).

I will also most likely be having a peanut butter and apricot jam wrap with rosemary.

34 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

GIRL, you said it!! it is definitely worth peeling those little buggers, but whew it takes a while! :D I hope you make these – let me know how you like them! xo

35 Teniesha @ Vegan on the Go-Go October 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

These sound so fabulously unique and flavourful! I may just have to make them this weekend! :D

36 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 10:14 am

thank you, Teniesha! I hope you do – let me know how you like them? :D and have a great weekend!

37 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 12, 2011 at 11:01 am

I can’t do sweet and savory, but these do look good! Rosemary is my all time favorite herb! All four of us love it here!

We have two cats…they are brother and sister…Luke and Leia. Yes, we are that big of dorks!

38 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 6:12 pm

oh my GOSH, did I know this!? if possible, I love you nerds even more!! :D

39 spabettiemom October 13, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hi Sarena~…Well; we have two dachshunds and also they are brothers…named Jake and Elwood (Blues Brothers)…so I guess the secret is out…we are nerds too…but then my daughter already knew that..!!!HeeHee

40 Susan (Oliepants) October 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm

You know you really do have a way with flavor combinations. I love rosemary in snacks and this looks divine – especially with the tahini.

41 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 6:11 pm

thank you so much, Susan! :) we love rosemary… and yes, with tahini and apricot? GREAT snack!

42 natalie (the sweets life) October 12, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I am so intrigued by this flavor–and I always want to find ways to use up my giant jar of tahini. I’m hoping I have time to make these in the next few week :)

I don’t have many flavor combinations that I DON’T like…I’m a pretty all inclusive eater ;)

43 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 6:09 pm

all inclusive – I like that! :D I hope you make these, Natalie, they are GOOOOD! that tahini lasts a long time, doesn’t it? :D

44 Genevieve October 12, 2011 at 1:39 pm

These look so good, I just want to pop one in my mouth right now! I FINALLY just ordered a good food processor, so I can start bookmarking recipes that call for one instead of having to dismiss them…this recipe will definitely be at the top of my list to try once it arrives!

45 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 6:03 pm

hi Genevieve! congrats on the processor – I use mine all the time! I would be honored if a recipe of mine is the first! ;) let me know how it goes, have fun!!

46 Genevieve October 25, 2011 at 9:52 am

I just made these last night and they turned out perfect! I love the flavour, and they are so cute too! I ate them both cold and warmed up, and I liked them both ways. Thanks for the great recipe!

47 spabettie October 26, 2011 at 10:08 am

you are so welcome, Genevieve!! thank you for letting me know – and yes, warm or cold, we enjoy them too!

48 Vanessa October 12, 2011 at 1:41 pm

my mind is blown. this is so creative! i have to try them. what a unique flavor combination. kudos! =)

49 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 5:59 pm

thanks, Vanessa! :D I hope you do try them – they are pretty dang tasty! cheers!

50 Rande McDaniel October 12, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I have a hairless feline named Dorian :D and we’re big fans of rosemary around here, those sound absolutely fantastic!

51 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm

aw, Dorian! :D glad you like the rosemary too – rosemary and apricot really pairs well together! :D

52 Dinner at Christina's October 12, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Oh these look and sound delicious! Like a kicked up falafel!

I have a dog named Corky and a cat named Poe!

53 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I knew Corky, I don’t know if I knew Poe? love that name! :D

54 Gourmantine October 12, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I love the idea of pairing tahini with rosemary. These look so perfect to be served at parties! :)

55 spabettie October 12, 2011 at 5:54 pm

they would be – because they are good warm or cold – a QUICK make ahead food! :D

56 Pure2raw twins October 12, 2011 at 6:06 pm

yum! love the idea of tahini with rosemary and apricots, a little sweet and savory!!

I personally do have pets my two older sisters do!

57 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons October 12, 2011 at 6:20 pm

oh. my . god.

GENIUS!!!!! making this so fast! once i get tahini! MUST buy tahini!

58 Sook @ My Fabulous Recipes October 12, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Mmmm those little balls look so cute and delicious!

59 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 7:55 am

thanks, Sook! :) they really are…

60 Shirley @ gfe October 13, 2011 at 4:02 am

I know we all wish that we could just reach through the screen and taste all your creations! I’m dying to try this one, but don’t know if I actually want to make it. ;-) Looks fabulous though. The apricot factor makes them look cheesy, so I’m sure I’d be surprised after biting into one, even though I know it’s not cheese. Know what I mean?

xo,
Shirley

61 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 7:51 am

it’s funny you say that, Shirley! every time I look at the photos, especially the top one here, I think it looks like cheese too – reminds me of a cheesy biscuit

sharing via computer screen – wouldn’t that be something, if it were that easy to share these?? if anyone would think of that it would be a food writer! ;) Happy Weekend!

62 Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free October 13, 2011 at 8:06 am

These look amazing! I am loving this flavor combo! Rosemary is so savory, and the apricots add the perfect punch. Combined with tahini, I bet it is amazing!

63 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 7:48 am

yes, you are so right about the apricot “punch” ! they have such great flavor, and it’s all the sweet you need. I am so very happy with this combination…

64 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 13, 2011 at 10:44 am

Such a great idea! I love rosemary as well. This reminds me of a butternut squash “hummus” I made with rosemary and tahini. Dried figs would probably be awesome in these too!

My other favorite thing is to add heat to dishes with red pepper flakes or ancho, or paprika.

65 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 7:47 am

yes – I have made a fig ball, haven’t shared yet ;) dates are good too. your butternut squash hummus sounds GOOD!

have a great weekend, Laura!

66 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty October 13, 2011 at 11:23 am

This really does sound good. Apricot and rosemary, yes I like it!! :)

67 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 7:44 am

thanks, Jess! they are unique, but the flavors REALLY go well together! :)

68 Julie Lynn October 13, 2011 at 7:21 pm

So very clever! Love the concept of the varied & rather unusual flavors. Marking this as a “must try” :-)

69 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 7:40 am

thank you, Julie! I hope you love them – let me know! happy Friday and have a great weekend!

70 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com October 13, 2011 at 8:05 pm

How do you do it?! Every recipe of yours is truly amazing!

71 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 7:39 am

AW! thank you, sweet girl. Happy Friday!!

72 Amanda October 13, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I love sweet and savory flavors, especially paired together. These balls look fantastic. I’m not crazy about tahini, but I keep trying it in things, you know, just in case this time is the time I finally like it.

I have an adopted Russian Blue kitty baby and her name is Miso. Sweet Miso.

73 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 7:39 am

aww, Miso! I love that. you could replace the tahini with a mild nut butter, or sunflower seed butter? the tahini is really just a hint of flavor here, you might like it! :)

74 Kath (My Funny Little Life) October 14, 2011 at 9:16 am

Yes! Absolutely! Apricots go so well with savory spices like rosemary or thyme!

75 spabettie October 14, 2011 at 10:27 am

yay! that seems to be a common fact that I really didn’t know about – but I have a feeling I’ll be pairing them more often now.

76 Lou October 14, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Yum! I am so making these, I love apricot flavoured anything, especially when combined with tahini (tahini+ apricot jam on toast = favourite!) Love sweet/savoury combos, it’s that balance between the two that makes it so delicious. I use a lot of cumin, and any kind of fresh herb I can get my hands on – cilantro, mint, anything! Have you tried authentic unsulphured turkish dried apricots? They are amazing – almost a caramel flavour (they are brown so not so attractive) but so sweet and gooey – great in desserts.

77 spabettie October 17, 2011 at 10:27 am

I don’t know if I have tried turkish apricots, but now I want to!! :) I will look for them… I hope you do make these, and you’ll have to let me know how you like them!

78 Jenna October 14, 2011 at 2:45 pm

wow!!! I cant wait to try these, I made your chickpea cookies once and they were good, the flavors here sound interesting!

79 Kayla October 15, 2011 at 9:07 am

awesome!! your photos are gorgeous and these flavors sound rich and wonderful – bookmarking to try!!

80 spabettie October 17, 2011 at 10:16 am

thanks, Kayla! I hope you love them!

81 Katie October 15, 2011 at 10:38 am

Oh my god, those are beautiful and they sound awesome!

82 spabettie October 17, 2011 at 10:15 am

thank you, Katie! the flavors are really unique, we LOVE them!

83 celyn October 15, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Whoa, beautiful. I am not even crazy for sweets, and I want to make these right now! I have an orange kitty named Lady Marmalade.

84 spabettie October 17, 2011 at 10:13 am

I’m not a BIG sweets person either, Celyn, but these are sweet in a subtle way, you know? the apricots give the sweetness but it’s natural… and they have savory flavors too, you might like them! :)

85 Sarah October 16, 2011 at 4:45 am

these flavors are amazing! I love the tahini with the apricot. I added less rosemary because I am not a big fan (I know..). I really like your recipes, you are very creative with ingredients!

86 hihorosie October 17, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Ooh, what an interesting combination of flavors! They look so pretty and so good. I really need to start experimenting with chickpeas more.

87 spabettie October 18, 2011 at 7:02 am

you know I’ve got several options if you want to cook with them… :)

88 Anna Doddridge October 18, 2011 at 10:05 am

I am just getting ready to make these and I’m super excited! I don’t have a food processor, so I will be mashing the chickpeas by hand. I’ll post back with my results. Thanks for the inspiring recipe!

89 spabettie October 18, 2011 at 10:12 am

oh, good! can’t wait to hear how they turn out! they will be a different texture, I imagine, but should taste the same… enjoy! :D

90 Allison October 25, 2011 at 9:02 am

I love the idea of these, and they DO look like a cheese biscuit….. the flavors will be perfect together, great job!!!

91 spabettie October 26, 2011 at 10:10 am

thank you, Allison! so many people are saying it looks like cheese! :D

92 Melissa October 25, 2011 at 2:19 pm

my friend made these and I tried to take them all home!! I love these, and now I love your website too! just spent a while looking around and was so distracted (like by shiny beautiful things – your photos are gorgeous and recipes delectable!!!) I forgot I came here to tell you I love this recipe! thank you!

93 spabettie October 26, 2011 at 9:44 am

haa – I know that distraction all too well. ;) happy to hear you like it here, even if it’s a distraction ;) glad you liked these, they’re one of our favorite variations!

94 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli October 27, 2011 at 8:03 pm

What a flavor combination! I’m intrigued. Now I just need to get some rosemary…

I probably use cinnamon the most (since I tend to dump about 1/2 a tablespoon in just about anything I make for breakfast) but I love using smoked paprika in my savory meals. It’s the only thing I need on a plate of roasted veggies…well that and maybe some sunbutter!

95 spabettie October 27, 2011 at 10:31 pm

these are REALLY so good… the rosemary and apricot are awesome friends. Mmm, roasted veggies and sunbutter are awesome friends too… :D

96 Heidi October 30, 2011 at 7:22 am

always a treat when I come here, where do you come up with all of these??? so creative and unique, one of my favorite blogs for “new” recipes!!

97 spabettie November 1, 2011 at 9:43 am

thank you, Heidi!! so happy to hear that! cheers!

98 baobabs November 3, 2011 at 12:37 am

OH MY!! this looks amazing!!!!! and i didn’t know about rosemary and apricot combination!! thanks for sharing!!!

99 spabettie November 3, 2011 at 8:41 am

you are so welcome, I hope you try this one, it’s GOOD! :)

100 Nada (One Arab Vegan) November 3, 2011 at 9:51 am

These sound incredible! Would make a great party dish (not that I host many dinner parties being a university student, but still :) ) Bookmarked to try soon.

101 Sondi November 5, 2011 at 3:43 pm

These look so interesting! When you say one can of chickpeas, what size is that? How many ounces?

102 Caitlin November 9, 2011 at 12:24 pm

These sound amazing! I am going to make them tonight. Can you recommend what to pair them with for a meal?

103 spabettie November 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm

hi Caitlin! I have not had these as part of a meal, but I don’t see why they couldn’t top a big salad (especially warm, maybe crumbled or smaller size). since they have the sweet and savory thing happening, all I am thinking of is a salad of some sort – or in a salad wrap, with more tahini sauce on top. maybe I am just craving a salad? I hope that helps, and I hope you like them!

104 Caitlin November 10, 2011 at 2:12 pm

That sounds delicious thanks :) I will let you know if I come up with something good!

105 spabettie November 10, 2011 at 5:42 pm

please do, Caitlin! I would love to know how you like them! Cheers!

106 Vanessa M. November 16, 2011 at 8:40 am

Just made these – they are DELICIOUS. I’ll definitely be making these again!

107 spabettie November 16, 2011 at 10:04 am

thanks, Vanessa! so happy you liked them!

108 Vanessa M. November 16, 2011 at 12:26 pm

LOL, I take it back – they’re AMAZING. I ate the entire pan in a half hour of having made them. My husband was sad to only get two, considering I originally made them for him (he hates most desserts because they’re too sweet for him) and the availability of being able to safely feed it to our baby. Our daughter loved the little bites I gave her, too. I guess I’m making a double/triple batch next time!

109 spabettie November 16, 2011 at 4:57 pm

aw, thank you!! that makes me SO happy! I’m so glad you found something that the husband likes, I know the feeling of wanting something naturally sweet, not sugary sweet! and so happy your daughter is enjoying them as well! a big win all around! thanks for making me smile!

110 Samantha November 18, 2011 at 2:34 pm

these are INCREDIBLE! we love them, and I love this site, you are so creative! thanks!

111 Abbey Brown November 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I love these flavors, your recipes are unique, thank you!! will be making again!

112 spabettie November 20, 2011 at 10:08 am

thanks, Abbey! glad you enjoyed.

113 Sage November 22, 2011 at 10:34 am

so creative, I can’t wait to make these Kris! great job!

114 spabettie November 23, 2011 at 9:56 pm

thank you, Sage!! <3

115 Sarah November 23, 2011 at 2:23 am

these look amazing, I am making some for tomorrow’s appetizers! happy turkey (tofurkey?) day!!

116 spabettie November 23, 2011 at 9:46 pm

happy Turkey Day, Sarah!!

117 Pat December 2, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I always like your recipes, this one I know I will! thank you so much.

118 Rico December 21, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I made these for an event tonite, they were gone right after I walked in the door! :D thank you, they are delicious!

119 Phil R December 30, 2011 at 2:42 am

I made these today, very very good!

120 Richelle January 4, 2012 at 5:21 am

this is my favorite snack lately, I have made several batches and dont see that ending soon LOL! the flavors are great, thank you!!

121 spabettie January 4, 2012 at 11:17 am

hi Richelle, I am so happy you like these – thanks for letting me know!

122 Tilson Tillie January 28, 2012 at 6:50 am

I made these this morning, we love them! you’re right, so bright! I love the flavors, they remind of spring. thank you!

123 spabettie January 28, 2012 at 11:07 am

thanks, Tilson! these are one of our favorites too, the bright flavors! :) I hope it doesn’t offend you to tell you I have named my car Tillie! I love the name, at any rate.

124 Cath February 7, 2012 at 12:01 pm

lovely flavors, I make these all the time, thank you!

125 Sarah March 13, 2012 at 3:58 pm

these are the tastiest freshest greatest treat!! thanks for an easy and awesome recipe my kids love them too.

126 Alta April 17, 2012 at 8:22 am

These look absolutely delightful. Love rosemary. :)

127 spabettie April 18, 2012 at 2:49 pm

thank you Alta! this is one of my favorites too.

128 Christin@purplebirdblog May 14, 2012 at 8:55 am

ROSEMARY AND BASIL! Yay for pup sisters!

I want my next duo of dogs to be Cashew and Pistachio… Cash and Stash for short ;)

129 spabettie May 14, 2012 at 10:32 am

Cash and Stash – SO darn cute.

130 mjskit November 8, 2012 at 9:43 am

These are awesome! I think they might be a Thanksgiving appetizer!

131 spabettie November 8, 2012 at 5:44 pm

thank you! this is one of my favorites, and always well liked!

132 Beth November 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I took these to a potluck party yesterday, and now know the next time I make them which will be soon!! I will make at least a double batch LOL! they were popular and very good, thankyou!!

133 spabettie November 11, 2012 at 11:05 am

thank you, Beth – so happy to hear this – we love these too. Cheers!

134 NenisQ February 4, 2013 at 11:26 am

Hi I love your blog!! and this recipe of wonderful, I all ready try it and love it, I’m planing on making them for a wedding, do you know if I can make them in advance and how long they last??, my family did not give me the chance to save some and find out jijijiji they eat the all batches.

135 Kristina Sloggett February 5, 2013 at 8:47 am

hi Nenis!

so happy everyone likes these! I have frozen these before – without knowing how many you are making, I’d say you could freeze them for a short time before the wedding? as you know they are fairly quick to make, so if it were me, I would make them a week ahead or so?

136 Coleen March 20, 2013 at 10:25 pm

These were yummy! Thank you – would you mind if I linked you and posted this recipe on my website and FB page? these were GReat!

137 Avigail November 3, 2013 at 7:51 am

Hey, these look awesome, but could someone please tell me what size\weight can of chickpeas is used?
Thanks!

138 Kristina Sloggett November 3, 2013 at 5:04 pm

hi Avigail, I have updated the recipe to be more clear – it is a 15 ounce can (almost 2 cups). thanks, enjoy! Kristina