weekend at the Oregon coast

Bad news out first – I didn’t get to audition. Random lottery picks are probably the easiest for the process, but the chances you actually get onstage are incredibly low. Well. As a wise friend said, it’s likely not my last time trying.

It was great fun to watch others audition again, so much energy in that room! To make up for the bummer of not being chosen, this weekend was also a short birthday trip – with an ocean front condo steps to the sand, and a spectacularly (and unseasonably?) warm Oregon coast weekend. The top photo is the view from our room, on a beautiful Friday afternoon.

Patriotic kites were flying,

as well as two massive flags!

God Bless America

and beautiful sunsets.

I found a place with fresh juice, a restaurant to get a fresh salad, a coffee window serving Stumptown, and several things to bring home from the Under Armor and Loft outlets. Happy Birthday to me.

I love the light house on our patio.

Each morning,Β our normal alarm clockΒ was replaced by squawking seagulls.

I brought crackers just for the occasion.

Birds wondered what a spabettie is.

One bird took a particular liking to me.

um, can you guess which one?

how about now?

Cutie came right up to me.

Happy Birthday to me.

Comments

oh, yes, my friend… I know! this weekend was perfect – warm and sunny! perhaps not warm enough for Heather style beachin‘ but it was good! πŸ˜€

thank you, Averie! yep – I’ll just keep trying until I get up there – it would be SO fun to go on that show! πŸ˜€

thank you, dear friend! yeah, even though Wheel didn’t turn out for me, we had fun watching the rest of them audition… and the weekend at the beach was perfect! πŸ˜€

hahaha – LOVE THOSE BIRDS! Happy Birthday, Kris! I’m so glad you had a weekend birthday escape – such beautiful photos. Enjoy every minute of your day!!!!!!!!!

I knew you would like them, my friend. kinda cute, right? πŸ˜€ and thank you – I SO wish I was there to celebrate with you all! because YOU’RE NEXT! πŸ˜€

Happy birthday to you indeed! What a great way to spend it at the coast! Where on the Oregon coast did you visit?

p.s. The ocean at the Oregon coast once drowned my iPhone. Just sayin.

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!! The Oregon coast is SOOOO beautiful. Were you at Canon Beach? OMG…that gull is HILARIOUS! (just like the ones in “Finding Nemo”) Hope the rest of your special day is wonderful, and that the year ahead brings you all that you wish for.

thank you, Roz!! I always love the coast, even when it’s stormy – but this weekend was so warm and … just perfect! we went to Lincoln City – one of our favorites. the seagulls there have the best personalities πŸ˜‰

Happy Birthday Kristina! Hope you had a lovely weekend, the pictures are beautiful.

This is going to sound really odd, but I never thought of Oregon as having a beach and shore. It makes sense, being on the Pacific coast, but it took this post for me to realize that! The sandbar looks fantastic.

thank you, Jared! yep – Oregon’s coast is about an hour and a half drive from Portland, going almost exactly West. glad I could be the one to teach you something today – my day is complete! πŸ˜€

5. spabettiemom says

Happy Birthday Sweetie~ Oh I miss the beach and of course the birds; you know how I love the birds….We loved having Basil stay with us while you you trying at Wheel…Boo….I just know I’ll see you on there one day tho’…weeee…Loved spending the day we you yesterday…so
    much fun!!!Enjoy your special day, see ya soon..Love & hugs & licks from Mom and “the boys” wag wag..

thank you Mom!! πŸ˜€ I knew you’d love these birds! I had a GREAT time yesterday – so nice to just spend the day – we always have fun! love you!

hee hee – I know some people think birds in general are creepy… I love to feed the seagulls, though. I’ve never had one just walk on up to me though – funny! I thought this little guy was cute. πŸ˜€

6. Laura says

What a great way to spend a birthday and listening to Jackie!!! I bet the tapes have some great stuff!!! I’ll have to listen to them, too!!!

thank you!! πŸ˜€ and yes, I can act as your virtual tour guide until you are able to visit Oregon – which I hope you are able to one day… it really is beautiful!

I love your photos β€” especially the friendly bird ones. A few years ago we did an Oregon Coast trip and it was beautiful. I’d love to vacation there again.

thank you, Andrea! I feel pretty spoiled to be about 90 minutes away from the coast – I love it there!

I hope you get to return sometime soon!

Wow, those flags are so big, they don’t look real! Great photos. Who knew seagulls could look so cute? πŸ˜‰ Love the lighthouse, too! Happy, happy birthday, dear! May you have a year filled with all that’s good! :-)

xo,
    Shirley

I know, the flags were a total surprise – I walked out onto the patio after being inside only a few minutes and there they were! actually I watched as they got the second one flying – pretty neat. aren’t the gulls cute!? they kept me entertained all weekend.

thank you so much, dear friend! I had a very happy birthday – now it’s time to start counting backwards! πŸ˜€

aren’t they sweet? :)

and really, the absence of a flag is strange to me. interesting perspective I never really think about.

happy (rather belated) birthday! Glad to see it was a beautiful weekend – gotta love the OR coast! Seagulls are funny little birds…great shots.

So bummed about the audition (or lack thereof). Next time right?