the Kennedys

there goes my afternoon. can I listen to the recordings while I read the book?

if you know me, you know my fascination for all things Kennedy.

earlier this week, Caroline Kennedy released historical recordings that were to be unavailable for decades. more than eight hours of interviews with Jacqueline Kennedy, just four months after President Kennedy’s assassination.

and thanks to an early birthday gift, I already have them. and a plan for my Friday afternoon.

Happy Friday! any fun plans this weekend?

Comments

Nice, have a fun afternoon with that! I’m in class now and settling in to watch Tree of Life with a friend this evening before heading out. It won the Canne film festival and is supposed to be amazing!

I love that era too – and who was connected to whom. I didn’t get into history until I was out of school, unfortunately. πŸ˜‰

2. Laura says

My plan is to come to your house to read and listen w/ you!!! What a great plan!! I’m hoping for movie night and lots of laundry putting away!! Big 11 mile run tomorrow morning!
    I’m a history buff, too but aim more for the founders!!

I watched the Diane Sawyer program the other day that included an interview with Caroline and several parts of these recordings. I was alive during ‘Camelot’ albeit very young but the tragedy of President Kennedy’s death was palpable.

Even in the snippets we heard, there were some surprises…and loved her bluntness about some of the heads of state and her obvious affection for her husband, flawed as he was in their marriage.

Enjoy.

Happy weekend!
    I spent all day at a wellness fair…and it was a huge success, so I’m happy (and tired). I’d like to curl up with a book for the evening but I think my nephew is showing up momentarily and that means I’ll be bike riding and playing games (so I’m happy with that too)!

sounds like a great weekend, Lisa B! happy the wellness fair went well, hope you had a great time playing with your nephew! :)

I just might review! we listened to several on the way to the beach, and then on the way home I needed upbeat music to drive to – Jackie’s sweet voice was too soothing and I was tired! πŸ˜‰ I’m on the second day of recordings – out of seven or eight? πŸ˜€

impressive example of bad luck INDEED. so much tragedy in one family. oh, no – but you know what? I’ll never forget your birthday now… :) (positive in everything, right?)