happy anniversary, Basil

Yesterday was our third anniversary of bringing Basil home. September 19, 2008 we adopted this sweetie through Oregon Dachshund Rescue.

He had been living with a foster family, and after a long week of application process, he was ours!

As Basil is known for his fun Halloween costumes, we celebrated with a new one. This year he will be a turtle.

Such a cute turtle.

Sometimes he loses his shell.

Do your pets have costumes or clothes?Β

Comments

hahhaaha – seriously hilarious/heart-breaking photos of that tiny face peeping through the turtle headpiece. I <3 him. Happiest 3 years of your life, right?? Happy Anniversary to Basil!

If that isn’t the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen–I don’t know what is.

I put my cat in a sweater once. I will never torture him in such ways again. But it was hilarious.

Happy 3 years to the date where you brought him into your lives!

He is SO lucky to have good parents like you guys!

LOVE the turtle costume, lol! So cute!! I love that he doesn’t mind when you dress him up either!

Have a great day! xoxo <3

thank you, Katie! I think he’s lucky (and so are we!). He has some quirks (and the longer he is with us the less they are evident) that make me think he didn’t have a happy life before us. breaks my heart! I’m so happy we found him…

Although I’ve never met Basil in person, I can tell he is just the sweetest boy!!! Oh my gosh his face just makes me melt.

That turtle costume is too much. My sister told me they have a great costume idea for their bulldog but she hasn’t told me yet. Either way he’ll look adorable.

totally. I’m so used to the Basil Side Eye. πŸ˜‰ he doesn’t run away when I pick up the costume, so to me that means he likes it. πŸ˜€ that’s what I’m rollin’ with, anyway.

Happy Basil Day! (That’s what I think we should call his anniversary from now on.)

And seriously, I don’t think he could look ANY cuter in that turtle costume! Basil is just ridiculously cute! I think Dottie would claw my eyes out if we tried to dress her up…we’re lucky we can get her into a jacket in the winter!

thank you πŸ˜‰ I imagine kitties would be a much bigger challenge to get any clothing on – I had a cat in college and never even tried!

isn’t he just so cute with the head of the costume only? πŸ˜€ I put that on him when Jason came home from work the other day – he ran outside with just the head and I was laughing… :)

6. megan (the long-winded one) says

My dogs have two bins full of clothes under our bed, one for spring/summer and one for fall/winter…the spring/summer one also has all their random costumes. One year I made the two bigger guys into Christmas trees and the micro-schnauzer ended up being a present (complete with bow). I am proudly *that* dog owner. My husband is out of town this week and our dachshund concoction, Inca, has turned into Miss Pouty Pants…the only thing that snapper her out of her funk was the new shirt I bought her from Old Navy yesterday. She’s an 18-24 months and oh my goodness they have so much Hello Kitty right now for Halloween I just couldn’t resist.

Happy Anniversary to you and Basil! Furkids are incredible and I know your guy makes your life as awesome as my kids make mine =)

Basil wants to come play! πŸ˜€ I love that you have seasonal clothes for them… and glad Inca was able to smile… I TOTALLY know how that is – when Jason goes out of town Basil is just beside himself. and we do not sleep.

yep – I know you know. Basil means SO much to us. they add so much to our days, I know you know that! :)

Happy anniversary Basil!

I feel like Basil and I have a special connection :)

Love the costume…no pets here, so I can only dress up my nephew–he’s not as into it now that he’s almost 8!

you DO have a connection, most definitely! I love that! πŸ˜€ and don’t worry, give the nephew a few more years, he’ll probably be into it again? I know I LOVE to dress up on Halloween! πŸ˜€

oh, janetha, you don’t know how happy I am to have found him! he is absolutely the sweetest pup I’ve ever seen, and I’ve had quite a few sweet pups! πŸ˜€

• says

I had a german shepard, but he died on my birthday when I was only 7 years old. It broke my heart, and ever since, I can’t see myself getting another pet. Heck, I get very uneasy around other pets. Guess that incident left a huge and deep scar, huh?! Anyhow, I am sure Basil brings loads of joy to anyone he surrounds πŸ˜€

oh, sweetie, I am so sorry! I know how that is, I have lost a few precious pets. big (( hugs )) to you, my friend! xo

So, so cute!!! I love Basil! Roosevelt has a new Halloween costume – and he hates it with ever doxie bone in his body! I have new pics of him in it on my blog. He’s a doxie-shark. :) When I put it on him, he freezes and won’t move until I take it off. Such a disappointment because he has a doxie Halloween party in October! He will just have to go as himself again this year I guess…But perhaps I’ll give it one more try and get him a turtle costume as well! :)

shark!! did you get it from Target??! I saw that one, it was between this and that, really! oh, MY I would LOVE to go to that doxie party!!

Roosevelt is now part of my doxie page! πŸ˜€

• says

Yes – it’s from Target! The doxie parties are hilarious! There are usually 30 – 40 doxies running around. I will try to post pics afterward (the party is Oct 16th) but it’s so hard to get good shots because they are all running around!

Roosevelt is sooo honored to have made the doxie page! You totally made our day! :)

oh, good! glad to have Roosevelt here! πŸ˜‰

it’s funny to imagine THAT MANY doxies running around! my parents have two, and when we visit and bring Basil, having THREE running around is so funny… I would love to see photos of that party!

I am, right now! πŸ˜€ isn’t he the sweetest? I’m sure happy we found him. have you seen Raising Arizona? I always say to Jason “we got the best one” πŸ˜‰

I just wanted to say how much I love Doxies and how cute yours is! I live in a no-pet building for now, but I’m hoping I might be able to have one again someday. Peanut, my dear departed mini dachshund, hated any type of “clothing” but was awesome anyway. :-) I would have loved to dress him up like that!

aw, sweet Peanut! :) Basil is pretty patient with me – but I try to keep most of his clothes pretty functional. good to meet another doxie friend! :)

I just cannot help myself, Brittney. he doesn’t openly mind them, so that’s my green light to get new ones each year… kisses and wags back to you both! Basil says Hi Clyde! XO

I agree – Basil is so very sweet, and extremely loyal… I try not to think of his sad life (a few indications it was not good) before us – just breaks my heart! so happy we have him now.