fennel & beet blend

Did you know fennel root is heart shaped?

I juiced this licorice flavored vegetable with our juice this morning – continuing with the unique flavors we are enjoying lately.

I juiced the four stalks and part of the bulb, giving the juice a fresh spicy flavor. It produces a fair amount of liquid, similar to celery, and makes the kitchen smell great. While there are several health benefits of fennel, in powder and essential oil form, I wanted to see if the licorice flavor would be prevalent.

It was, and we liked it!

fennel & beet blend

serves two

4 stalks + 1/4 bulb fennel
2 large romaine
6 carrots
2 beets
1 tree broccoli
1 small piece ginger

Juice and enjoy!

Are you a fan of licorice or anise flavors?Β

Comments

hi Jason!! oh boy do I know what you mean! it sometimes gets monotonous, yes? CONGRATS on 15 days, I hope you’re feeling GREAT like we were!!

haa – yeah, maybe replace the beet with an apple for him!? πŸ˜€ I really like the veggie flavors, so to me this was good… but I totally get that others may not!

Never had fennel! I love that its heart shaped : )

the pic of all your veggies lined up to be juiced is AMAZING! The colors and the clarity of that pic, so beautiful!!

Happy Wednesday! xoxo <3

HEARTS! You know I love this. Those things aren’t a coincidence – they are a reminder to celebrate LOVE. Like the love leaves I found on my walk a few weeks ago. Nature is amazing. :)

licorice isn’t one of my favorites, but the fennel flavor is light and fresh – I want to try cooking with it more!

I probably wouldn’t have noticed either, but I chopped off the “end” piece to throw out… and oh, look, a heart! πŸ˜€

I never ever thought that I would like the taste of fennel until I had it in a salad at a restaurant this past weekend. It was a variation of “beets and heat” with golden beats, goat cheese and fennel drizzled with a honey tabasco! Very different, but VERY delicious!

You REALLY make me want to go buy a juicer! Ughhhhh!

in answer to your question: no. I try though, does that count? Love the hearts – didn’t know that about fennel. Your juice looks awesome. Like the color of ruby grapefruit.