Marcona Almond Butter is like a GROWN UP version of almond butter – rich, incomparable flavor that will make you want to hide the jar in the back of the refrigerator…
I don’t know what took me so long. You know I love my marcona almonds. Their flavor is distinct and incomparable.
A Spanish almond roasted in olive oil and salted, Marcona almonds have a smooth texture and amazing flavor. They offer the same nutritional benefit as regular almonds, including cholesterol lowering phytosterols and a good amount of fiber and protein.
and now they make up my favorite nut butter.
Marcona Almond Butter
makes about 1 1/2 cups
2 cups Marcona almonds (reserve 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
pinch sea salt (optional)
In food processor or high powered blender, process 1 3/4 cups almonds until creamy, stopping to scrape sides, about 9-12 minutes total. Add oil as needed (I did not need to). Chop 1/4 cup almonds and mix in for a crunchy nut butter. Store in fridge in sealed container.
chocolate (add 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate)
salted maple (add 1/4 cup maple syrup)
Safe to say this is my new favorite nut butter.
“Plain” flavor is amazing – salty creamy amazing.
The dark chocolate flavor is like a grown up peanut butter cup, and the salted maple is like buttery caramel.
I now have three jars in my fridge. I’ve been enjoying marcona butter on celery, on homemade juice pulp crackers, on a spoon…
Have you tasted Marcona almonds? What is your favorite nut?
printable Marcona Almond Butter recipe:
- 2 cups Marcona almonds (reserve ¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- pinch sea salt (optional)
- In food processor or high powered blender, process 1¾ cups almonds until creamy, stopping to scrape sides, about 9-12 minutes total. Add oil as needed (I did not need to).
- Chop ¼ cup almonds and mix in for a crunchy nut butter. Store in fridge in sealed container.
- flavor variations:
- chocolate (add ½ cup chopped dark chocolate)
- salted maple (add ¼ cup maple syrup)