blackberry cheesecake ice cream

You might recall the new york cheesecake I made last month? Before I created it I had big plans for that cheesecake. Plans that turned into something crazy tasty.

The fresh blackberries from the farmers market are so tart – sweet right now, and are a perfect companion to the creamy rich cheesecake as they float around in this velvety vanilla ice cream. The graham crust of the cheesecake takes it over the top.

blackberry cheesecake ice cream

vegan, gluten free, dairy free

1 cup fresh blackberries
2 slices cheesecake

1 cup non dairy creamer
2 cups non dairy milk
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 tablespoon NuNaturals More Fiber™ Baking Blend™
1 tablespoon tapioca flour

Mix 1/4 cup creamer with tapioca flour, stir until blended and set aside. Combine remaining creamer, milk, vanilla and morefiber in saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add tapioca mixture and combine. Place in fridge to cool completely – at least one hour.

Meanwhile, cut cheesecake into small bite size pieces. Then cut more to replace the pieces you ate.

Pour ice cream base into maker and prepare according to manufacturer directions. Add blackberries and cheesecake pieces in the last couple minutes, after ice cream has formed, continue to churn. Transfer to freezer to firm – several hours to overnight.

I couldn’t wait that long. I had to try some after only a few minutes – just as long as it took me to clean my ice cream maker.

The other half of this cheesecake is currently tucked away in the freezer. What kind of ice cream should I make next?

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Stopppp it!! Blackberries are my favorite fruit! (this changes seasonally) I had a blackberry cocktail at HLS this weekend that was literally like drinking crushed blackberries. I can only imagine how delicious blackberry cheesecake ice cream would taste.

This was one of those “holy crap” recipes for me. I cannot get over how delicious that looks! And you say you have more cheesecake you don’t know what to do with? Oh man, I’d do baked cinnamon apple cheesecake ice cream. Or, you know, just eat the delicious cheesecake! :)

oooh to the cinnamon apple cheesecake ice cream – that sounds fantastic. a perfect fall dessert.

and yeah, it was pretty much a “holy crap” recipe for me too. 😉

ooh, me too. I used to LOVE Tillamook Dairy’s chocolate peanut butter – rich chocolate ice cream with ribbons of peanut butter swirled through…

I asked my WW class if any of them had seen the documentary “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.” Being the chest clutching bunch they seem to be, none had heard of this little film. They thought it sounded, “Simply awful.” I thought that was amusing since I thought it was very inspirational and had some interesting info for Americans who are addicted to fast food. Even DIET fast food. Point is–I love how you are using your knowledge to produce SLOW food–wonderful fresh SLOW food and fresh juices. Now all of these words regarding this theme begs the question–
    Wouldn’t Joe Cross put this fresh berry/cheesecake/ice cream mixture in a blender and call it JUICE?? (could be a fantasy) Yummy, yummie
    and yum!!! Even B. woke up for this one.

ha – I know the OLD Joe Cross would be all over this ice cream! there is justification somewhere, those are fresh blackberries!

the concept of a juice fast is hard to fathom for some – we LOVED it! still juicing a lot, eating good stuff too. glad you both liked the ice cream – wish I could send some your way!

it really is! and a hint –> we bought ours last year, in September… if you wait just a bit they go on after summer sale – we got this one at Sur La Table and it was a really good deal – like 50% off!

Oh my sweet friend… every time I come to your blog I get so inspired to recreate your recipes… :) This looks divine… and if you ever come to Houston, I’m throwing a dinner party… and will secretly hope you’ll cook for it 😉

YAY! yep, pretty much everything here is GF. :) I hope you make this – the cheesecake alone is great, and the ice cream, well… Mmm! 😀

WEEEEEE! how did I just see this!? I can’t wait to see you, girl – you know I’m in the conference all weekend but after that, let’s PLAY! 😀

My friend Kris introduced me to you…and I so wish she hadn’t. I mean that in the best way possible but I also worry now that I’ve seen this dish what I’m in for…WANT ICE CREAM NOW!

OK, seriously..looks fabulous and great photo too.

thank you, Barbara – this made me laugh, and yes, I understand. (my reader is full of blogs that give me that reaction – and now YOURS is one of them!) 😀

6. Savannah Mae says

so creative! I love that you made a cheesecake just for the ice cream, it all sounds so amazing and your photos are gorgeous! I do believe I will attempt this!

7. Lou says

just wanted to tell you I tried again and this time it worked!! thank you for your email hand holding, LOL. this stuff is amazing, and now I have a (two time!) cheesecake that works!