envy apples

my favorite market will slice open a piece of fruit for you to sample if you ask. sometimes they just offer!

I stumbled upon these huge apples called Envy Apples, and after having a most delicious sample slice, I filled a bag and came scampering home.

a hybrid of the Braeburn and the Royal Gala’s best features, the Envy is grown in New Zealand, where it was researched and created, and as close to me as Washington State, my neighbor to the North.

for comparison, I set one next to a normal sized gala.

I chopped one up as soon as I arrived home

ate it

and I am currently full and happy.

they will cost you more, but you get at least double the apple. in my opinion, worth it. these taste great.

what is your favorite apple?

have you ever had an Envy?

Comments

I just posted to my instagram/twitter/FB feed that I bought a bag of Fuji’s and that fall is in the air.

I love fuji’s overall. Very consistent, crunchy, sweet. I hate mushy apples! ick! and i dont like too tart, either. Must be sweet and nice and crisp.

ew, I’m with ya, can’t stand the mushy! I like tart apples, too, and sweeter ones for juicing. hope you had a great weekend, Averie!

Hi love! I have missed you!

I have never even heard of these kind of apples, and I am envious that you got to try one! haha! I will have to see if I find these at the store !

xoxo <3

Hope you , your husband, and Basil had a great weekend!

hey girl – glad you had an awesome weekend – catching up on everyone’s summit posts! πŸ˜€ you need to look for the Envy, you’d love it! XXO

oh, if you find an Envy, buy one! so SO good… (I am starting to feel weird, like I’m affiliated with them or something!) πŸ˜€

I love apples! And I love to try different kinds! Usually, my favorites are the juicy and a bit sour kinds (I also like Pink Lady sugar bombs every now and then, though ;)). I don’t know whether you know those varieties, because I think some of them (or all?) are old German kinds:

– Elstar (my favorite!)
    – Jonagored (second fave)
    – Gloster

yep, have not heard of any of those! I’d like them, though, if they are more on the tart flavor, those are my favorites too.

You know, I just saw those in the store yesterday. I’m really weird about apples though. Up until about a year ago, I wouldn’t eat anything other than Granny Smith. I found that I do like Honeycrsip and Pink Lady though.

I am weird about apples too – no mush, they HAVE to be crisp, and not too sweet. I like a tart green apple, or one that’s crisp and sweet in the perfect way!

I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard of that variety but there are SO many out there it wouldn’t surprise me if I truly hadn’t heard of it up till now. My all time favorite is cortland – they’re similar to macs but way better lol. Of course thats my own opinion but seriously they’ve heavely and from the local farm they’re HUGE. I’m dying for them to be ready… probably a few more weeks to go before that happens then my butt will be there to get a gigantic bag full. :)

that’s how I feel about these – they are SO good and I filled up a big bag… and can’t wait to get more! :)

Sounds like MY store…and my first experience with an Envy. Seriously, the best apple I have ever tasted.

[And I love working where I do because the produce guys LOVE to get out their knives and share delicious fruit with you. :)]

7. MA says

I have been juicing for several months and have been putting about 3 or 4 Red Delicious apples in with my veggies. I stumbled on Envy a couple of weeks ago and decided to give them a try. They really made a difference in how the juice tasted. The juice is always good, but it was really good with the Envy apples! They are more expensive, but it is definitely worth it!

8. Donna says

I just happened to stumble across the Envy apple at our local Wal-Mart. Sort of pricey, but got a couple anyway. They were everything I want in an apple.

9. Donna says

I just happened to stumble across the Envy apple at our local Wal-Mart. Sort of pricey, but got a couple anyway. They were everything I want in an apple–crisp and crunchy.

10. Maureen says

Purchased two ENVY apples when I was about two hours from home. Now I am on a mission to find some near Miami. Any suggestions?

hmm, Maureen I am not familiar with Miami… but I DID see some Envy apples just today at our local store… it is what some call a “gourmet” grocer, a local version of a Whole Foods, maybe? I would go to some of the stores in your area and ask? Good luck, I hope you are able to find some, aren’t they delicious?

• Kristina Sloggett says

oh, wow – what area of the country are you in?? I need to see if I can find them – they are here for such short times! enjoy!

11. tyler says

i love this apples i just want to know if i can find them at a better price i cant stop eating then i really would like to know if i could but in bulk at a good price contacted envy apples seeing what they are going to say this apples r so good

12. Janie says

Stumbled upon the Envy apple at our local Sam’s Club. Thought they were pricey BUT not when you taste them! I’m on my 3rd bag and hate to think when they won’t be available anymore! They are the BEST apple I ever ate and I eat a lot of them! If anyone knows where we can order by box let me know..thanks!

• Kristina Sloggett says

exactly how I feel – the taste is worth the price! plus, they are usually HUGE, so its almost like a meal? πŸ˜‰ that is a great idea – I never thought to look for a place to order them… if I find one I will definitely share!

13. jazz says

The Envy apple is my new favorite! I have always been a Glad and Jazz apple girl ( my name is jazz, so that’s more about vanity than taste) lol. I just bought one of these behemoths to try and then after slicing and eating that first delicious bite, I decided to look up what other people thought lol. So of course there’s a blog about it, oh wonderful internet! OK so guys, I LOVE this apple. It is crisp, wonderfully sweet, the skin is firm, no mush and the consistency is just like a pear. In fact even the flavor is almost pear like, like a snow pear! I love pears so it makes sense I would love this apple. Thanks for blogging about this! The best apple I have ever had, as well as one of the biggest!