jalapeno peach smoothie

Yep. I sure did. and it was good.

I had some of the freshest, sweetest peaches the other day. So sweet I thought adding some spicy to them would be a good thing. This recipe couldn’t be easier, and you could take it in a couple directions – add protein powder for some staying power, or add some vodka for a refreshing summer cocktail.

I’ll be out in the pool when you finish making the second one, okay?

jalapeno peach smoothie

2 fresh peaches, pitted
2 green apples
2 jalapenos

Juice both apples and one jalapeno. Slice peaches and remaining jalapeno (remove seeds) and add to blender. Pour apple / jalapeno juice into blender and blend.

This was exactly as I imagined and hoped it would be. Sweet, tart, with a slight spicy kick. I can absolutely see a big icy pitcher full of this tasty goodness at our next pool party. A second pitcher for mine the spiked version.

Comments

I actually cannot believe I haven’t done this sooner – I love my bell peppers juiced, and I certainly love my jalas!

I knew you’d like this one, my friend! πŸ˜€ and YES – it’s like a drinkable salsa! (ooh, marinade??)

This sounds amazing. I don’t know that I would drink it in the morning, but I could see it being a really wonderful smoothie for the afternoon, or with lunch. Especially on the beach. :)

OK, I love it. As I’ve told you before (I think), smoothies and whatnot don’t really “do it for me.” However we just started making these fruit and veggie juices at the store, and oh my goll, I may become a believer! The raw veggie juice has beets, carrots, spinach, cukes…and jalapeno, which was an amazing, subtle addition that really rounded out the flavor…so hooray for your adventurous nature. I bet it really is amazing.

it was GOOD ! my latest (that will be up soon…) ?? GARLIC! whoa – YUM.

I’m glad you’re coming around to the juices and smoothies! they’re so good for you, and at least for me, give me energy and make me feel amazing!

Brilliant! I often make peach-jalapeno preserves, can’t believe I never thought to make it into a drink. Also – since my partner and daughter don’t have any sort of heat tolerance at all – I can make this and then *not* feel guilty about not wanting to share. :)

Yum! I need to buy some peaches from our Farmers Market because the ones from the grocery story have been disappointing lately. I want to come over for a pool party with spiked drinks! Billy and Jason could entertain us with cannon balls and song & dance routines. All while Basil cruises around the pool on a raft…

I can’t wait to get back to the Farmers Market this weekend… I’ll probably be sitting in my car in the dark, watching them all set up…

thanks, Heather! grilled peaches are always awesome, and with jalapeno sauce!?? that sounds amazing!

OMG….this looks SOOOOO good!!!! My “must try” file is getting pretty full, but this is going in there! LOVE the idea of fruit and peppers, thanks so much for the inspiration. MMM! Have a great day.

many months ago I started juicing bell peppers, and LOVE those! I don’t really know why I haven’t done a jalapeno sooner… :) hope YOU’RE having a great day too, Roz!

Vodka? YES. Or maybe champagne, like a Bellini :) I’m too afraid to try spicy and sweet. I’m always tempted to put red pepper flakes in chocolate dishes, but I can’t bring myself to do it. I’m a wuss!

a bellini!! that is a FABULOUS idea! I think red pepper flakes and chocolate sounds AWESOME together – I think there is a chili chocolate bar, maybe you could try one of those first? :)

I know you do! πŸ˜€ you must try this! if you don’t like it as a smoothie, use it as a marinade!

What a brilliant idea…and it would be perfect for the morning when you need your metabolism spiked! Love this idea so much…if I could take the heat, lol!

Charissa – if you make sure to take out all the seeds, it really isn’t TOO hot… just a flavorful spicy! so good, I hope you try it! πŸ˜€