celery boost

in Breakfast, daily juice, recipes

I love juicing. It’s refreshing, restoring, energizing, delicious. While I’ve been juicing all winter, I am really loving it now as the weather is getting warmer. I have some new ideas for my juice that I am looking forward to trying.

This morning’s juice was a good one, a classic.

celery boost

serves one (large glass!)

1 bunch celery
1 red pepper
1 beet
1 lemon, peeled
1 apple

Juice and enjoy!

Beets are high carb, containing important heart healthy antioxidants, cancer fighting amino acids and powerful iron. Lemon is purifying and cleansing, can help indigestion and has great flavor. Celery is anti inflammatory and has high levels of Vitamin C. Celery also makes pretty flowers.

I love those.

Happy Sunday – anything fun planned today?

1 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 29, 2011 at 6:15 am

Your juices are so pretty. I don’t know what our plans are today. Tony is working and if he gets done, we will go go a BBQ otherwise, we are here. I hope you have a great day though!

2 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 29, 2011 at 8:22 am

It is supposed to be a warm day today (80 degrees) and a juice like this sounds so refreshing.

I love the celery rose! How cute!

3 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com May 29, 2011 at 9:34 am

Mmmm.. Yummy juice! Perfect summer booster if you ask me!

4 cooking rookie May 29, 2011 at 10:57 am

Wow, this is super -healthy! and I love the celery shot from the top – what an original angle :-)

5 Lisa May 29, 2011 at 11:45 am

I love juice too—there is nothing like it!

6 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 29, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I thought this was a Bloody Mary at first! :)
This juice definitely looks refreshing. Hope you’re enjoying your holiday weekend!

7 Kath (My Funny Little Life) May 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Mmmm, looks wonderful again! :)

Sunday is over here already. I washed. :D

8 Joanna May 29, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Yummy! This juice looks like a bloody mary. Hehehe :)

9 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 29, 2011 at 5:40 pm

the last pic, the overhead…is STUNNING!

and i am just coming to stalk your site for the link to your hummus balls b/c i am prewriting a post for a few days from now and will be mentioning them :)

that i am scared to try hummus in desserts. lol

10 spabettie May 29, 2011 at 6:03 pm

thank you, Averie! :) everyone is saying it looks like a bloody mary :)

and THANK YOU – excited to be featured and to read your post… AND for you to overcome dessert hummus fear! ;)

11 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} May 29, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Totally looks like a Bloody Mary! :-) I need to get my juice on one of these days. I’m always too lazy to get my juicer out….what a cop out, huh? I’m not sure if I could handle all of that celery in one glass though. Do you find it overpowering?

12 hihorosie May 29, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Another gorgeous juice…reminds me to stock up on extra produce for juicing. :) And all that vitamin C helps to absorb all that powerful iron. yay!

13 Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free May 30, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I ADORE my juicer. And that is my typical juice, too! Or I just throw whatever else is hiding in my produce drawer….I especially love how GORGEOUS and RED the beet juice is :)

14 Midlife Cruiser May 30, 2011 at 5:40 pm

After seeing Jason’s bread, if I was you, I’d dunk that bread in any & every concoction you make! I’m so excited to meet you guys!! We’re on our way to Portland now :) Oregon is beeeeautimous!

15 Ashley June 15, 2011 at 3:31 pm

OMG yes! I loooove juicing and this one looks divine!