springtime blooms

in Sunday Garden Series, yard & garden

One thing people ask for more of on spabettie? More photos of my gardens! I love taking these photos, so I’m happy many of you are liking them. I seem to post these mainly on Sundays, so here we are again with another

Sunday Walk In My Garden.

Doesn’t that look like a long spindly-legged spider at the base?

I love these…

This puffy grass (moss?) reminds me of Hawaii Grandpa’s back yard…  know what it’s called? Dad? Mom? Anyone?

So Vibrant…

These smell so good

These will be blueberries soon:

I can’t wait – we look forward to the blueberries every year!

Chives…

Sunny yellows

and more pink!

Faces in the Flowers? 😀

Purple Pretties.

These just make me smile.

I love Purple and Yellow together.

Happy Sunday everyone!

1 Christin@purplebirdblog May 22, 2011 at 10:51 am

Love those blue toesies! :)

2 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:30 pm

hee – thanks! fun, yes?

3 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 22, 2011 at 11:05 am

Cute toes!!
I LOVE the lilacs!! I think those are my favorite flower! or at least my favorite flower smell!

4 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:30 pm

they smell SO good, the lilacs!

5 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 22, 2011 at 11:19 am

I love these! I love your blue polish too! I hope you’re having a great weekend!

6 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:30 pm

hee- thanks! the blue polish is fun – I am boring on my fingernails – usually clear – so I sometimes do FUN colors on toes!

7 lindsay May 22, 2011 at 11:27 am

purple and yellow are my favorite combos too! Gorgeous kris!

8 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:29 pm

thank you, Linds! purple and yellow just GO together (and I think they are our friend Dorry’s TWO FAVORITE colors, right??) :) they remind me of art school and the opposites on the color wheel…

9 Stephanie@MyThornsHaveRoses May 22, 2011 at 11:59 am

Pretty!!!! Are these all over the place in your yard or in one contained area? I love learning about layouts!

10 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Stephanie, it’s FUNNY you ask this!! this time when I was out taking these photos (and looking at them as I was taking them…) I realized I always do closeups rather than larger views of the yards… I took a couple then didn’t include them!! 😀 I felt like there were too many photos already?? my NEXT garden post I’ll include better views of the actual garden… we have things all over our yard – front and side, and back… so all over! next yard post is for YOU! 😉

11 Aimee May 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm

WOW! You have so many flowers out already! We don’t have many, I think because everything is running behind this year. It looks like you have a lovely garden.

12 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’m feeling behind right now – I really want to plant my vegetable garden… hopefully soon!

13 Lindsey @ Morningstar Project May 22, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Hi! I’m new to your blog and just had to comment on how beautiful these photos are! I thought I was lucky being in Santa Barbara with our floras but I think you take the cake.

14 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm

hello Lindsay!! thank you for saying so! we just returned from a couple weeks vacation, and some of these bloomed while we were gone – a nice vibrant welcome home! (and I’m glad it rained while we were gone!) :)

15 Heather (Where's the Beach) May 22, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Absolutely gorgeous pictures. Love love all the colors (even the toes!). I think that’s what I love most about spring and summer – color.

16 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:22 pm

thank you, friend! that is definitely one of my favorite things too, the bright colors, growing vegetables, the fresh SMELL in the air…

17 Dorry May 22, 2011 at 5:04 pm

yesss! faces in the flowers. always! thanks, friend. that made me smile. beautiful photos! I can smell the fragrance from here. :)

18 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm

we have those in a few places around our yard… they used to make me think of Alice, NOW they make me think of YOU! <3

19 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I love the pictures!

I am terrified of spiders so to be honest that picture was kind of scary :(

20 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:19 pm

thank you!! I know – I have an incredibly unnatural fear of spiders, so I cannot even believe I posted that one! I think the flowers were so pretty, I didn’t really notice the base looked like a spider :)

21 Kris @Krazy_Kris May 22, 2011 at 5:44 pm

DANG! Like – DANG! So pretty – geesh…. I have lambs ear and chives too! But yours look really pretty…. Hmmm….. time to practice with the camera – once again – you inspire me!

22 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I love the lamb’s ear – so soft, even to look at! the chives are funny – they are here pretty much year round – YUM! and THANK YOU, Kris!! so nice to hear :)

23 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 22, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I could look at these photos all day! Gorgeous flowers.
Hope you had a lovely weekend, friend!

24 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm

thank you, Courtney!! I love taking these photos, so I’m happy to share with those who appreciate them! 😀 we had a nice weekend, I hope you did too!!

25 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 22, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I love that mossy stuff! We don’t have it here, but I remember seeing it when I went to Maine as a kid. I cannot believe how many colors you have already! We’re just starting to see a bit of green. Sheesh!

26 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I love it too – so puffy and soft! :) we only have small strips of it lining the regular grass… I wish we had a yard full, like my grandpa in Hawaii did! :)

27 Shirley @ gfe May 22, 2011 at 7:15 pm

All so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us, Kristina. :-)

xo,
Shirley

28 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:13 pm

thank you, Shirley!! I love taking photos in my yard…

29 Caroline @ Out of Liney May 22, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I am DEFINITELY making this post-vacation detox drink when I get back from LA! Great post :)

30 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I’ve been having some GREAT post-vacation juicing!! hope you are enjoying LA! 😀

31 Kaitlyn May 23, 2011 at 4:32 am

How beautiful!! I can’t wait to be a “grown up” so I can have a gorgeous garden :)

32 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm

thanks, Kaitlyn! :) I am looking forward to the produce garden – hope to plant soon – I love to watch veggies grow!

33 hihorosie May 23, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Gorgeous! Such beautiful colors (love the 3rd one)! And love the blue toes! I have a color very similar by Creative. It’s one of my faves. I need to make mine blue – right now, they’re a lovely dark yet springy frosty purple.

34 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I love the third one too – those bloomed while we were on vacation (good thing it rained a lot while we were gone!). I generally keep my fingernails clear or very light pink, so it’s fun to play with crazy colors for pedicures :)

35 Nomadic Samuel November 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Gorgeous shots! I love the diversity in colour and composition :)

36 spabettie November 10, 2011 at 5:09 pm