morning garden walk

in Basil is a Young Sportsman, Sunday Garden Series, yard & garden

Three things:

I want Pippa’s dress.

I want the name Pippa!

I want to drive a wine-powered Aston Martin.

After our all-nighter, Basil and I took a (pre-nap!) walk around the gardens today.

Cool and dewy…

the sun did peek out while we were out there.

new trees.

soft leaves.

when you live by the golf club…

ivy by the river.

better view of the river:

Basil Dachshund…

Happy Friday!

1 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 29, 2011 at 10:11 am

I love the name Pippa too! I wish I had a better name. I like fun names! I love my son Max’s name. It fits him too. It just says something about you when it sounds like something fun or extreme! The walk looks amazing! Enjoy the rest of your day.

2 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I like the name Max too – and Rex, actually. I’d probably never want to name a person Rex, because it probably conjures up images of a dog, but I would LOVE if I met someone named Rex. :D and thank you – I hope your day is good and your whole weekend too!

3 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 29, 2011 at 10:35 am

Basil is so cute!!!

I am with you — I want my name to be Pippa!

4 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm

fun name, right? :) *Basil says thank you Holly*

5 Kath (My Funny Little Life) April 29, 2011 at 11:41 am

Aww, lovely! :D The new trees are so kind and lovely … Isn’t it amazing that they’ll grow into big, beautiful trees one day? And how awesome is it that you have a river in your garden?

*wag wag* to Basil! He’s adorable as always.

6 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm

the river goes through our yard… it is nice, I love the sound. it has SCARED me twice in the three years we’ve lived here, flooding and coming up into the yard (which takes A LOT), one time just a couple feet from the house. EEP! Basil sends big love to his friend Kath!! XXO *wag wag*

7 Kath (My Funny Little Life) April 29, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I want a garden with a river one day. The sound of flowing or pouring water is what I love the most. So calming.

8 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm

yes… exactly why I love it… I love that sound, very soothing! and it doesn’t get TOO incredibly HOT here, but we usually have several days in the 90’s and a few in the 100+, and being by the river is MUCH cooler! :)

9 Rachel @ Baked by Rachel April 29, 2011 at 11:53 am

Your dog is so cute! And I totally agree – the name Pipa is great of course until today people may have thought that a crazy statement.

10 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 1:21 pm

thank you!! (and Basil says thank you!) yeah, there will probably be babies named Pippa now… ;)

11 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 29, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Fav pic: new trees… how cute!

12 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 2:43 pm

aren’t they cute?? they are all over the yard and I love them!

13 Dinner at Christina's April 29, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I could NEVER pull off Pippa’s dress! She looked stunning.

Those tiny baby trees are adorable!

14 Heather April 29, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Beautiful pictures! I also loved Pippa’s dress – stunning!

15 spabettie April 30, 2011 at 12:06 am

thank you! yes – I want that dress! :D

16 hihorosie April 29, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Gorgeous dress (love the name too), gorgeous pics and handsome Basil! :)

17 spabettie April 30, 2011 at 12:05 am

aww, thank you – Basil says thank you;) isn’t the dress just stunning?

18 Tiffany @ Simply Shaka April 30, 2011 at 1:19 am

Those flowers are so pretty. Hooray for spring! And double hooray for Basil–I feel like it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a pic of him on here. I am all about the puppy love :)

19 spabettie April 30, 2011 at 11:46 pm

aww… I know! Basil’s readers request him if his presence has not been consistent! :D

20 Heather @ kissmybroccoli May 1, 2011 at 11:43 am

Oh those tulips are beautiful! Wow!

Oh my goodness I loved that dress! I didn’t even watch the wedding (didn’t really care) but I caught a recap at the gym yesterday and my mouth about fell open when I saw her dress! Did you see the one she wore to the reception? Even better!

21 spabettie May 3, 2011 at 9:12 am

yes that second dress was beautiful as well… she’s stunning and would make a burlap sack look good… ;)

22 Pure2raw Twins May 3, 2011 at 6:57 am

Wow I would love to come take a walk in your garden! So beautiful and I bet so relaxing too :) I love the name Pippa too and her dress was amazing!!

23 spabettie May 3, 2011 at 8:49 am

I want that dress… I would choose HER dress as a wedding dress over Kate’s! (Kate’s was stunningly gorgeous too – but I LOVE Pippas!) :) hmm… maybe some day.. ;)

I feel really spoiled for the yard we have – we have lived here three years and the day we found it we could not believe it was actually available, 2 acres and next to a gold course, small house but enough for us, and 10 minutes to downtown Portland. we snatched it up! now that we are looking to buy a house, I have found the ONE negative of this place, we won’t find much like it! :D

24 Heather (Where's the Beach) May 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Friend – your photos are just amazing.

25 spabettie May 3, 2011 at 9:44 pm